Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:33 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

It was mentioned that they have tons of cameras, think they said on almost every rig.

Hugh.. didn't care for him last season, don't care for him this season. His bad karma gave him a taste of what he gives to others with the brakes failing.

I feel bad for Drew. Hugh screwed him over last year, then they bring him in on the same team as Hugh. Couldn't believe when he forgot his jacket.

I dislike the guy they (Hugh/Drew) are working for. I think he's being a jerk to Drew. The comments he makes are uncalled for. So what Drew carries a brief case, a lot of truckers do.

We'll be recording the show this year. I missed a few episodes last season, of course I missed the last one that they drove in but caught the one where they were sitting at the table.

Ice Road Truckers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times
Wink finally back on

i sure am glad it finally started. drew didn't last very long, not even long enough to get a truck. i know that is pretty crazy driving over the ocean. it's pretty cool they can go faster though, makes the trip alot quicker for sure.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:14 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Now this sounds like an interesting show
History channel going to repeat season 1 at all so i can jump in??

Old 06-10-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Now this sounds like an interesting show
History channel going to repeat season 1 at all so i can jump in??

Yeah, they keep showing last season. so you should be able to catch it on. this seasons a little different because their driving over the ocean this year. last year they were driving over frozen lakes. i think it will be very interesting this season.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:36 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
Yeah, they keep showing last season. so you should be able to catch it on. this seasons a little different because their driving over the ocean this year. last year they were driving over frozen lakes. i think it will be very interesting this season.
You know what after looking around the site this show seems so interesting compared to all the junk on I ordered the first season DVd so i can watch at my leisure....

Old 06-11-2008, 06:14 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
You know what after looking around the site this show seems so interesting compared to all the junk on I ordered the first season DVd so i can watch at my leisure....
I have season 1 on dvd and was surprised by two things:

1.) They left the bleeps IN...when the show was bleeped I figured once the dvd came out they would let you hear what they really said...after all...it's in your own home...but no! I thought that was a little strange.

2.) They did not use the "Living on the Edge" theme song from the show on the dvd. I guess they couldn't get or didn't want to pay for licenses or rights.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 AM

yeah, my wife and i watch it all the time. i guess when they put it on dvd it was just copied from regular program on tv.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I'll have to catch this season on repeats. L&O:CI is on USA opposite truckers. I need to satisfy my crime addiction before all else!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:27 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,402 times
I think drew is a putz, I mean he ran out of gas last season, come on that one is preventable. Even the mechanic said all his problems were caused by him.

It seems to me that Rick has had his fame from last season go to his head, I mean blue hair and the rick hat is a bit much.

What does surprise me I guess is they arent going to cover Yellowknife. I bet thats where guys from season one are why are they not covering it?

Old 06-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
I think drew is a putz, I mean he ran out of gas last season, come on that one is preventable. Even the mechanic said all his problems were caused by him.

It seems to me that Rick has had his fame from last season go to his head, I mean blue hair and the rick hat is a bit much.

What does surprise me I guess is they arent going to cover Yellowknife. I bet thats where guys from season one are why are they not covering it?

i couldn't agree with you more. after running out of fuel and after just getting his truck out of the shop ( having a new battery box made and new batteries ) come on! that guy is a total moron. i can't beleave he came back and for what! he can't even wait for a truck. give me a break.

then you have rick, cry baby of the north. he doesn't even belong there. like hugh said rick always needs a hug. LMAO. AND WITH THE BLUE HAIR, HE LOOKS LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD. i know i hope they cover yellow knife because all the drivers from there didn't go to the other show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV