Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 AM

461 posts, read 796,760 times

Advertisements

I watched it til I saw Kate Gosselin sitting there. I even surprised myself with my gut reaction to her, I immediately changed channels and didn't look back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 07:51 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I wonder who the skating instructors will be, since unlike the professional dancers, a lot of the pro skaters are pretty famous, like Brian Boitano, Kurt Browning, Scott Hamilton, etc.
I was hoping to see any one of the skating pros you mentioned, fuzzy. That may have made me watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
They are not just scraping the bottom of the barrel with the "stars" on this show. They have lifted the barrel and scraped off what was on the bottom of the under barrel. I know "Ice Skating With The Stars" is big in Russia, but this is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entyss View Post
I watched it til I saw Kate Gosselin sitting there. I even surprised myself with my gut reaction to her, I immediately changed channels and didn't look back.
Did TLC pay her to be in the audience? *barf*

I just could not watch after watching the begining and the introductions to everyone. I kept wondering "who was the old lady in the long dress?". I have never heard of anyone, stars or pros. The only name I recognized was Dick Buttons and to me, he was the biggest star there!

I shall not be watching any more.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
I watched about 15 minutes of the show and decided it would be more fun to go grocery shopping. I'm not familair with any of the celebs either and yes it's using the same premise as DWTS.
But the one big thing that turned me off was the host/announcer. Everytime he opened his mouth it sounded like a bowl of mush was going to come out. ABC/BBC, like DWTS, get an American host that we can understand clearly.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:14 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I watched about 15 minutes of the show and decided it would be more fun to go grocery shopping. I'm not familair with any of the celebs either and yes it's using the same premise as DWTS.
But the one big thing that turned me off was the host/announcer. Everytime he opened his mouth it sounded like a bowl of mush was going to come out. ABC/BBC, like DWTS, get an American host that we can understand clearly.

I forgot to mention that fact.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:23 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
no interest here.

sound like a cheap rip off of dancing with ....

yawn !!!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,037,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Wasn't this on a couple years ago? It was called Skating With Celebrities, iirc it kinda sucked.
Yes! I thought maybe I was losing my mind since no one else brought it up. Bruce Jenner and Debbie Gibson were on it. I think they also used more well known skaters than this show. Also, I can't remember the actress but she ended up having an affair with her skating partner breaking up both of their marriages. They ended up together and had a child together. I haven't watched last night's show and I'm not sure if I will.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Yes! I thought maybe I was losing my mind since no one else brought it up. Bruce Jenner and Debbie Gibson were on it. I think they also used more well known skaters than this show. Also, I can't remember the actress but she ended up having an affair with her skating partner breaking up both of their marriages. They ended up together and had a child together. I haven't watched last night's show and I'm not sure if I will.
LOL yep that's the one. Kristy Swanson broke up the marriage of her skating partner and they ended up winning too.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:50 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
I tried.....I couldn't do it....the only "Star" I had heard of really was Sean Young...she had a "thing" with James Woods a few years ago....and ended up stalking him...I'll pass....

Old 11-23-2010, 03:13 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Omg on the sean young thing yeah I thought that was true too and also was'nt Vince Neal tied to some body builders murdering some young woman out in las vegas ? I believe her nick name was flyin ryan and she had some girl working for her and her bf was teaching body building to Vince Neal . Would not want my name tied to stalking or in connection with someones murder , give me the old days when movie stars and tv stars worried about their image I guess not any more . The people Im talking about being tied to Vince Neal are craig titus and his wife flyin marty ryan . they are divorced now .

Old 11-23-2010, 03:17 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
This show is PROOF that there is no God!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV