Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 09:15 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I watched the one last night where Jason paid ... 750? 850? for a unit full of what turned out to be empty boxes .. stupid Jason found a safe, opened it and it was empty and the thought, well, that's that. Darryl came over to snoop and Jason sheepishly said that it was a bust, and when Darryl went into the unit and said "hey did you see this safe?" Jason said, yea, it's empty ... turns out that safe was worth a few thousand ... dang Jason ... what a dork.

Out of all of those people, he is going to have trouble making money because his shop is a thrift store. His lack of knowledge of things worth money is going to hurt him.
It was cool of Darryl to come over to help him. Maybe he will learn to look at things of value instead of having the thrift store mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepfan1963 View Post
i hate the guy who bought all the elvis newspapers worth 90k! he is just a huge,huge,a$$hole!
This is one time I do not believe the appraiser.

Not many people collect paper type collectibles items such as newspapers.

They are not worth 90k.

You might sell one here and there to a collector but you wont find thousands of Elvis collectors who want a newspaper.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:22 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
I LOVE this show. They have a really good cast of "Characters" that makes for interesting viewing.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:49 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
I'm sorry, it was JARROD who didn't know a safe from shinola.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:55 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Out of all of those people, he is going to have trouble making money because his shop is a thrift store. His lack of knowledge of things worth money is going to hurt him.
It was cool of Darryl to come over to help him. Maybe he will learn to look at things of value instead of having the thrift store mentality.
Jarrod has made a lot of questionable decisions on his bids. I am not saying he does not know what he is doing but I think to many times he gets to into winning a storage unit and not if the price is worth it.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm sorry, it was JARROD who didn't know a safe from shinola.

We knew you were playing with us.....

Old 12-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Jarrod has made a lot of questionable decisions on his bids. I am not saying he does not know what he is doing but I think to many times he gets to into winning a storage unit and not if the price is worth it.

His lack of knowing valuable things will hurt him.

He has to get off the yard sale and thrift store mentality and learn more about antiques, collectibles etc or he will never make any big money.

Only one of them really knows the value of antiques and collectibles.

The man in the black and the older man just have enough money to take chances on things. They have some knowledge but they do not have the background and knowledge of Darryl.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
I actually feel kinda sorry for Jarrod. From him not knowing anything really about items of value and his being tormented by that horrible naggy, comlaining all the time, negative nanny wife of his. I dont care how cute she may be, the fact that every time she opens her mouth shes spouting nothing but negativity and complaints makes her super annoying.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:42 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I actually feel kinda sorry for Jarrod. From him not knowing anything really about items of value and his being tormented by that horrible naggy, comlaining all the time, negative nanny wife of his. I dont care how cute she may be, the fact that every time she opens her mouth shes spouting nothing but negativity and complaints makes her super annoying.
but after watching him almost blow it with that safe ... I don't blame her one bit for being a natty git.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:48 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
She is plant in the show just like the Movado watch . She is on there to irritate us ! LOL !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV