Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:37 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,267,441 times

Advertisements

WTF?

I admit I have not seen this show, so I don't know what the content is, but the title has to be the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 01:07 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,883,131 times
It's very accurate though. The women featured actually did not know they were pregnant until giving birth. Hard to imagine, really, but they seem convincing.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:14 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,267,441 times
Default Meh...

I don't know... I grew up with three sisters, and something happens every month. How can a woman who is pregnant not know she is missing those special days? Yes, women who excercise excessively stop having those days, and there are other factors such a BC pills and such that reduce it, but to stop for months, I find it hard to believe that a woman does not suspect something is wrong, but I'm not a woman, what do I know?

Old 12-04-2010, 06:35 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,883,131 times
I've seen some episodes where they claimed to still have them, or say they were irregular. Seems like they would at least notice some kicking after a few months. Beats me, I never had a problem knowing that I was pregnant.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:44 AM

563 posts, read 1,498,872 times
I've seen the show a few times, and I am a girl. I don't think I've seen one where they DIDN'T say they had irregular periods. I actually personally knew a girl who wouldn't have it for months at a time and she was 6 months pregnant when she found out. It's believable. And some of the women are told that they can't have kids. And yes, some still spot while pregnant and think it's their period when it's not.

There was an episode where a girl had an ovary removed or something when she was younger and told she couldn't get pregnant. She had her period every other month usually (which makes sense... your body alternates between the two ovaries every period).
There was an episode where a girl had twins and didn't know she was pregnant until she was in labor. Crazy. I don't know how these woman don't have a stomach showing or feel the baby in there. (I've had a child myself).
There's been an episode where the woman had a child and didn't know she was pregnant the second time around. You'd think having been pregnant that you'd recognize it that much more easily. But every pregnancy is different, so you might not have the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next. Makes me scared about whether I could be pregnant again and not know it...

Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,551,673 times
In real life I knew a girl who said she didn't know she was pregnant until the baby came out.

What I saw of the show it was mostly as you describe. The women had irregular periods by nature and had good reason to think they could not have children. Usually, I think, they were also a bit on the chunky side to start out. I know the girl I knew who claimed she didn't know she was pregnant did not really put on weight during pregnancy and was large to start.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:39 AM

563 posts, read 1,498,872 times
One of the girls I've seen on the show I know was pretty skinny. She played soccer in college for a bit but ended up quitting and going back home. She put on like 15 lbs or something but thought it was from quitting soccer and no one noticed her getting any bigger.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:29 AM

884 posts, read 2,641,880 times
My sister is an idiot.

She found out she was pregnant at 7 months. This was her second pregnancy within 18 months. When I asked her if she felt kicking she told me yes.

I asked her what did she think that sensation was, BEFORE the Dr said you were pregnant? She tried to say gas but c'mon a moving baby does NOT feel like gas--not at 7 months along anyhow. My sis was just in denial.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times
One of my friends was a big girl ( big bones , big build, wide hips ) she was told she was pregnant a few months along... but she told me she never felt the baby move and when she was in labor she did not feel it because it was very fast .

I am amazed she never showed , she never felt the baby and had a fast labor.

I can see now if she had never gotten a pregnancy test, how she might not have ever known.

One poster asked about the period , it is known that some women have full periods , light periods and are still pregnant.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:05 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,660 times
I don't know how you couldn't know. I gained 55 lbs (fought to get it off, just in time to be pregnant again) with both kids, and how could you not feel that foot dig up inside your ribcage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV