Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:32 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,659,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Yes, I know you're free to write whatever you like, and yes, I know her mother chose to put her on TV, but.....

Why would you say this about a child on a public forum? We know enough about the roots of eating disorders that we understand a simple comment like this can trigger a lifetime of struggle at worst, and self-esteem issues at the least.

Her mom has given us plenty to discuss. Do we really need to target her young daughter?
I don't think I have "targeted" her daughter. Her daughter is chubby that is all I said and childhood obesity is real and pretending not to notice it doesn't make it go away either. I'm sure the girl just needs her mother to set better examples on eating and excercise it is simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 11:37 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,727,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I don't think I have "targeted" her daughter. Her daughter is chubby that is all I said and childhood obesity is real and pretending not to notice it doesn't make it go away either. I'm sure the girl just needs her mother to set better examples on eating and excercise it is simple as that.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:47 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,369,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Interesting episode.

I guess, the investor never showed up nor did it sell since they closed up shop. Well, I may be wrong about them selling the property.

Cynthia annoyed me with the line about being paid back her money. You are bout to get married, what do you mean get paid back?

Kandi assistant was tad abrasive but Kim needs it.

Phaedra and her sip and see. *yawn*

Nene interview was a snorefest but she is no Barbara Walters.

She made a "business" investment!! Why shouldn't she expect to be paid back? ANY investor would. Peter is a jerk...

Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,003,860 times
Y'all!! I'm havin' a sip n see at my house tonight! Y'all all invited!!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 AM

7,315 posts, read 5,440,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Y'all!! I'm havin' a sip n see at my house tonight! Y'all all invited!!
LOL!!! Is that a southern thing or did Phaedra make it up?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,369,421 times
The gals on HW said they never heard of it before. LOL

Old 01-10-2011, 08:15 AM

3,961 posts, read 10,600,802 times
Quote:
No one's asking you to pretend anything, just suggesting we leave innocent children out of the personal attacks. As I said, Kim gives us plenty to talk about without bringing her child's weight into it. I'm guessing you don't have a daughter, or a child at all. Maybe to someone without kids, it seems harmless to say these things, but it can be a sensitive subject. That's all I was trying to say.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,670,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
She made a "business" investment!! Why shouldn't she expect to be paid back? ANY investor would. Peter is a jerk...
This is your future husband, your life partner, support him. You invested in y'all's future by investing in his restaurant. It didn't work out, cut your losses and go on to the next thing. She's gonna have to be more supportive if she intends to marry an entrepreneur, self-made businessman, whatever. The money is not always steady, especially in the beginning but all that my money, your money, pay me back **** gotta cease, it's just gonna 'cause tension.

Peter is delusional as well because he needs to sell but still...

Last edited by PKCorey; 01-10-2011 at 08:32 AM..

Old 01-10-2011, 08:19 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,088,329 times
Quote:
I agree. Besides, I think if all it takes is some stranger pointing out the obvious (that she's overweight) to trigger an eating disorder, then there's more wrong there...besides, it's apparent she already has an eating disorder.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:38 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,032,633 times
I would have to beeatche slap Kim so hard that her wig would come off if I had to be on the tour bus with her Wig-up and just deal with the "conditions"

I loved the behind the scenes footage of NeNe's interview Gee, you didn't do your homework before your interview Now that is setting a good example for your son (We see what influence she has with Bryson) I think it would take at least 3-4 Jermaine Dupris to make one NeNe

I didn't have a problem with Kandi's assistant. He obviously knows his job and runs a tight ship. He knows that he needs to keep everything moving so Kandi doesn't have to handle all the details.

Peter, Peter, Peter...throwing more money into a restaurant that is sinking isn't going to do a thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV