Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I agree. Not one of those judges thought about how their dramatic reactions were affecting the other contestants.
Ya, I agree, I don't think they knew how insulting to Stephano and Jacob they were by acting so shocked over Pia... at least Stephano and Jacob are alive and can move.......it's a shame Pia can't move that beautiful body...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
I think it's wrong to compare Pia to the Tina Turner, even if she is singing a Tina Turner song. How many singers do compare to Tina? No one. Was anyone supposed to compare to elton john last week?

I listened to Pia from another room and she sang really good last night.

The bottom line is, it is the voters who call the shots, and we already know the voters are not 50 year old people who know elton, Tina, the Beatles, or even Iggy Pop.

Do any of these kids nowadays have any idea who Iggy Pop is? I don't think so. Maybe one or two. I kind of laughed when they announced it was Iggy. I can imagine all the confused looks and contorted faces of viewers.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I also thought the entertainment tonight was bad, really bad. Can't Idol find someone better to perform on elimination night? Geez save a couple of the contestants as soon as the show starts then let them entertain us.
Being old, I had never seen Iggy whatever and will never see "it" again....he never would've made it to my "finals"...how AWFUL! And some made fun of how Paul moved??? That freak Iggy was ....freaky! Yuck!...and KEEP THE SHIRT ON! IckyPopTart!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, I agree, I don't think they knew how insulting to Stephano and Jacob they were by acting so shocked over Pia... at least Stephano and Jacob are alive and can move.......it's a shame Pia can't move that beautiful body...
Not only that, but imagine how Casey feels knowing they used the save on him but then they're freaking out because Pia is gone.

In the end, I still think they used the save on the right person, Casey has more creativity in one of his performances (even the Nirvana one) than Pia has had in ALL of her performances.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:00 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,871,538 times
Best. Results. Show. Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Do any of these kids nowadays have any idea who Iggy Pop is? I don't think so. Maybe one or two. I kind of laughed when they announced it was Iggy. I can imagine all the confused looks and contorted faces of viewers.
I didn't know Iggy Pop was still alive. I was so surprised when they said he was going to be on the show.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:21 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
  1. Diana DeGarmo starred on Broadway in Hair and is originating the role of Doralee in a national tour of 9 to 5.
  2. Jordin Sparks (W) performed for President Barack Obama at his Inaugural Ball. Is currently in the studio working with John Legend.
  3. Elliott Yamin has a new album being released this year.
  4. Justin Guarini just closed a run in the Broadway production of Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.
  5. Frenchie Davis has spent the last several years touring with various stage productions, including Rent, Dreamgirls and Cinderella.
  6. Katharine McPhee has recorded and toured with Andrea Bocelli and released a Christmas album this past year that debuted at #11 on Billboard's Top Holiday Albums list.
  7. David Cook has a new album set to release soon, the first single from which will debut April 19th, and American Idol is using his song as the Official Sendoff Song for this year's booted contestants.
  8. Crystal Bowersox just released her debut album this past December, let's give her some time before we write her off as having not "moved up".
  9. Kris Allen has been touring with people like Maroon 5, Daughtry and Lifehouse.
  10. Ace Young played Kenickie in Grease on Broadway in 2009, played Danny in the touring company, and starred as Berger in the Broadway revival of Hair until it closed last summer.
  11. Danny Gokey has his 2nd album set to release shortly and will be opening for Taylor Swift on her "Speak Now" world tour.
Thanks for that! I was going to look it all up and you saved me. Have to spread the reps around before I can rep you again. but i tried!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:23 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,871,538 times
1- Is Iggy Pop around 80 yo now? Is he still using drugs?

2-An "Idol" must charm the audience, and endear him or herself to the audience. Pia couldn't do that.

3-Why were JLo and Randy taking it so personally?

4- Lauren generally looks very tense. Is this becoming too much for her? She used to be sassy, and she seems to have lost that...except for when we heard her say, "they scared the crap outta me." That was good TV. She forgot about the mic

5- Jacob was full of baloney when he asked about the TMZ woman being single or not. Come on! He is better off embracing his sexuality or not saying a word.

6- Scotty's looks are growing on me. He's a cutie.

7-James will be the next idol.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:28 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Spoiler
I told my husband this morning that Pia reminded me of a player piano. She could hit the exact note at the exact time, but to me she lacks the human element just like the player piano. I guess many many people think similarly.
Oh - that's good. Yeah - she's like that woman on the TV show "Bones" - or like that old TV show where the woman was a robot. Remember that? She was stunning, but had this Spock thing going with her emotions. I think that's the bottom line. She has not accessed her emotional component and people feel it. I hope the AI experience helps her find that.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I agree with you about the judges. It seemed overdone to me. But they really seem to be holding back on criticism this year.

They told her to pick it up and she didn't IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I agree. Not one of those judges thought about how their dramatic reactions were affecting the other contestants.
I think the judges could have shown some restraint and have been a little more professional. Seriously, let's think about Jacob and Stefano who were also in the bottom three. Think how they must feel everytime they face one of the judges. I'm thinking Jacob is close to leaving. Stefano seems to be getting alot of tween/teens votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
They ALL have good voices and talent...but stage presence/personality/excitement/ability to MOVE..all those are important,too....
I agree! Pia stood there like she was singing in some rigid church that frowns on showing emotion. If I closed my eyes and listened to her, she's quite good. Stage presentation really makes or breaks the performer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV