Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Thanks for posting this info. A PP commented that young people are the ones who purchased CD's. Not so. Youngsters purchase individual songs, not entire CD's. I just read this article which supports your post. I wouldn't purchase either of these but it's a good example. The whole article is pretty good. I think Esperanza Spalding is doing pretty good.
The earnings for the top acts are for dollars earned from tour dates, not record sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Default Rumor has it...

that Haley's other song selections will be:

Spoiler
Fleetwood Mac: Rhianon (not a personal favorite but good) and Led Zeppelin's: What is and What Shall Never Be (pretty kick azz
)

Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

YouTube - Haley Reinhart - Piece Of My Heart (Studio Version)

Granted she needs a better band, but if you can handle spinning out Joplin with gusto and ease there's something special there without a doubt!!!

I think either way it goes Steven will put in good words for Haley. Janis was his inspiration
I wasn't all that crazy about Haley until I heard this. You don't have to like her or how she acts on stage to appreciate her talent. I'm a country fan... and I like little Scotty. But I think Haley's got something special. I heard Janis in concert in the summer of 1970. When Janis sang you felt shivers down your back. I felt that just a bit with Haley. With professional help and a dose of maturity, she could pull off a really great career.

In this ITunes generation, does what they look like on stage matter? Attitude will only matter to the people who have to work with her as producers or techs. If she can sing and sell songs, she's golden.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Everyone was so disappointed here in Santa Cruz that James did not make the top three that somehow the producers made an exception and our town WILL be featured on the show after all. Tomorrow will be James Durbin Day here (it had been cancelled) after all. American Idol will feature the top four on the highlight show . So be sure to watch for this next Wednesday or whenever they have it .

I am not sure why they decided to do this. Maybe they read all of our comments here on city-data . LOL.
Nancy - I'm really happy to hear that. Thanks for letting us know. Tried to Rep you. I hope you get to be a part of the celebration. He looks happy in the pics about his upcoming wedding. Very cool.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:32 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Hey, the more the merrier! I wish the top 10 could have had their towns and fans recognized but I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Fill in the blanks:

If Haley won it would be:

If Lauren won it would be:

If Scotty won it would be:

Old 05-18-2011, 08:09 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Fill in the blanks:

If Haley won it would be: a good poke in the eye for the judges.

If Scotty won it would be: hilarious.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
If Haley won it would be:

If Scotty won it would be:

Old 05-18-2011, 08:19 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
If Haley won it would be: Accurate. Haley has the most talent here and wont get the free pass for playing it safe that the others would. For Haley to win she'll need perfect song choices and flawless performances.

If Lauren won it would be: She did not play it safe and hit it out of the park.

If Scotty won it would be: A wasted shame. Scotty is not Pop-Artist material and it would be a waste for him to pursue it. Get on to Nashville as soon as the idol tour is done.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post

If Scotty won it would be: A wasted shame. Scotty is not Pop-Artist material and it would be a waste for him to pursue it. Get on to Nashville as soon as the idol tour is done.
AI isnt a pop idol contest nor is it a waste if a country singer wins.
Carrie Underwood probably one of top income earners from winning AI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV