Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,819,847 times

Advertisements

Best part of the show is the auctioneer's wife

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,689,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Best part of the show is the auctioneer's wife
Wow, she is pretty and looks about 25 years younger than her auctioneer husband...

Not to knock May/September romances !

Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,819,847 times
A pretty good auctioneer too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXsxJ...eature=related

On Family Feud. She has definitely held up better than he has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMQYsgS2Qu4

That host is strange

Old 01-17-2011, 01:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,949,430 times
I started watching this show. It's not my fave, but if there's nbothing else on, I'll watch it. My observations are:

Dave Hester is a d**k.

Darrell is borderline d**k, and looks like a beaver - what's with the tank tops???

Jarrod doesn't really know what he's doing and his wife's always p*ssed off at him - that marriage is probably in trouble.

The old dude who looks like Bono is okay.

Overall, I'd say all of these peeps are targets for robberies. They are on TV, flashing large amounts of cash around, we know where their stores are, we know they buy storage lockers in SoCal. What's to stop somebody from staking these guys out, following them, and robbing them of their cash? If I were in this line of work, I would absolutely not consent to being on TV where the whole world knows how much cash I'm carrying on my person.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Another thing I'm wondering about .....

If you rent a storage space and you KNOW you have something valuable in there that you obviously want to keep (after all, it IS in storage!), why wouldn't you pay your storage bill, or at the very least, if you can't pay your storage bill and you know your stuff will be sold, why wouldn't you come get the valuable stuff and leave the rest?

I'm not sure I really believe people are just leaving valuable stuff worth thousands of dollars because they can't pay a $300 storage bill. I think most of this stuff has to be planted so A&E can have a show.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,851,606 times
Once you are late with your storage bill you are not given access to your stuff until you pay in full.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,262,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Another thing I'm wondering about .....

If you rent a storage space and you KNOW you have something valuable in there that you obviously want to keep (after all, it IS in storage!), why wouldn't you pay your storage bill, or at the very least, if you can't pay your storage bill and you know your stuff will be sold, why wouldn't you come get the valuable stuff and leave the rest?

I'm not sure I really believe people are just leaving valuable stuff worth thousands of dollars because they can't pay a $300 storage bill. I think most of this stuff has to be planted so A&E can have a show.

Not planted at all.

I have purchased many great items out of storage auctions myself in Ohio.

People get behind and do not pay. Once they fall behind they are usually given time to catch up. Once they are 90 days past due the items become the property of the storage shed owner to sell so they can get paid for the tenant not paying their bill.

People do leave many good valuables in the sheds.

I guess if it were me I would at least get the better stuff out before I became late.

Some of the things other antique dealers and I have purchased out of storage sheds is unreal.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,656,782 times
Quote:

There could be a lot of reasons why a storage unit goes unpaid. Death, injury, simple forgetfulness (think senility/Alzheimer's/etc), personal finances gone to hell, divorce, et cetera.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 PM

77,899 posts, read 60,048,025 times
Quote:
I started watching this show. It's not my fave, but if there's nbothing else on, I'll watch it. My observations are:

Dave Hester is a d**k.

Darrell is borderline d**k, and looks like a beaver - what's with the tank tops???

Jarrod doesn't really know what he's doing and his wife's always p*ssed off at him - that marriage is probably in trouble.

The old dude who looks like Bono is okay.

Overall, I'd say all of these peeps are targets for robberies. They are on TV, flashing large amounts of cash around, we know where their stores are, we know they buy storage lockers in SoCal. What's to stop somebody from staking these guys out, following them, and robbing them of their cash? If I were in this line of work, I would absolutely not consent to being on TV where the whole world knows how much cash I'm carrying on my person.
1) Agree with most of your post.

2) Darrell has actually been pretty cool to the others and pointed out to Jarrod that the junky old safe was worth 3k.

3) Jarrods wife doesn't show off "her goods" that much but is a very good looking gal. She is also the brains of the outfit....no idea how he landed her but she is definitely the keeper out of those two.

4) I think that they keep showing the best deals so we are tending to see the cream of the crop and not the mundane things. I have a very expensive sportscar sitting in storage right now just using it as an extra garage for a few winter months and if I were older and didn't have family and had a heart attack etc. it might wind up being a surprise find. Pretty much whomever had the most cash on hand would wind up walking away with it since it's a no-brainer auction as it would be sitting there in plain sight.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) Agree with most of your post.

2) Darrell has actually been pretty cool to the others and pointed out to Jarrod that the junky old safe was worth 3k.

3) Jarrods wife doesn't show off "her goods" that much but is a very good looking gal. She is also the brains of the outfit....no idea how he landed her but she is definitely the keeper out of those two.

4) I think that they keep showing the best deals so we are tending to see the cream of the crop and not the mundane things. I have a very expensive sportscar sitting in storage right now just using it as an extra garage for a few winter months and if I were older and didn't have family and had a heart attack etc. it might wind up being a surprise find. Pretty much whomever had the most cash on hand would wind up walking away with it since it's a no-brainer auction as it would be sitting there in plain sight.
My 1970 Torino is in a storage unit too, but everyone in my family knows it's there and if anything happened to me, they'd either go get it, or pay my bill. Or, in the alternative, if I anticipated I wouldn't be able to pay my bill in the future, I'd take the car out and park it in my garage and park my daily driver in the driveway. I'm not saying things don't happen, but it just seems people would have a plan in place when they have valuable stuff being stored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV