Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I just read that Amber Riley who plays Mercedes on Glee was rejected by the producers of AI. Go figure.
You can add Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum and Colbie Caillat to that list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 01:09 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,769,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Glad Scotty won. He will be performing on Jay Leno Thursday night.
Sorry about this info. They changed the guest lineup at last minute and had Lauren on instead. She was funny and entertaining when talking with Leno. I guess Scotty had to many other thing he had to do and could not make it but will probably be on at a later date.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Sorry about this info. I guess Scotty had to many other thing he had to do and could not make it but will probably be on at a later date.
No prob, BiggMann. I appreciated your heads-up on it and will look forward to seeing him when he does appear. Right now I'm looking forward to seeing Scott on Regis/Kelly on May 31 (and Lauren on June 1 and Haley on June 2).

Old 05-27-2011, 07:07 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,417 times
You know - about the rejected on shows thing? I'm on stage all the time and I have good and a few bad days. As I have matured and gotten experience, i have fewer bad days. But it's very possible those people were just not at their best when they tried out for different things. And if Hillary Scott or Amber had won, or if Lauren had gotten on the other show, who knows what path they'd be on now? Even though I believe we have some say in our paths, I still believe there's a greater mystery at work and we end up where we are supposed to end up. If Lauren had been on America's got talent, she would have been gobbled up. Hillary Scott has a great voice -- and a better voice WITH her partners on Lady Antebellum. So ... who knows...

Eh, too much philosophizing for a Friday afternoon on a 3 day weekend...

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.
Remember those loved ones who went before you, and say prayers for our Military. If you see anyone in a uniform, take the time to walk up to them and shake their hand. I say thank you to every Vet I meet.

God Bless America!

Old 05-29-2011, 02:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
You know - about the rejected on shows thing? I'm on stage all the time and I have good and a few bad days. As I have matured and gotten experience, i have fewer bad days. But it's very possible those people were just not at their best when they tried out for different things.
Or that judging can be arbitrary, done on whims, and varies considerably depending on everything from what the person's attire or hairstyle was, to if the judges were cranky or hungry.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:17 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Or that judging can be arbitrary, done on whims, and varies considerably depending on everything from what the person's attire or hairstyle was, to if the judges were cranky or hungry.
LOL - good point.
or if it was Tuesday and it was raining. Or they ran over a trike on the way to work. Or their latte didn't have enough creme in it!

One guy gave me a REALLY hard time. My ex knew him, so at the break I called my ex and asked what the heck is this guy's problem? Classic answer: "Oh - you look like his Ex-wife!" So I went up to the guy, tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I'm not your ex wife..." He lightened up after that. So it could be even that dumb! Makes me wanna start drinkin'

Ahhh, Life turns on a dime...

Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,937 times
True story I was in Chattanoga Tennesse visiting. I was hanging with family downstairs in the lobby with family and friends when a girl walks in with police officers. I thought nothing of it I just thought some girl had called the police. Then someone I was with said that is the girl from American Idol. I did not know who she was because I had not been watching American Idol. She left the lobby going toward the elevators and as she was someone in my group took her picture. She turned around and waved and then left. That is my story about Lauren Alaina.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
True story I was in Chattanoga Tennesse visiting. I was hanging with family downstairs in the lobby with family and friends when a girl walks in with police officers. I thought nothing of it I just thought some girl had called the police. Then someone I was with said that is the girl from American Idol. I did not know who she was because I had not been watching American Idol. She left the lobby going toward the elevators and as she was someone in my group took her picture. She turned around and waved and then left. That is my story about Lauren Alaina.
Cool!! So, give us the dirt. Was she tall? She looks tall. Was she heavy or normal weight? TV adds 10 lbs. Did she have star quality or look like a regular teen?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:27 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,471 times
We should start a thread on celebrities we have seen. They are certainly different up close. Chris Daughtry was in Panera with his 2 kids about 18 mos ago. He stood in line in front of me. Had no clue til he sat down and the server said something. He is 5'6" tops very pale but a doting father for sure. He seemed very present for his step kids who obviously had been playing/practice soccer because they had the gear on. No one approached him for an autograph so I didn't. He is seen around Greensboro here & there a fews times a year. Stood next to Tom Cruise in NYC..another story..

Old 05-31-2011, 04:45 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Cool!! So, give us the dirt. Was she tall? She looks tall. Was she heavy or normal weight? TV adds 10 lbs. Did she have star quality or look like a regular teen?

She was normal height for a girl and normal weight? I think she had star quality from what I saw but I did not see her for very long so it was hard to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV