Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 05:22 AM

738 posts, read 2,957,227 times

Advertisements

I thought last night's show was incredibly boring, one of the worst Idol finals I've seen. Both contestants have done much better songs throughout the season.

Although, I must admit that I'm still bitter at Haley and Casey getting voted out, so maybe I'm biased, haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 05:42 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
I didn't bother watching, I'll watch tonight in hopes of seeing Casey and Haley sing.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:30 AM

730 posts, read 2,054,107 times
I, being the one that was worried about Lauren & Scotty closing out the tour, had it coming to me last night as both of them really shut me up about the doubts last night with their performances. However, I gave this one to Lauren. Despite the fact that she was a little bit ill, Ms. Alaina really took risks vocally (especially in her 3rd song). That performance silenced me in my worry about her and Scotty having to close out the summer tour. Now I know that they are able to pull it off.

As for my voting, I voted for Lauren for overcoming the vocal odds and finally taking the vocal risks by hitting high notes.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:37 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Up until the very last song, I thought Scotty nailed it.
That was a great song and she did it perfectly.

Of course Lauren with get some sympathy, oh look how she over-came a voice strain, what a trooper, votes.

Why bring that up? I think if her voice would have given out then an explaination would have been waranted but before? I just thought that was strange.

I'll admit that I was not impressed with the women this year and of the final two women I though Haley was better.

Neither will be a superstar like Carrie Underwood, but both should do fine.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:40 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Dial idol has predicted the correct winner every season. Go to their website if u want to see who they have predicted as this years winner.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:10 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Can Idol producers try to give Lauren the title any better... first, they had a doctor come out to essentially give a disclaimer for Lauren i.e. sympathy vote. Next the 3rd song Scotty, was given, didn't do him any good. The lyrics and production value was just plain boring. No one could have made that song work. As for Lauren, they gave her a song with lyrics people could relate to, which then brought emotion out of her and her mom in the audience.

Tonight will be too hard for me to predict. Scotty is the more marketable talent. Yet, Lauren had the sympathy card pulled with the better "single" song. So who knows...

The one thing I hope for last night was that Lauren would be given a rock song, in one of the 3 performances. In the few she performed on the season, she did pretty well. It will be disappointing if she doesn't sing with Aerosmith tonight.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:25 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
I have found the judges pimping of Lauren all season nauseating. Last night it was just plain unbearable.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Honestly I personally think the judges should sit and listen and let us do the judging and critiquing for the last 10 contestants! They did their job so let us do ours! We surely don't need their guidance anymore. Not the slanted guidance they tend to offer anyhow. Come on guys--give us some credit for deciding who's music we would buy!!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:53 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
I thought last night's show was incredibly boring, one of the worst Idol finals I've seen. Both contestants have done much better songs throughout the season.

Although, I must admit that I'm still bitter at Haley and Casey getting voted out, so maybe I'm biased, haha.
IMO nothing beats the Clay/Reuben finale!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:56 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I have found the judges pimping of Lauren all season nauseating. Last night it was just plain unbearable.
reverse psychology IMO You wouldn't be the only one who felt Lauren was given the edge by the judges which might give Scotty votes. I don't care which one wins, both good, both deserving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV