Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 10:05 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
You know, every year I watch this show, I always come away with the very same thought:

Ryan Seacrest is very, very, VERY good at his job.

PS: Are Scotty and Lauren sweet on each other or just friends?
I was thinking exactly what you were thinking. Ryan does a great job every year, and what' up with Scotty and Lauren? I detected some crushing going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
It's starting in PHX. But I'll wait to send for a bit so I don't accidentally see the end.

Loved the opening. That was fun to see all the ladies and guys again. I sure hope someone takes Jacob under their wing and teaches him some of the ropes. He stuck his tongue out at the camera when he got a nice close up. Most entertainers would die for that little extra moment. He's really talented, but his immaturity is showing.

I'm so proud of James! That had to be the highlight of his life! He could be the new front man for Judas Priest. I think getting booted off early may have given him some extra time to do the thing he loves the most. He looked like he was in heaven!

Did not love the Casey/Jack Black thing. I thought they sounded off key. Maybe that's just me.

Smart marketing - bring out the other contestants for individual solos within a song. Those ladies were workin' it! Looked and sounded great! It's clear Beyonce worked with them... And smart for all of them -- Helps us remember how good they all are. My sense is they will all have contracts of some sort. Also makes ya wonder how Lauren is at the top. There were some beautiful voices in the chorus... Just sayin..

Haley was FANTASTIC. That is her niche. Can't help but think if Frank Sinatra was alive he would have taken her under his wing. She has a huge career in that genre. Good for her! What a great thing to be able to sing with Tony Bennett. Not a bad connection! I'm happy for her.

Scotty and Tim: What can I say? WOW. I have not been moved to download any of the songs so far this year. But I'll download that one. Do wish he'd put on a cowboy hat. Just love a man in a hat. Tim -- mmmmmmmMMMMmmmm baby.

Oh - that Jennifer dancing with her husband singing was amazing! WOW. Can she shake it! She totally deserves her diva status. Beautiful woman. Mark - What a fabulous voice. Great ending. They are so cute together.

And now I'm loving Stefano. He should have done THAT song... he wouldn't have been eliminated. Who knew? He's a Latin Prince.

Gaga has a great voice. Too bad she makes it about her weirdness. Powerful and clear.

And Beyonce... what a class act.

Speaking of a Class Act -- When in the history of AI has ANY winner shared the stage with every single other person involved? To those who don't like country or Scotty - you have to admit he is a gentleman and and amazing representation of what the country community is about. He hugged all his guests, all the contestants, the judges, Ryan... and ended with a thank you so much. Very mature for his age. It was a pleasure to watch him win.

~~~
It has been really fun watching with you all this season. Thanks for joining in on my thread.
And thanks for being great moderators, Beretta and SunnyKayak
Catch y'all around the village!
Be well,

And special thanks to Angeli and Poconoproud for the wonderful smileys they have shared with me over the years.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I loved Jack Black and Casey preforming together. That was fun and a highlight for me since I love them both. And Haley with Tony Bennett---how cool is that! I also enjoyed seeing Tom Jones. I had such a crush on him back in the 70s. It was also fun to see Carrie Underwood again. She sure has become a seasoned performer.

All and all it was a great show. The only part I didn't enjoy was Lady Gaga when she and the guy laid down and simulated sex. I thought that was totally inappropriate for show that draws in so many teen viewers and it was visually awkward.
I agree totally with you on that Lady G thing. I think those who agree should post that to the AI forum. It was completely inappropriate - considering the age of the voters, not to mention that now they've opened it up to 16 years old and above... She really doesn't need to do junk like that. She has the voice. Why all that? Gratuitous.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I agree totally with you on that Lady G thing. I think those who agree should post that to the AI forum. It was completely inappropriate - considering the age of the voters, not to mention that now they've opened it up to 16 years old and above... She really doesn't need to do junk like that. She has the voice. Why all that? Gratuitous.

I agree.

There is no place for this on AI or during prime time like this knowing all the younger kids who watch this show.

My 11 year old was watching and it was enough for me to send her out of the room when the freak started with her freak show.

Beyonces song 1 + 1 was also over the top knowing the age of the kids watching this show.

Congrats to Scotty, well raised, very mature young man who handled this all great for his age. His parents raised a good kid!

Seeing him with Tim McGraw made my night. That was awesome!

Now for patting myself on the back some.

I picked 3 of the top 5 out of the top 24 and did not have Scotty going this far because I did not think the voters would give him a chance being so country.

If I remember correctly I picked James, Casey, Lauren and had Haley as my sleeper as she came on stronger then anyone the last 5 weeks or so.

Still liked James and picked Lauren as a sleeper so overall considering how touchy the voters were this year I will take Scotty winning it any day as he is a good kid and has a bright future ahead of him.

AI needs to shut down the sexual stuff from this show if they want to get the younger crowd watching and I have heard nothing but other parents complaining about the sexual content. The freak Gaga tonight was a perfect example of why this needs to be stopped.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:54 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I did post, on the AI finale webpage, about my feelings regarding Gaga's explicit performance. I dont expect it to make much difference because AI is all about $$$ -- and Gaga delivers that.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:55 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Quote:
And Beyonce... what a class act.

Speaking of a Class Act -- When in the history of AI has ANY winner shared the stage with every single other person involved? To those who don't like country or Scotty - you have to admit he is a gentleman and and amazing representation of what the country community is about. He hugged all his guests, all the contestants, the judges, Ryan... and ended with a thank you so much. Very mature for his age. It was a pleasure to watch him win.

That's exactly what I thought too when I saw him go hug his dad and all those people--until I think someone kind of 'directed' him back on to the stage, then hugging all the contestants, I just thought, what class. What a nice kid.

And it was very cool of Beyonce to have the girls singing with her, that boosted my opinion of her even more. Still remember the music awards with Kanye West and her giving up her award speech time to let Taylor Swift speak.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Add Steven Tyler "Cougar" remarks he made to every young lady from auditions to even last night giving his opinion. i think he talk more on way Lauren look than way she sang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I agree.

There is no place for this on AI or during prime time like this knowing all the younger kids who watch this show.

My 11 year old was watching and it was enough for me to send her out of the room when the freak started with her freak show.

Beyonces song 1 + 1 was also over the top knowing the age of the kids watching this show.

Congrats to Scotty, well raised, very mature young man who handled this all great for his age. His parents raised a good kid!

Seeing him with Tim McGraw made my night. That was awesome!

Now for patting myself on the back some.

I picked 3 of the top 5 out of the top 24 and did not have Scotty going this far because I did not think the voters would give him a chance being so country.

If I remember correctly I picked James, Casey, Lauren and had Haley as my sleeper as she came on stronger then anyone the last 5 weeks or so.

Still liked James and picked Lauren as a sleeper so overall considering how touchy the voters were this year I will take Scotty winning it any day as he is a good kid and has a bright future ahead of him.

AI needs to shut down the sexual stuff from this show if they want to get the younger crowd watching and I have heard nothing but other parents complaining about the sexual content. The freak Gaga tonight was a perfect example of why this needs to be stopped.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:55 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Add Steven Tyler "Cougar" remarks he made to every young lady from auditions to even last night giving his opinion. i think he talk more on way Lauren look than way she sang.

I agree, he has went too far with his mouth and his watching all the girls as they walked around the set was not classy at all.

Great to see some music backgrounds as judges but if it were me I would not have him back next year because of his mouth and the words spoken to the girls, especially the much younger ones.

They need to clean the show up in my opinion.

They put on a heck of a show tonight to only ruin it with Gaga and Beyonce when they both could have picked better songs then the raunchy ones they sang.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:27 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Boy! Do I agree and I'm certainly no prude but sheesh KIDS are watching this....

But Gaga wasn't that far from Beyonce or Jlo any other of those Glorified Pole Dancers.....at least she can sing...so SHE shouldn't need the over-the-top sex stuff..

Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
If I'd been online last night, this is what I would have posted:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV