Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 11:51 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I think the shocker is that Russhole loses and goes bye-bye from Survivor.
I hope so too, it looks as if he loses one of those intelligent, using your head, competitions.
We'll see Wed. Sometimes the promo producers hype them up to seem different than what they actually turn out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 01:09 PM

901 posts, read 2,386,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I hope so too, it looks as if he loses one of those intelligent, using your head, competitions.
We'll see Wed. Sometimes the promo producers hype them up to seem different than what they actually turn out.
Those were exactly my thoughts, too. With almost any show on television, very frequently you will see previews of the next episode accompanied by dramatic voiceovers and scenes designed to make you think something big is going to happen. It's all about hooking you so you will tune in to watch the next episode. I won't be surprised one bit to see Russell beat Matt tonight. In fact, I kinda think what might happen is that once Rob's team sees Russell has been voted off, they may be emboldened to vote Rob off, too, so that it will mean a head-to-head duel between he and Russell on RI next week.

Of course, I don't know what will happen and that is in no way meant to be a spoiler. I'm just surmising.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:00 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
Those were exactly my thoughts, too. With almost any show on television, very frequently you will see previews of the next episode accompanied by dramatic voiceovers and scenes designed to make you think something big is going to happen. It's all about hooking you so you will tune in to watch the next episode. I won't be surprised one bit to see Russell beat Matt tonight. In fact, I kinda think what might happen is that once Rob's team sees Russell has been voted off, they may be emboldened to vote Rob off, too, so that it will mean a head-to-head duel between he and Russell on RI next week.

Of course, I don't know what will happen and that is in no way meant to be a spoiler. I'm just surmising.
It would make sense, that was probably the purpose of Redemption Island.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:17 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
DANG it! Not Twitter capable. I think it would be great to 'hear' JP's comments while watching.

Jeff Probst will be tweeting LIVE tomorrow night during the east coast airing of Survivor: Redemption Island at 8pm ET! It's a HUGE episode so you won't want to miss his tweets!
Jeff Probst (JeffProbst) on Twitter
twitter.com

And I guess this answers the question of whether their will be 2 more seasons or not.

Just Announced: SURVIVOR renewed for 2011-12 season & Jeff Probst signs new deal to return for 23rd & 24th season!

Last edited by Giesela; 03-09-2011 at 04:32 PM..

Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,833,975 times
I'm officially boycotting this season, but I chose to watch the first 15 minutes of this episode.

And I'm very glad I did.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:21 PM

DON'T READ UNTIL AFTER THE WEST COAST HAS WATCHED THE SHOW:

Spoiler

YES!!! Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!!!

Russell is GONE!!!!!! Gone gone gone gone gone.

Matt's legacy in this game will be that he brought down Russell!!! Go MATT!!! Thata boy!!!

I can finish watching this whole season now.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:23 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
^^ Thanks for using the spoiler alert tag!

Old 03-09-2011, 06:33 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
That's ditto for me. We have two hours and 28 minutes to go to showtime on the West Coast.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Jeff Probst will be tweeting LIVE tomorrow night during the east coast airing of Survivor: Redemption Island at 8pm ET! It's a HUGE episode so you won't want to miss his tweets!
Jeff Probst (JeffProbst) on Twitter
twitter.com
Huh?????? Survivor will be on tomorrow again?

Spoiler
I can't believe Russell cried like a little girl when Matt beat him! If Matt keeps beating opponents and goes back into the game he will have huge target on himself.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
That's ditto for me. We have two hours and 28 minutes to go to showtime on the West Coast.
You're both very welcome. I completely understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Spoiler
I can't believe Russell cried like a little girl when Matt beat him! If Matt keeps beating opponents and goes back into the game he will have huge target on himself.
Spoiler

Yeah, I wasn't sure what to think about Russell crying. Obviously he's passionate about the game, but he should face it - he got outwitted and outplayed. On a sidenote, I think Rob's reaction was rather anticlimactic when he found out Russell was gone. I was expecting more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV