Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I read that Casey has ulcerative colitis. Why does he keep on getting blood transfusions. I don't know much about this. Is this pretty serious?
Yes - and he's awfully young to be suffering from it. Ulcerative colitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 10:56 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

Lets face facts here. This show is not about musical talent it's about personality and good looks. While I enjoy the show I have only one album by any of the contestants that have ever been on the show. I have Crystal Bowersox's new album. Which is very good. I also thought that Chris Daughtry had some outstanding performances on the show. But over all this show manufactures "milktoast" when it comes to recording artists. This show is about TV ratings and commercials not music.
Tell that to Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Adam Lambert.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post

Yes - and he's awfully young to be suffering from it. Ulcerative colitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Actually, he's right within the age range of typical onset.
"Ulcerative colitis can happen at any age, but it usually starts between the ages of 15 and 30."

Ulcerative Colitis: MedlinePlus

Old 03-13-2011, 08:14 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Tell that to Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Adam Lambert.

No argument about those artist popularity. I'm sure other than Underwood that 19 entertainment hoped for bigger record sales out of the other contestants.

You my think those three are talented musicians but that is where we'll just have to disagree. They're OK singers but that's about it. The fact is that most of their music is written for them by others. Have you listened to the lyrics from some of their songs? It's what I would except to hear from a 14 year old song writer.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:28 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,099,803 times
I was really disappointed that Kendra and Brett didn't make it to the Finals, I would rather have them in the Finals over Stefano and Ashthon, my favorites are Pia, Lauren A, James, Casey and Scotty

Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Default Stupid American Idol Questions

OK, some of these may be dumb questions, but inquiring minds want to know:

1) Is all of that J. Lo's hair?
2) Why doesn't Steven Tyler use conditioner?
3) What do those rings mean that James pointed to? Gay? Christian? I couldn't figure it out.
4) Why doesn't Scotty wear a cowboy hat? He would look way cooler. (Dude can sing though...but Travis Tritt? Seriously?)
5) Why do girls every year have to sing Whitney?
6) Who the heck is styling the girls this year? Ugh.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
I keep trying to vote but all circuits are busy
BOO

Old 03-16-2011, 08:15 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,880 times
This week

The PLEASE GO HOME crowd
Niema - sigh, I expected better but she's all over the place
Paul - gettin' by on his looks and smile can't sing worth spit
These two can't carry a tune

The Meh Crowd
Thia - too young should have waited a couple of years
Karen - needs work but could do ok
Pia - can carry a tune and has looks but just seems so boooorrriing, my fear is she'll win it because of her looks I see her on the cruise ship crowd or lounge singer
These 3 can at least carry a tune but they are just too Pageanty for me

The OK Crowd
Stefano - Much better
Lauren - Much better
Haley - Still my fave female singer but needs to start singing the bluesy stuff then she'll go far
Jacob- Way outside his comfort zone and just didn't do it for me

The BEST of the rest crowd
Casey - I'm so not a Nirvana fan, but I'm a big Casey fan, he's such a talented singer and musician
James - Still good, reined it in just a bit too much but still was rockin' it, I just hope he hasn't peaked too soon
Scotty- Will be the next big thing in C&W music - what a voice and his personality is coming out - I'll bet there's some agents drooling right about now
These top 3 bring a lot to the table with talent each in their own way, my only concern is none of them really fit the "Idol Mold" and I hope they at least get to the top 5 and all get to go on tour - they deserve it.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:19 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
OK, some of these may be dumb questions, but inquiring minds want to know:

1) Is all of that J. Lo's hair?
2) Why doesn't Steven Tyler use conditioner?
3) What do those rings mean that James pointed to? Gay? Christian? I couldn't figure it out.
4) Why doesn't Scotty wear a cowboy hat? He would look way cooler. (Dude can sing though...but Travis Tritt? Seriously?)
5) Why do girls every year have to sing Whitney?
6) Who the heck is styling the girls this year? Ugh.
1 - nope but when your a gazillionair does it matter
2 - I doubt he cares
3 - He's married
4 - Hides the face on stage and with that voice he doesn't need to anounce he's country...LOL
5 - God only knows
6 - Ask Ryan

Old 03-16-2011, 08:24 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
Why I think Thia will make it very close to the top... look who she looks like: Miley Cyrus. The face shape, the way she sings. She's an Asian Miley with a better attitude. I do agree that if she waited a year or two her voice would mature more. She has a sweet but not strong voice. But bravo for her to make it this far at her age. 1995!! Yikes! I have cowboy boots older than her... LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV