Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I finally saw the latest episode. It was great. Dinklage is great. At first I didnt know about him. I always pictures Tyrion as someone who looked like the dwarf in LOTR but he plays Tyrion great.

Spoiler
Im curious to see how they handle the dragons. I'm sure it will be CGI but i hope its not low budget CGI. I also can't wait to see how they handle
the wildlings and also the battle at lannisport
Let's hope it's not as tacky as those Doric Orders before the Iron Throne -- I find it terribly distracting, they need to get another set designer for that.

Also, they don't really make an appearance (Okay perhaps for the last episode of Season 1) till the Second Book, hopefully they'll get a bigger budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 08:42 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,628 times
Lotr ?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 PM

7,367 posts, read 5,480,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
Lotr ?
Lord of the rings=lotr

I am loving how Daenarys is gaining convidence and standing up to her jerk brother. I'm also wondering why her big, hunky husband puts up with the brother abusing her.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:08 PM

659 posts, read 1,759,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Lord of the rings=lotr

I am loving how Daenarys is gaining convidence and standing up to her jerk brother. I'm also wondering why her big, hunky husband puts up with the brother abusing her.
Haven't read the books, have we??

Old 05-12-2011, 06:07 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,480,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
Haven't read the books, have we??
No, not yet.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:01 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,239 times
Quote:
Lord of the rings=lotr

I think during these times Khal (we're on a first name basis ) is hunting. I'm trying to remember if the book specifies this... I'd imagine Deanereys wouldn't tell Khal, knowing he would simply kill Visereys.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,791,331 times
Quote:
I'm also wondering why her big, hunky husband puts up with the brother abusing her.
Patience...

Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I think during these times Khal (we're on a first name basis ) is hunting. I'm trying to remember if the book specifies this... I'd imagine Deanereys wouldn't tell Khal, knowing he would simply kill Visereys.
Drogo leads the Kalisar(spelling?) with his blood riders. Everyone else follows him from far behind.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
ooh, this is quickly building up! I was curious to see if they would include the subplot of Cat arresting Tyrion. It's a subplot I often forget, but it is an important one

Spoiler
It really is Cat's actions that starts the war of the 5 Kings, or at leas that and what happens in King's Landing adding fuel to Robb's actions. Had she not taken Tyrion, Tywin wouldn't have come after her and sent the Mountain to destroy the Riverlands. as a side note, I wonder if we'll see the mountain men at all?

loved the jousting. good lord, that was a bloody death! you can literally see the exact moment where all of Sansa's naive, fairy tale, dreams comes crashing down. There really aren't no valiant knights here
Spoiler
well, other than Loras, but he isn't the sort of knight to go chasing after the ladies

Has anyone seen the BBC series, Skins? It took me a few seconds, but I recognized the actor who plays Gendry was Chris on Skins!

I know there are a lot of people out there complaining about how slow the show is, but this is the episode that really gets the action going. a lot happened and a lot is told in this episode that will shape how this series goes on from this point. keep watching!

Old 05-15-2011, 03:05 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post

Spoiler
It really is Cat's actions that starts the war of the 5 Kings, or at leas that and what happens in King's Landing adding fuel to Robb's actions. Had she not taken Tyrion, Tywin wouldn't have come after her and sent the Mountain to destroy the Riverlands. as a side note, I wonder if we'll see the mountain men at all?
Spoiler
One of the reasons why I don't like her. She reacted to a note from her sister even though she thinks her sister isn't the brightest person in the world, even a downright fool -- but yet ... ugh.

Quote:
Spoiler
well, other than Loras, but he isn't the sort of knight to go chasing after the ladies
Spoiler
It's unfortunate what happens to him later on -- sad, sad, sad state of affairs.

Yes keep watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV