Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 12:48 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
All along she made it sound like she was Ms outdoor Alaska and grew up doing all this herself. I'm not seeing it. Seems like lying.
I said it earlier but it's several pages back, thus worth mentioning again: my in-laws are from Wasilla and she's a complete fake as far as the whole Great Bush Prowler schtick goes. There's a lot of disenchantment with her there, mainly because she quit on Alaska to go get rich Outside, trading on a phony rep and very vindictive toward any local who speaks up too publicly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 01:06 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I said it earlier but it's several pages back, thus worth mentioning again: my in-laws are from Wasilla and she's a complete fake as far as the whole Great Bush Prowler schtick goes. There's a lot of disenchantment with her there, mainly because she quit on Alaska to go get rich Outside, trading on a phony rep and very vindictive toward any local who speaks up too publicly.
<---this is the ONLY surprised look on my face....

Old 12-11-2010, 01:11 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I agree.....I have NEVER had anyone LOAD my gun or load ANYones gun.....if you can't load your own you dont go out there.
What was UP with that? Daddy had to work the bolt?

After missing any number of times, she grabbed her father's rifle, immediately put her finger inside the trigger guard and then started to move about for a decent shot.

I've gently guided scores of green recruits through their first experience with live ammo, and they all had enough basic weapons skills to keep their finger off the trigger until they had their shot lined up. I would have kicked Palin off my firing line for that stunt.

I thought this series was about highlighting her mad outdoorswoman skills? Or is she simply too ignorant to realize she messed up?

Old 12-11-2010, 01:24 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
She is always too ignorant to realize she messed up, but her fans don't notice because

Old 12-11-2010, 02:34 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I don't get how people can still be a fan?
I've made plenty of misjudgements about people, I'm not that good at it. But when I can recognize a mistake and admit it and take action on it. I don't understand people who just won't ever see it.
Its not even they won't admit they were wrong, lots of people are too proud. But that people won't even see that they are wrong. That is totally scary.
You would think a lot of Palin fans would know there way around a hunt and a gun - and they don't notice?

Old 12-12-2010, 02:06 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Stumbled across this show by accident (after weeks of trying to avoid it like the plague) and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I didn't realize this show was a travelogue about Alaska. Thumbs up on that.

But Palin, unfortunately, comes across as phony as a three dollar bill, and her family "acting" for the camera gets annoying after a while. These are people who are used to having cameras around them and constantly having their guard up, so I never felt they were truly relaxed and being themselves. Such is the price of being a political family, I guess.

It's a good show about the Alaskan wildlife and the Alaskans' outdoorsy lifestyle, I'll probably watch it again, but by no means does this translate into any kind of political vote for Palin (if that's what she's hoping for).

Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Actually caught the show for the first time yesterday. Really enjoyed seeing the Alaskan outdoors. Interesting to see July 4th there and people wearing jackets. Pretty much ignored the political and personal stuff just to see the outdoor shots.Enjoyed it but would not set my timer to it in the future.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:18 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
Kate's kids are more mature than she is. The weather was lousy but jeez, you can't tough something out for one night?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:27 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Kate's kids are more mature than she is. The weather was lousy but jeez, you can't tough something out for one night?
I agree. I only watched last night to see Kate make a jerk of herself. She didn't disappoint. What a cry baby whiner!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Lots there in her (kate) body language towards her children.
Wouldn't you want to see your child's face's when they were experiencing new things?
Man I just do not get her.
As for Sara, I think she was quite enjoying herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV