Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times

Advertisements

Did I miss something tonight?

I thought this was rock and roll night?

No rock and roll at all to me.

No one stepped up at the best tonight for me.

Not one of them really stood out at all.

My original favs James, Lauren and Casey will still be there next week and my sleeper Haley did well also but not of them hit a home run.

Tossed on who should go home.

Jacob- Man is the mirror is NO ROCK song.

Paul- Please let him go home, unique but that scratchy voice can only sing one type of a song and that is it.

Pia - Best overall voice other then James and will get another shot.

Stefano - Might have done well enough to save himself for another week.

Scotty - Safe this week, did well enough to stay.

Tough this week but I am putting Jacob, Stefano and Paul at the bottom.

My movers are

UP- Haley - Great choice of songs and has stepped it up to show off her talent. Needs some coaching on the stage. My sleeper.

DOWN - Lauren - Poor choice of songs is hurting her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Paul -- Now this is where he belongs. Enough with the Rod Stewart clone wannabe. There is only one Rod Stewart and Paul will never be it. But this? Totally his niche. Nailed. It. Totally had me entertained. WTG!

Lauren -- Sorry Randy, you're wrong. Until tonight Kelly Clarkson owned that song on American Idol. Now she has to share it with Lauren. A-MA-ZING!

James -- He did what David Cook and Adam Lambert did in their seasons, and sang a beautiful ballad that showed they could carry a tune and not just scream a song, at exactly the right time. Exquisite. Heartfelt. Stunning.

Casey -- Love him with his bass. He did this song justice. But he gave off kind of a creepy vibe tonight somehow. I can't explain it, but he had kind of an "ew" thing going on.

Stefano -- He sang well and did a great job overall, but I hate when the contestants don't take the advice of the professionals. Sorry Jennifer and Steven, Randy was the one who was right this time. It's like it was a race to the finish.

Haley, Jacob & Scotty were all equally bad. Haley, Haley, Haley. ::shakes head:: First of all, never do Janice, even if your voice is compared to her. And if you are going to do Janice, you have to understand Janice and clearly you do not. Janice = angst /= smiley happy. Especially with that song. I am so over Jacob. Scotty left country behind? By whose ears? He's good at his genre. He'll have a great career. He's not an "American Idol".

Pia
went for a casual stroll at a turtle's pace singing River Deep Mountain High? B-O-R-I-N-G! Send her home, America. Please, I beg you.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Pia, sorry baby but you might only resemble Tina after a night of Ike's spousal abuse.
Ouch!

Old 04-07-2011, 04:54 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
Crap.....The show last night was total unmitigated crap!! Rock & Roll? PLEASE!!!!

SEND THEM ALL HOME!!! Bring back Star Search.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:47 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
LOVED Casey, he killed it, he is just adorable, I am so tired of the boring pretty boys, he is still my favorite. James amazing as well. Scotty was fun Elvis is my favorite and you didn't butcher it, actually enjoyed this Paul performance. Lauren is so sweet and has amazing skill. Haley rocked Janis.

Pia, man can she put me to sleep. Stefano, same thing BORING. Jacob....... well Jacob, I have no problem looking in the mirror, and I can say that I didn't like your song, it sucked.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:55 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
Jacob rocked last night

Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I think the women made the mistake of trying to have a "look"...exactly the same...awful, the hairdosand clothes..yuck....the men all looked DIFFERENT...good for them!

Pia lost me with her borrrrring singing...she has a great body , why not show it off and quit walking around like A Miss America contestant!

Lauren is so cute ( without the crap makeup) and can sing...but she didn't.

Hayley screams...and imitates Joplin...OUT!

Casey is still my favorite...but I have a weakness for cuddly bears with TALENT!

Paul and Stefano finally got my attention...loved both performances.

It was the best Tv I've seen in years!!!

James and Scotty...super hot...!!!
I know, what is it about him? He just has this sweet cooky demeanor. He is endearing I think. He is my favorite and the amount of talent he has is astounding.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:19 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,478 times
WOW...just WOW. In my opinion, based on last night's performances, NO ONE deserves to go home. They all brought it and gave it their all. All amazing. Best show to date. My top two were James and Haley. But they all were just awesome.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I know, what is it about him? He just has this sweet cooky demeanor. He is endearing I think. He is my favorite and the amount of talent he has is astounding.
"sweet cooky demeanor"....yup, and then he sings that bluesy, sexy growly stuff....he's the one I could listen to ...and listen to....but he won't win...he's not "commercial"(?), mainstream(?), glossy(?) enough???

But he's the most all around talented...

And Scotty...hard to believe that he's 17 ???

I love the way BOTH of them refuse to change their styles or looks.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:26 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
WOW...just WOW. In my opinion, based on last night's performances, NO ONE deserves to go home. They all brought it and gave it their all. All amazing. Best show to date. My top two were James and Haley. But they all were just awesome.

Agreed. Best show of the season so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV