Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Lady GaGa to mentor final four next week. Fantastic.

Lady Gaga American Idol Top 4 | PopWatch | EW.com

Check out GaGa's piano version of Poker Face.

Sorry, didn't notice this had previously bee posted.
WHY would she be a mentor? She has had a career for 5 minutes and IMO I don't think she is all that great. All about the promos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
WHY would she be a mentor? She has had a career for 5 minutes and IMO I don't think she is all that great. All about the promos.
Elton John doesn't perform duets with just anybody. Whether you like the Lady or not, she can sing, unlike JLo - just awful last night. I didn't like Gaga when she first came on the scene, but after checking out her acoustic and piano versions of songs, she's got a great voice and is intelligent if you've listened to her interviews. I don't know why Miley Cyrus was a mentor. To each his own.
Speaking of promos, the whole show last was a giant advertisement.

Last edited by tigerlily; 05-06-2011 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Exactly, Exactly, Exactly! 100% this.

Thank Og Jacob's whiny butt is gone. I don't think I could have taken another week of his shrieking.
Right. My dad told me in the old vaudeville days they used a hook to drag people off the stage when they wouldn't leave. I was looking for the hook last night. LOL.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

Looks like Lauren was going for sympathy votes with the tears last night. It might save her from going next vs Haley. Granted, I don't know how Haley has survived this long. During the group number, she is the only one trying to not mesh with the other contestants by singing louder with that raspy thing she does the whole song.
I don't think Lauren is going for sympathy votes. She's not ready yet for a career in the music industry. If you're going to criticize Lauren, then criticize James because he does the same. If he goes on tour, won't he be separated from his family. I found this on another board, and I thought it was funny.
James tears = Catnip for teenage girls = Votes for James. That said, if Haley leaves next week, my votes will go to James.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I don't think Lauren is going for sympathy votes. She's not ready yet for a career in the music industry. If you're going to criticize Lauren, then criticize James because he does the same. If he goes on tour, won't he be separated from his family. I found this on another board, and I thought it was funny.
James tears = Catnip for teenage girls = Votes for James. That said, if Haley leaves next week, my votes will go to James.
Agreed, but remember James does have some problems, so don't make fun of him. He is an emotional guy, and a truly one of the good guys. And I don't care where his votes are coming from as long as he gets them because he really deserves them. He is amazing. And his wife and son will more than likely be able to join him on part of the tour.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Right. My dad told me in the old vaudeville days they used a hook to drag people off the stage when they wouldn't leave. I was looking for the hook last night. LOL.
I think Jacob was just being funny when he wouldn't stop. He was being egged on to keep going. If you noticed, he was laughing while he was doing it.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Stefano better get a mini solo in the finale at least!

Old 05-06-2011, 12:28 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
There's hope yet for AI. We try to FF through Jacob's performances to avoid the pain.

Amongst those that are left, not a bad group at all. Easier to listen to than in year's passed for the final four. Personally, I think Lauren will have the most lucrative career. She's almost ready right now, just a bit more maturity. James will do very well, so will Scotty.

As for Haley? She Can have some fantastic moments, but I think she has more duds than the others. It's hard to judge when contrasts between genres are readily apparent. I'm not a country guy, but I can appreciate bot Lauren and Scotty. Lauren, IMO, is the best in many years for what she does.

Haley could be one of the most memorable singers. She's different, not a copycat. Her warm up problems are apparent through almost mid-song. But when she gets into it, she can wail. Needs to really go back and review what everyone was impressed with, mostly what type of songs she should do.

My finalists?

Lauren and.....

not sure yet

Old 05-06-2011, 12:34 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I thought it was pretty crappy of the judges, she did what Jimmy Levine recommened she do, they should have critiqued her on her singing, not whether or not anyone knew the song, when someone wins American Idol they don't sing songs anyone knows just the same as when an artist comes out with a new song.

FWIW I thought she did a good job with the song.

I don't blame her for looking upset, I would have to, they never said anything about her singing, they just slammed her for singing a song noone had ever heard.

They needed to criticize Jacob more, he sounded awful last night and I do not understand how he has stayed on the show this long.
Song choice is up to the contestant. Haley should have had the guts (or brains) to say no. Song choice is 50% of the success factor for them - it needs to match their skills and appeal to the voters. Jimmy gave her bad advice, but she simply didn't have the will to choose something else.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:26 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
Agreed, but remember James does have some problems, so don't make fun of him. He is an emotional guy, and a truly one of the good guys. And I don't care where his votes are coming from as long as he gets them because he really deserves them. He is amazing. And his wife and son will more than likely be able to join him on part of the tour.
Are you one of the moderators here? I have read several post of yours today where you are telling others what they should not be saying. I don't agree with many posts, but it's not my place to tell others what to write or not. Or maybe you are just having a bad day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV