Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,777 times

Advertisements

OK...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Something that's really bothering me this season is all the "looking for respect" from Lisa and it's getting a little annoying. Didn't she haul the big loads and gain lots of respect last season? I seem to remember being very impressed by her so I don't where her needing all this respect is coming from.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,188,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
... Didn't she haul the big loads and gain lots of respect last season?
Yes I was wondering about that too. Seemed odd, like they're recycling old stories. Are they running out of ideas? I think this show has a short shelf life for locations. Once they've run a road a number of times it's kind of "been there, done that." They did two years on the ocean ice (also then the concept was new) and now this is the second year on the Dalton.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:32 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Something that's really bothering me this season is all the "looking for respect" from Lisa and it's getting a little annoying. Didn't she haul the big loads and gain lots of respect last season? I seem to remember being very impressed by her so I don't where her needing all this respect is coming from.
Same thought here, because I remember some especially big loads last season. Surely the one load "downgrade" she did this year wouldn't have caused all the other drivers to lose respect for her?

Interesting tidbit from this week's episode -- Carlile Trucking received 16 citations last year, and nine of those came from Hugh. It sounds as though he has to pay his own fines, but at some point doesn't it seem reasonable that Carlile would say "enough is enough"?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Interesting tidbit from this week's episode -- Carlile Trucking received 16 citations last year, and nine of those came from Hugh. It sounds as though he has to pay his own fines, but at some point doesn't it seem reasonable that Carlile would say "enough is enough"?
Maybe if the show gets cancelled. He's sort of a popular 'character' on there and the rivalry with Alex keeps things interesting. I don't care for him, but a lot of these shows seem to like having a$$holes in the spotlight.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:12 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Yes I was wondering about that too. Seemed odd, like they're recycling old stories. Are they running out of ideas? I think this show has a short shelf life for locations. Once they've run a road a number of times it's kind of "been there, done that." They did two years on the ocean ice (also then the concept was new) and now this is the second year on the Dalton.
I agree...I know the original location didn't want them back after the show aired so where does this show go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
I caught that...I guess Hugh isn't the great guy he thinks he is. In the previews for next week, he really seems to tick off quite a few people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Maybe if the show gets cancelled. He's sort of a popular 'character' on there and the rivalry with Alex keeps things interesting. I don't care for him, but a lot of these shows seem to like having a$$holes in the spotlight.
I don't like him either...I would love to see him leave.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
I am glad I am not the only one thinking that they are playing up the "respect" angle with Lisa Kelly. I don't remember it being an issue last season and they were on the Dalton Road then, also.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:40 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
We stopped watching it last year because of Hugh. Think we saw 1 or 2 episodes; it looked like the same old with Hugh thinking his butt doesn't stink.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:46 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times
Hugh says that Jack Jessee is "full of himself"?

Pot, meet kettle .....

Old 06-28-2010, 03:18 PM

I think my worries about this season being more "been there, done that" have been put to rest. That was a great episode. An interesting crew this year. Last epi we saw rookie Ray Vellieux learn (the hard way) the lesson of "never enough time to do it right, always enough time to do it over" when twice trying to take big grades without chains and both times paying the price. I'm glad he got over his intentions to quit and continues to develop. And Lisa (I know, I'm a male pig but...) Some one has consulted with her about her makeup. Gone is the bright paint on the lips and the "raccoon eyes" eye liner that looked like it was put on with a magic marker. She is quite a lovely young woman. And very self aware of her "talents." You could see her playing young Greg Boadwine in that scene around an eatery's table in Coldfoot I know that because I am old and wiser and have been played a few times myself Need to add that Lisa is a damn fine trucker too

Ice Road Truckers Season 4 Truckers Bios History.com

Old 07-12-2010, 04:24 PM

Last night's epi - Wondering about Hugh and Alex's "competition" Hugh parking his truck to block in Alex's and an innocent third party loses out getting the mirror broken off his car. I used to work for a sadistic boss who was well liked by our poor excuse of a human being department head. They were two peas in a pod. My boss and a few of his cronies were always doing things to trouble and sabotage their workmates. Well we got a new department head and things changed overnight. My boss got fired! The new DH had a policy that the work that we did was difficult and demanding and it certainly didn't make any sense for people inside the organization holding back our progress by sabotaging others. I wonder how Carlile Transportation feels about Hugh sabotaging other employees' work?

I'm glad to see Ray doing OK despite learning things in the "school of hard knocks" He has a lot of concern for his family.

Ice Road Truckers | History.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV