Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 01:15 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,347,323 times

Advertisements

Ok, this might be a hard one but i have been trying to find this show for years, so if this rings a bell for anyone or anyone has any search tips would be much appreciated.

first off, i know its in black and white, and i watched it when i was a child after prime time. i grew up near atlanta so it was something they played on the local stations- 46 or 36, most likely, tho it could have been 17 (which later turned into nationwide TBS- Turner Broadcasting Network- but we were lucky enough to get it for free via the antenna!).

anyway, it was either an alfred hitchcock presents episode or something like that (not the newer one- remember this was in b and w). it was NOT twilight zone, as i remember all those specifically. may have been outer limits but not sure.

anyway, this episode centered around a woman who had a neighbor she was suspicious of. she thought her neighbor was up to something continuously, and things would go missing which she was around. but it winds up that the lady she was suspicious of had taken her vase, for instance, because she got it professionally cleaned for her as a surprise, and so on. it was something illustrating how paranoid people can be and how unfounded those suspicions can be and yet i think toward the end the woman wound up doing something really heinous, but i can't remember.
anyway, i remember as a child thinking that it was soooo clever, and it was one of the best shows i saw of that type and i would give my right arm to have a copy of it. if this rings a bell for anyone- even if you may have read a story that sounds like this and remember the name, let me know; especially back then many times those shows were adapted from short stories and this may be the case with this one. any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 08:40 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,162,257 times
Sorry not ringing a bell with me but hopefully somebody can help you out.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:24 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,364,694 times
I hope someone knows what it is too; it sounds really good.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,568,063 times
I don't know but here's a list with synopsis of the original AH Presents series - many include videos. There's one in the 1st season called There Was an Old Woman that sounds similar to what you describe. "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" (1955) - Episode list

Old 10-25-2010, 12:07 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,991,350 times
Night Gallery? Not sure if they were all in color or of they had B&W's.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:13 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,436,124 times
don't know..

Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 AM

34 posts, read 82,022 times
I believe it is "Mr. Blanchard's Secret" from Alfred Hitchcock Presents. It's available to watch online.

Synopsis: "Babs Fenton has an overactive imagination. She believes that her new neighbor Charles Blanchard has killed his wife. Later, Mrs. Blanchard shows up at her door and introduces herself. That night, however, Babs sees Charles Blanchard carrying something from the house. Babs again becomes convinced that Mrs. Blanchard has been murdered. Again, however, she is proved wrong when Mrs. Blanchard shows up at her door. Mrs. Blanchard informs Babs that Charles has taken some belongings and left because of a fight. Mrs. Blanchard then leaves. Babs notices that a lighter is missing and comes up with a theory that Mrs. Blanchard is a kleptomaniac. Later, this theory proves wrong as well when Mrs. Blanchard shows up and announces reconciliation with her husband. She also returns the lighter, saying that her husband fixed it."

Old 10-26-2010, 09:55 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,991,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehfes View Post
I believe it is "Mr. Blanchard's Secret" from Alfred Hitchcock Presents. It's available to watch online.

Synopsis: "Babs Fenton has an overactive imagination. She believes that her new neighbor Charles Blanchard has killed his wife. Later, Mrs. Blanchard shows up at her door and introduces herself. That night, however, Babs sees Charles Blanchard carrying something from the house. Babs again becomes convinced that Mrs. Blanchard has been murdered. Again, however, she is proved wrong when Mrs. Blanchard shows up at her door. Mrs. Blanchard informs Babs that Charles has taken some belongings and left because of a fight. Mrs. Blanchard then leaves. Babs notices that a lighter is missing and comes up with a theory that Mrs. Blanchard is a kleptomaniac. Later, this theory proves wrong as well when Mrs. Blanchard shows up and announces reconciliation with her husband. She also returns the lighter, saying that her husband fixed it."
OMG! I think I've seen this too!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV