Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,259,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
they were gonna be eliminated anyway so why FT and Big Easy added insult to injury to the cowboys is beyond belief.
This is speculation. We have no way of knowing what was between the U-Turn and the pit stop that could have delayed the GTs and allowed J&C to regain the lead.

Globetrotters did exactly the right thing.

If J&C had been ahead and U-Turned the GTs, I'd say the same thing.

You don't win a game like this with hugs and kisses. Sometimes you need to use the tools that are made available to you, such as a U-Turn.

Last edited by JPD; 04-25-2011 at 07:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 06:55 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,553,593 times
I've always thought the Globetrotters were incompetent. They always depend on their charm to get the other teams to help them or let them follow. The sad thing is they're better about it this race than they were on their last one.

I was really rooting for the cowboys to win...Oh well.

If not Gary and Mallory, I want Zev and Justin to win. The Globetrotters are annoying. Vyxsin can't read a freaking map, and Kent can barely carry his backpack without whining like a little girl. Jen and Keisha are........not interesting?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:35 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,142,757 times
I just can't over how few teams are doing the work on their own, and instead relying on others to help them out *shakes head*.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,724,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I agree with all of you.

Penalties SHOULD be given for both those who give AND receive the answer. Why bother having tasks if no one is actually going to complete them the way they were meant be completed???

Jen/Kiesha - yes she should have had to go back to the beginning and start over, and so should anyone who gave/received an answer. The Cowboys had to start over for being wrong. If the others had to for giving answers, the Cowboys would've been ahead.

As usual, the Cowboys left with grace. They wer enever a mean team or spiteful.

Kent - dude, man up! WTF with your gf having to wheel you back?????

Phil - yeah looked disappointed in the Globes too.

This season is very disappointing. I'm waiting for the episode where the first team takes off and completes the task while the others sit and wait by for the answer.

Oh, and for the Globes losing 2 luggae tags - why did they get to deliver 2 MORE pieces? If they took 20 to begin with, they should get an automatic penalty for losing 2 tags rather than take the easy way and deliver more luggage.
EXACTLY!!!!

I cannot believe that wimp Kent had her pull him. I also cannot believe they are still in it after all his whining.

I feel so bad that the cowboys had to go eat all of that cheese and then be eliminated...that was cruel. They were so gracious at the end. Brothers to the end.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
EXACTLY!!!!

I feel so bad that the cowboys had to go eat all of that cheese and then be eliminated...that was cruel. They were so gracious at the end. Brothers to the end.
How was it cruel? The GTs had very little idea of what the other challenge involved.

Anyone who was serious about survivng this leg would have used the U-Turn if they were in second to last place. You'd have to be an idiot not to.

Last edited by JPD; 04-25-2011 at 08:52 AM..

Old 04-25-2011, 08:14 AM

901 posts, read 2,382,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
This is speculation. We have no way of knowing what was between the U-Turn and the pit stop that could have delayed the GTs and allowed J&C to regain the lead.

Globetrotters did exactly the right thing.

If J&C had been ahead and U-Turned the GTs, I'd say the same thing.

You don't win a game like this with hugs and kisses. Sometimes you need to use the tools that are made available to you, such as a U-Turn.
I have to agree. As much as the cowboys were my favorite team, they probably would have used the U-Turn on FT & BE if they'd gotten there first, too. Sad to see them go, but it's my favorite show...so I'll press on until the end.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,782,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I would have to see Kent naked to believe it's a he.
(
NO!!! Please don't make me look. I'll gladly let you be the one to look and come back and report back to all of us. Otherwise, I'll take his word for it or just believe he is one ugly chick trying to be a guy that is trying to be a girl.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:47 AM

Zev & Justin - LOVE'EM!!!!!!!!! The fondue challange with them was funny. LOL!!! I thought they were going to give up when they seemed to be so close to finishing it. They stuck it out and still came in #1. Oh, and when they started doing it........ I love fondue, but thought and told DH, break each piece of bread into 1/2 or 1/3's and THEN dip it into the fondue. You will get more cheese and less bread as the bread will fill you up fast. JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!! It said to WRITE the answer down on the note card and THEN SHOW IT TO HIM! You said it so that the other team could hear you..... DON'T DO THAT!!! Now that it's down to the top 4 you better start thinking for your own team and NOT help ANY team out WHATSOEVER!

Jen & Keisha - she didn't even TRY to calculate the KM for the trip around the town. She just listened to what Justin said and asked him and he said yes . Lost her map AND had to follow someone else and still did not even have to do the task really. It was the Cowboys that one time had to go BACK to the boat and get the map from out of the bottle. She should have had to do the same thing or serve a penalty.

Globetrotters - they knew the Cowboys were close behind as they had seen them. It was smart of them for using the U-Turn. I'd had done the same thing if I'd been there. It's down to the wire now. It's you or them.

Gary & Mallory - they got it. Their challange was not that hard. Now, Kent and Vyxen may not have been able to do it . (and I don't think a few others would have either). They both seem to have a good attitude and that really helps. They almost got screwed by the taxi driver. I can understand the teams getting upset w/ the taxi drivers that are incompetent. They are in a race and it's a race for a million dollars. Now's not the time to be all sweet and all to a taxi driver that could cause you to lose it all.

Cowboys - still love'em!!!! Wish they could have gone on. I'd rather see them over Kent & Vyxen and Jen & Keisha. I think when they went to the foundue challange they knew they were last and you could tell they were taking their time eating and just relaxing and taking it all in. A great bunch of guys.

Kent & Vyxen - DUDE!!! You are not THAT hurt. Your GF pulling you in the cart....... GROW A PAIR!!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

Gary & Mallory - they got it. Their challange was not that hard. Now, Kent and Vyxen may not have been able to do it . (and I don't think a few others would have either).
As we know from earlier in this season, Kent has chemistry skills, so he probably would have had no problem at all mixing a simple combination of two liquids.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
As we know from earlier in this season, Kent has chemistry skills, so he probably would have had no problem at all mixing a simple combination of two liquids.
Except, this was for gas and oil for it to power an engine. I don't think Kent has ever had to power up a lawn mower, weed eater or edger in his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV