Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM

869 posts, read 1,124,190 times

Advertisements

haley is the best one but i cant see people voting her to the top, shes just not likeable imo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times
That dress did no favors to Lauren's butt and hips but her waist did look tiny in it. She was dressed like a pageant girl tonight. I would love to see her come out in jeans and no makeup and with her hair not so big. Let her just be a teen.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
I think it will be a showdown between Scotty and James.

I think so, too. Our little city of Santa Cruz is already planning what they will be doing when James is in the final three. (You know, how they celebrate the three winners' hometowns?) They have a whole event for the Boardwalk in front of the ocean ready-to-go.

He is so well-liked here. Everyone feels as if he is part of their own family.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-04-2011 at 10:13 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,774,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
OOOHHHKAYYY First, I'm soooo missing Casey and would have loved to see what he'd done tonight.

Jacob 1st song; awful - why is he still here, 2nd song; better but not by much
Lauren 1st song; meh - predictable, 2nd song; abosolutly ruined an iconic song, I just can't get past her appearance, she dresses like her grannie, big hair, too much make up, just reminds me of a Tammy Faye wanna be

Scotty 1st song; really enjoyed this one, showed his personality and he can really sell the song, 2nd song; good job

James 1st song; good contemporary and enjoyed something more modern from someone so young, 2nd song; beautiful voice, brought tears to my eyes.

Haley 1st song; rocked it BIG TIME but like the judges I didn't think it was a good song choice 2nd song; WOW JUST WOW, gave me chills, breathed new life into one of my all time fav songs...Standing O from the judges and best performance of the night

The top 3 are Scotty, James and Haley, with Haley really bringin' down the house with her rendition of House of the Rising Sun. With Casey gone it's well hard to get too excited. However, Jacob should be the one going home, too many clinkers in both of his songs and he's be inconsistant through out the competition.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Miss Casey and LOVED Haley!! Jacob has got to go!!

Old 05-04-2011, 09:09 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
I enjoyed the first song of James and the second one did get to me emotionally even though his singing wasn't spot on.
This is one night that Jacob just hurt my ears with his singing. ouch.
I loved Scotty's first song and enjoyed the second, but not as much as the judges appeared to enjoy.
I also loved Lauren's first song but not so much the second.
I wasn't fond of Haley's first song but thought she rocked the second.

I think this week will be Jacob going home because I think Casey's voters will split between Haley and James and I think Scotty and Lauren are already secure in their top spots. That leaves Jacob out in the cold....except that he is now the pick for the Vote for the Worst website that might boost him some.

If it's not Jacob, then I bet it will be Haley.

I expect the final 3 to be Lauren, Scotty and James, which is actually what I said to my hubby after they got to the top 11. Of course we know anything could happen....but this season just reminds me of the Clay/Ruben/Kimberly season and there is no good reason it should. lol

I also expect that Scotty will win, continuing with the shut down of rockers that Idol has experienced in the past and maybe in part due to getting Lauren's country votes.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:24 PM

265 posts, read 813,720 times
I like Haleys singing and I doubt if she's really arrogant. All the contestants are under a considerable amount of pressure, and may react differently. It must be difficult to stand up there and receive a not so great critique, and Haley may have been disappointed. However, she came back to give an outstanding 2nd performance.
She sang one of my all time favorite songs and she nailed it!
I loved Scotty singing "She's Gone" as thats one of my favorite country tunes. I think he did well with both performances.
Haley and Scotty were my picks tonight. I think we should bid farewell to Jacob.

Last edited by Southernkomfort27; 05-04-2011 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Scotty, Scotty, Scotty....

FINALLY!

That was great.

(And much better on holding the mic).

Old 05-04-2011, 09:53 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I think Jacob is going home. Frankly, I don't know how he has lasted this long.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:07 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Scotty, Scotty, Scotty....

FINALLY!

That was great.

(And much better on holding the mic).
A bit of trivia. I read on another forum that Mark Bolan T. Rex lead held the mike like Scotty.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:12 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernkomfort27 View Post
I like Haleys singing and I doubt if she's really arrogant. All the contestants are under a considerable amount of pressure, and may react differently. It must be difficult to stand up there and receive a not so great critique, and Haley may have been disappointed. However, she came back to give an outstanding 2nd performance.
She sang one of my all time favorite songs and she nailed it!
I loved Scotty singing "She's Gone" as thats one of my favorite country tunes. I think he did well with both performances.
Haley and Scotty were my picks tonight. I think we should bid farewell to Jacob.
Yes definitely one of my faves as well! Same with Scotty's second song choice. The Haley/Joss Stone comparison rang a bell for me. I don't get all the comments on the attitude either, but I guess it's something like how I find Casey a geek and others love him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV