U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-29-2011, 07:12 AM

19,119 posts, read 13,845,098 times

Advertisements

I kinda had an idea Casey would go but he did do a great exit. Very entertaining fellow but he needs to work on parts of his singing--growling and grunting a little to much for me.
I expect the next to go will be Jacob. Just can't be diverse enough to sell his music. He's strictly one kind of singer.
James is my winner. I love and back Scotty cause I love country and he's my home town guy but James is the most talented person on that stage. He amazes me every week. I love his strength not only in his music but in his life. He is going far with his music!!
I don't really think Haley has a smirk, my opinion, it is the way she smiles. Can't change a persons looks. It is what it is! Besides we aren't voting on looks--well, we aren't suppose to be! The girl can sing! They want her to find herself--well they tell them which songs to sing--well, pick from certain groups--how can you be yourself when they do that? Sometimes it falls into the kind of music you do and sometimes it doesn't. Now James can change it up to fit him but others have a harder time doing that.
Lauren is a sweetheart--so young and so talented. I would worry about her being so young getting into the music industry at this age---she seems so trusting and honest, vulnerable--a real person. She definately has a future with music just don't see her beating James on this one! I have to say when she sent out her sincere concern for those who were in these tornados she made many points with me. You could see her worry and care. Nice to see!
Scotty, ah, ya gotta love Scotty. So young and so darn talented. He will do just fine in the Country Western music field. That's what he loves and wants to do! I loved his Elves--wish he could do more songs like that. He is quite the entertainer too. So he hold his mike different--it makes him an individual. Doesn't bother me. I'm not here to pick any of these kids apart but to hear and see their talent and I think we have 6 very talented young people left. As far as anyone being an "item"? I'd be suprised if they don't have some intimate feelings towards each other---they've been living together now for how long? You'd end up hating each other or getting pretty close!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 07:19 AM

21,001 posts, read 12,162,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
More random thoughts-

Did anyone else expect Casey to French kiss Haley at the end? I was disappointed

Why did Jlo and Jimmy say that Haley had the best voice in the contest? Weird.

I now realize who Jacob was dressed like last night: Herkel

Do you think James ate up Casey's votes?

Watching Lauren's worried expression every Thurs. night stresses me out.

Steven was dressed like a 1970's pimp tonight.
I think the judges said Haley had ONE of the best voices ...well, all the contestants have ONE of the best voices...I noticed that the judges "damn (Haley) with faint praise"...GOOD!

She can't sing and when she performs it always sounds like she's singing 3 or 4 different songs, screaming, then sweet stuff, then growling (she growls more than Casey ever did) then she screams, then something else...Jimmy was right , she doesn't know what she wants to sing ....and she is SO awkward on stage, every move, what there is, is mechanical, not real.... She canNOT sing...and the "biIch factor" is obviously very close to the surface.

Casey, while being light years above Hayley in talent is not mainstream Idol material, his music and style are way too sophisticated...

Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 AM

1,428 posts, read 561,176 times
Good opinions. Haley does have the talent, if she can ever focus it. James is clearly the Adam Lambert on the stage. But Adam lost out. At least this year we don't have a Lee or Chris that makes people go What! I almost hope James doesn't win, so he can do his own thing without being controlled by the album in a week crowd.

IMO, the two very best are James and Lauren. I think she's astounding, a notch or two above. I cringe with Jacob up there, but at least he can do the ranges and belt it out. A far cry from that Tim ? that was on there embarrassing the show every week last year.

James
Lauren
Scotty
Haley

In that order.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:15 AM

3,857 posts, read 5,190,741 times
Well my favorite is gone. I was hoping that it would be Scotty but I kinda knew that Casey was going home. At any rate, Casey will be fine and I will still get his album.

I'm hoping to see Jacob or Scotty go home next.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 AM

17,794 posts, read 15,203,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I have to agree with Mike on this one---that is the good thing about this forum--we can agree to disagree. I had to laugh, I can play musical instruments--I read the music but I cannot for the life of me sing. I love to sing but nobody around me loves to hear me!
All the training in the world isn't going to change that!
That may be, but as both an instrumentalist and a singer, I don't really give the argument that only those who play instruments display musicianship, and that vocalists for some reason aren't musicians much credit. I think the assumption by some is that playing an instrument is a rare skill, but anybody can sing. Not really true, though, as your post points out. Anybody can make noise, be it with one's voice or a non-vocal instrument. But being a musician with either (or both, like Casey) is different than, "I open my mouth, and sound comes out," or "I draw a bow across the strings, and sound is the result," obviously.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM

3,667 posts, read 5,258,560 times
I was disappointed to see Casey go home, I guess his sound is to sophisticated for all the teenage voters. I would have liked to see Jacob or Scotty go home, I am not a country fan at all so Scotty does nothing for me. Sure hope James can pull it out to the end, but I was telling my husband the other night I wouldn't be surprised to see a female win it, the last female to win was Jordan Sparks, so it is probably time for a female to take the title, not that I think either Haley or Lauren should win it but then again I didn't think Jacob should have stayed over Casey.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM

2,977 posts, read 2,862,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Also, I am sure this has already been posted, but are all critiques positive, and no negatives ones??? Where is Simon when you need him. I don't think the judges would give a bad critique if I sung, and I can't sing!!! :-)
I've been singing that song all season long... Jen is great to look at and Steven was funny before everyone was "Just Beautiful". Even Randy Jackson turned back into Randy Jackson... Yikes..

Old 04-29-2011, 09:31 AM

2,987 posts, read 4,785,340 times
The right person went home yesterday but thought it was between him and Jacob. Couldn't stand Casey's grouling. I think he has a big career behind the scenes as a songwriter and or a producer. Just can't see him selling any albums (the real money is made off camera). Casey is too similar to Taylor Hicks who is a forgotten idol winner that has a better voice IMO than Casey but hasn't gone anywhere with his career. So hopefully Casey will not be delusion and attempt to make a record.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:48 AM

452 posts, read 455,077 times
It is hard to imagine Jacob had more supporters than Casey. Who is voting for Jacob? Is it the African American vote? Are there that many people who like gospel styled high octave singing?

I said before that Casey can't win because his preference for Jazz just won't work for Idol voters. But he is amazingly talented as a singer, musician, and performer. I think he has the potential to energize the jazz market like no one in recent history.

I think James is the clear favorite and can be beaten only by Lauren or Scotty. And of those two, Lauren is probably more talented because she is more effective when not singing country. But one of those two could beat James because when one of the country kids loses, their voters could be stronger than James' fans.

Haley is nowhere near good enough to be a success after the show. Her singing is erratic, she isn't awesome looking, and I still don't know what kind of music she really likes.

James continues to impress me. I'm not a metal fan and would not buy any of his music if it were metal. I was shocked how good he was on a Carole King song.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,131,189 times
So WRONG WRONG WRONG, I am done, last season for me. Husband already deleted the future recording on the DVR. To Have Jacob stay and Casey go was just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV