Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:51 AM

874 posts, read 1,659,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I thought they were dead even in the last task. Brandy had a much better answer in the board room and she did do better through the season overall. The finale was strange. No climax, just here you are....

I was so stunned that the end came so quickly and with no real build up. I would have liked more boardroom and less task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
It's quite possible to be charming toward someone without implying that they get to boff you. I do it with gay waiters and flight attendants all the time, and I get all sorts of little benefits, none of them sexual.
Being a gay guy, I loved that part of your post. The rest of it was great as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think anyone successful in business has got to use the assets they have. Different people have different assets. Some are funny, some are people person's, some are charming, some are great orators, some are attractive...etc. I think NOT to use the assets you have would be the true sign of not being fit for leadership.
I totally agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
Ever heard of joking around? Don junior laughed and said "You're hired!" ad everyone laughed. Anyway, Brandy's board room answer was from the heart! I wished she worded it better, but hey at least she didn't sound rehearsed like Clint. It was a risky answer to give, but you know the Wall Street saying: High risk, high reward.
I too think the humor in that moment was missed by some posters on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 02:39 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
Being a gay guy, I loved that part of your post. The rest of it was great as well.
Thanks. It works great. Life has taught me that many gay guys can not only tell who's gay, but know who can tell that they are gay--and can immediately sense one's attitude about that. So there is this whole swift, subtle dynamic, where we all know and no one says anything, but I get the most excellent service. They get a great tip, but that's independent of the playful dynamic; that's simply what a great job has earned them, and not why they are doing it (in most cases; hey, everyone's gotta make a living). As a close gay friend once explained to me, situations in which it just is not an issue are rare enough (well, outside particular enclaves) that gay people don't take that for granted.

The sublime irony of it is that I don't ask and they don't tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV