Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 08:22 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,396,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Since you quoted me, I'll answer. Believe it or not, I am not taking it personally. I am not whining and griping and complaining about the show, or the process or who is or isn't there or why.

I just wanted to call out people who are referencing these two young singers with a phrase that is obviously meant as derogatory. They don't deserve the attitude towards them.

People would be nicer if they just called it what it is....a country/country finale.

Oh, and I'm not the one that used the term racist. If I had called it anything I would have said like I did above, that it was being used as a derogatory term.
Just silly stuff. Haley's been dumped on more than the other two, in this forum. But who cares? Music niches, or people from another part of the country, have nothing to do with Races. Amazing that the word was used at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 08:31 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,441,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
If Haley was voted off because she was no good and didn't deserve to be in the final, then Pia didn't deserve to be in the final either. Your assumption that people are voted off because they deserve it needs to be applied to Pia. Using your criteria, Pia was voted off because she was no good and didn't deserve to be in the final.
Pia had less personality than a door. This is why she was voted off. Thus, neither should have been in the final. The girls talentwise were nowhere on the level as the guys.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,350,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I think it was fairly accurate. You watching the same show I am?

I don't like or listen to Country Music. I don't expect anyone that does to agree with me. Attitude did not sink Haley's ship.
I'm not a country fan either but I enjoyed both Lauren & Scotty thus far

Old 05-20-2011, 09:04 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,243,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm not a country fan either but I enjoyed both Lauren & Scotty thus far
I think it will be enjoyable to witness their transformation once they begin recording and performing. Soon they will be old pros. They're all young and they all will grow and fine tune thier talents.

I kind of get a kick out of remembering Carrie Underwood when in the early stages of AI. Now look at her. She's definitely a pro and a great performer. I dunno, I just enjoy watching them transform and grow with experience.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:06 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,396,303 times
Quote:
Yes, that interview is one of the best I've read. Being around musicians and adults from an early age explains a lot about her confident attitude. No surprise she's a Virgo. Haley, in another interview, commented being eliminated was a positive because it would enable her to speed up recording her album. I don't think she can. AI has contractual rights on the Top Ten, and they're not going to let her release an album before Scotty or Lauren. 19 Entertainment did pick up Alison Iraheta. Iovine might sign Haley. I believe the winner releases an album the first or second week in November.
Interesting that it was pouring rain in Wheeling and the same number number of people turned out for Haley (30,000) as they did for Scotty in the mild Garner, NC weather.
Haley mentioned she would also like to work with Corinne Bailey Rae in another interview.
I'm aggravated iTunes has changed the rules on individual purchases. Now, you have to buy all Top 4 and Top 3. I only want Haley.
Those aren't iTunes rules, they come from the owner. In fact, all of their restrictions, like videos, are imposed on them. Time to blame those that are responsible.

Haley's turnout was huge.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:11 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
Those aren't iTunes rules, they come from the owner. In fact, all of their restrictions, like videos, are imposed on them. Time to blame those that are responsible.

Haley's turnout was huge.
Thanks. Glad it's not Apple. The city of Wheeling spent A lot less on Haley's visit than did Garner for Scotty.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,861,129 times
1) Notice Scotty's nice house on a pleasant cul de sac? Not every star comes from humble beginnings
2) Do you think that Scotty will listen to JLo and cut his hair off?
3)Do you think Haley's mom looks like Roseann Barr?
4)Forget about your favorite for a minute. Who do you think will end up being the richest 5yrs from now?

Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,371,153 times
Good questions, gimme.

I dont think Scotty will cut his hair off before the finals. He may do it afterward but he's smart enough to realize that this is not the time for him to change anything.

Interesting question about who will be the richest 5 years from now. I think it will be Scotty. He'll have the $$$ that a successful singing career will bring. He seems to be a simple kinda guy, not one to blow $$$ and then have financial problems as have some previous winners. He also seems grounded and willing to listen to his parents, who also seem very grounded.

Lauren may also be down-to-earth but I dont think she currently has the earning power that Scotty does. She may have it, down the road, but I wonder.

And Haley...well, I just dont know. Talent alone isnt enough...you need maturity, flexibility, a "good head on your shoulders" and sometimes just dumb luck to succeed in the music industry. Look at Tamyra Gray (I remember the shock, both from the judges and the viewers, when she was voted off), Justin Guarini and Ryan Starr from the first season. Look at Bo Bice from Season 4 and Paris Bennett from Season 5. All of them were predicted to have great careers. They may be happy today but, if you ask are they rich (in terms of $$$), the answer is no.

Regarding Haley's mom... I had to go to the internet and check out photos. I didnt think there was a resemblance when I saw her on AI. In the still photos on the internet, I can see a slight resemblance but I think she's much more attractive than Roseanne Barr.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:11 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,263,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
1) Notice Scotty's nice house on a pleasant cul de sac? Not every star comes from humble beginnings
2) Do you think that Scotty will listen to JLo and cut his hair off?
3)Do you think Haley's mom looks like Roseann Barr?
4)Forget about your favorite for a minute. Who do you think will end up being the richest 5yrs from now?
A nice house here in NC is not that expensive. Believe me the difference between CA, NY and many other states housing costs are pretty dramatic! For NC Scotty's home is quite average.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,122,038 times
Quote:
Yes, that interview is one of the best I've read. Being around musicians and adults from an early age explains a lot about her confident attitude. No surprise she's a Virgo. Haley, in another interview, commented being eliminated was a positive because it would enable her to speed up recording her album. I don't think she can. AI has contractual rights on the Top Ten, and they're not going to let her release an album before Scotty or Lauren. 19 Entertainment did pick up Alison Iraheta. Iovine might sign Haley. I believe the winner releases an album the first or second week in November.
Interesting that it was pouring rain in Wheeling and the same number number of people turned out for Haley (30,000) as they did for Scotty in the mild Garner, NC weather.
Haley mentioned she would also like to work with Corinne Bailey Rae in another interview.
I'm aggravated iTunes has changed the rules on individual purchases. Now, you have to buy all Top 4 and Top 3. I only want Haley.
Weren't those "30,000"(that Hayley just HAD to brag about ) weren't they at a race track waiting for the races?

Haley can sing, and screech and growl but I think it's nice to see Lauren and Scotty out class her....in America it's too often the nasty jerks who win in any occupation...it's kinda fun to see two NICE people make it.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-21-2011 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: political
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV