Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times

Advertisements

^^^agree wholeheartedly. I was sad when James got the boot but happy with the final two.

I got you covered Texasfirewheel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 07:36 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
The look on Haley's face when J-Lo or the others would critique her and the nasty looks she would give them back just showed she would never make it down the road. J-Lo didn't look too sad when Haley lost !

Sunny- I agree with you about Scotty and Lauren being the most humble contestants on the show. Kudos to them both!They are extremely genuine. They will both go a long way. Haley will be forgotten because of that "tude" of hers!!!(and the raspy voice!)

Last edited by Beretta; 05-19-2011 at 08:10 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,930 times
Three comments:

I was very touched by Lauren's and Scotty's hometown visits, especially seeing Scotty breakdown, because he has been very stoic up until now.

That Pussycat Doll's song was not appropriate for a family show. I'm glad my daughter wasn't watching with me tonight. It was all about, "I like where he put's it...". I'm not a prude, but come on.

Sorry, Haley fans, but she is one weird chick.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:40 PM

302 posts, read 580,326 times
I watched the girl get slammed almost every week while others were getting a pass, I don't think she started out with the attitude. Heck, I had an attitude after watching the show most nights. She could sing and her performances were better every week. She stands up for herself, she has a strong personality and because of that she will likely be more successful than the little girl Lauren.

I love Lauren but I worry that the girl doesn't have the strength of character to stand up to the bullys that she will meet up with in the music industry. Haley has moxie I'll give you that but you need it to succeed in the music industry. I highly doubt it was a landslide vote against Haley's attitude, more a bubblegum vote in favor of the teens.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-19-2011 at 08:10 PM..

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I said that after Pia got the boot! I don't watch the show but I come on here for my fix!
Again. Unbelievable.

LOL, I hear they're moving American Idol to Nashville next year. Changing the name, too. American Hee Haw

LOL, I'm banging my head here........errrrgggg.

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
^^^agree wholeheartedly. I was sad when James got the boot but happy with the final two.

I got you covered Texasfirewheel
Thanks for repping me including Texasfirewheel

I missed James on Ellen today

Here he is explaining how he and Adam Lambert are two different type of artists where some on this thread compared them to which only the screaming only thing they had in common.
AfterElton Briefs: Gaga Moves To FarmVille, Adam Lambert "Disses" James Durbin, MTV is Looking for Kids of Gay Parents, and More | | AfterElton.com

Old 05-19-2011, 07:43 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
I do think Haley will be snapped up in music industry. She's not only a very good singer, but she is unique and the others don't have that. The others sound like any other half way decent singer in a kareoke bar. No originality.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-19-2011 at 08:11 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Let me be the first to say;

Spoiler
Scotty wins it all, and in the great Idol tradition, Haley sells more records.
He will be the big money maker, not her.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Dolly and Kenny...I love it. Too bad I cant rep you again.
If they do a remake of Islands In The Sun...I will put a bullet in my brain!

Old 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM

5,340 posts, read 4,427,425 times
It's not about hate at all. You see, I really couldn't care less about the winner. There will be some great careers that come out of this season.

Haley has a wonderful voice, but for me it is unchanging. Not every song needs a growl. It's too predictable. Now if she opens herself up to some constructive criticism, and makes the best of the wonderful range she has exhibited at times, she very well could have a very successful future.

Scotty also has a great voice. He does have the range and can sing outside of the lower register.

Lauren also has a beautiful voice, but she too, is predictable. There will always be a tear in her song.

With that said, IF Haley can get some good managers and IF she listens to them, I could buy her music. Lauren and Scotty...not my cup of tea. I can't change the channel fast enough if it lands on a country station.

What I, and others, don't care for is attitude. I don't care who you think you are. If you put yourself out there to be critiqued you better be able to suck it up and take the criticism, be it good or bad. When you stand before the judges and they tell you something you don't like, arguing with them and glaring at them earns you no brownie points. A spoiled little girl attitude just doesn't make it. Besides, it does this beautiful and talented young lady no favors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-19-2011 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: quoted post was deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV