Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:36 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times

Advertisements

This is fun entertainment. Maybe some of the shows depict things accurately. I don't watch regularly, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that military experimentation and advances are perhaps ten years more advanced than the public is aware of - so it's not beyond the realm for me to believe some experimentation was going on at Plum Island.

My chief problem with this sort of propaganda is that it dulls the mind to what is really going on and also spoon feeds 'facts' to the public, training us into not keeping alert and informed as to what is really going on.

There were alerts in the news as regards to the demise of Glass-Stegall, which played a huge part in triggering our financial woes. There are a multitude of indicators to the effect that the influence of mega corporations, once raising the lifestyle of the average American, is now destroying it - and how about all the evidence that branches of our own government are profiting from the drug trade?

The world is sick enough to the inquiring mind without having to fictionalize emergencies.

Last edited by goldengrain; 11-21-2010 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
To all those who are being nay sayers to this show, I just heard on the morning news that our government is considering a project to start jamming ALL cell phone use while you are in your car. Since people won't stop using their cell phones while behind the wheel, the government will do it for you.

I'm not saying Jesse's show is pure fact but I'm quite sure many things are true. Some people just don't want to even imagine what is really going on under our noses and behind closed doors.

Big Brother is here and "he's" getting bigger all the time.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:49 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,402,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
To all those who are being nay sayers to this show, I just heard on the morning news that our government is considering a project to start jamming ALL cell phone use while you are in your car. Since people won't stop using their cell phones while behind the wheel, the government will do it for you.

I'm not saying Jesse's show is pure fact but I'm quite sure many things are true. Some people just don't want to even imagine what is really going on under our noses and behind closed doors.

Big Brother is here and "he's" getting bigger all the time.
I totally agree with you on this. I, for one, like Jesse's show. I do NOT trust Big Brother any further than I can throw them. I think we would be totally be "surprised" what they know and keep from the people.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:41 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
I totally agree with you on this. I, for one, like Jesse's show. I do NOT trust Big Brother any further than I can throw them. I think we would be totally be "surprised" what they know and keep from the people.
I think Jesse has a Paranoid Complex , he used his money / or talked producers / into doing those Conspiracy Shows and , yeah , just like everyone else, I sat down and gave Jesse an ear to see what he had to say....but afterwhile it was time to turn the channel....

YES there are alot of things going on and being kept from the general public but the Gov't looks at those who try to climb the walls to get at Area 51 as FOOLS !

In other words, Jesse looked pretty silly standing there trying to find the crashed space ship from Roswell and the martians from 1945 , some 60 years ago....But I DO believe they did hide that there ( maybe ) but moved it YEARS ago...I do NOT believe its still in there...

Old 11-22-2010, 11:45 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,906 times
I'm surprised no one has posted this video yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrGxz...layer_embedded

Old 11-22-2010, 05:01 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
After 8 yrs of Bush most of the older generations are scared outta their minds due to all the propaganda Bush/Cheney put out to scare people into paying for his wars.
Quote:
IMO anyone who listens to Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and the rest of the right wing Tea party junk is deep ,deep into "paranoia"
Can you for once just make comments relating to the thread and keep your political bias's out?

You want to comment on political issues there is a thread for them.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:35 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
I think to live a life suspicious of everything takes too much energy.
Even if it were true....knowledge of it wouldn't change the event.
Makes for an interesting conversation with friends or coworkers though.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think to live a life suspicious of everything takes too much energy.
Even if it were true....knowledge of it wouldn't change the event.
Makes for an interesting conversation with friends or coworkers though.
Ugh! Maybe co-workers and friends, but not with people like say ..... my parents! If I disagree with them, all hell breaks loose.

On a related note, I notice the Hoff has his own reality show now. I'm just wondering when I'm gonna get my show!!!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Welcome to Obama's "nanny country".

People who figure out how to disable the "feature" in the car will make big $$.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
IMO anyone who listens to Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and the rest of the right wing Tea party junk is deep ,deep into "paranoia".
Yeah, better to live off of others and bury your head in the sand....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV