Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 02:37 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,847,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
They were only there 3 days so it was like a weekend getaway, although you'd never know it by the insane amount of luggage. I doubt they travel much, or they would have learned to pare it down. San Diego is a popular trip for all Californians especially for those with kids because of the world class Zoo and Wild Animal Park, but there's no reason to waste time jewelry shopping in La Jolla, other than to show off since La Jolla is a wealthy enclave, with "exclusive" shopping like Beverly Hills. I know real a number of very wealthy people and they don't act the way those two do, they are trying to hard, it's tacky.
Yes, all the housewives seem to travel w/ an insane amount of luggage. We went skiing last week for an entire week and for 4 people didn't have near what they did. LOL!!!

Yes, I've been to SD and stayed in La Jolla. It's a gorgeous area and very wealthy. I've got several friends that would put all of the housewives to shame when it comes to true wealth and you are right........ NONE of them act like this group. They are beyond tacky.

DH has never been to SD and neither have our kids. It's actually one area we are talking about going this summer. The zoo is world class as I keep telling my husband and is a MUST SEE! I actually want to stay over on Coronado Island. I keep trying to explain it to DH. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 03:00 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,194,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Yes, all the housewives seem to travel w/ an insane amount of luggage. We went skiing last week for an entire week and for 4 people didn't have near what they did. LOL!!!

Yes, I've been to SD and stayed in La Jolla. It's a gorgeous area and very wealthy. I've got several friends that would put all of the housewives to shame when it comes to true wealth and you are right........ NONE of them act like this group. They are beyond tacky.

DH has never been to SD and neither have our kids. It's actually one area we are talking about going this summer. The zoo is world class as I keep telling my husband and is a MUST SEE! I actually want to stay over on Coronado Island. I keep trying to explain it to DH. LOL!
I lived in SD for years, I always hated the La Jolla attitude, it's beautiful, but too ostentatious for me. There are other wealthy areas closer to the city and the people there tend to be more down to earth, and not inclined to flash wealth. I lived in a funky little beach area, I miss it.

I love Coronado, it has the most amazing feel, I used to take the ferry over whenever I felt like I needed a break, the air feels different there, more relaxing for some reason. The Hotel Del Coronado is so beautiful and historic, and you have the history with Marylin Monroe, and "Some Like it Hot" We had my grad school graduation at the Del and it was amazing.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:23 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,506,774 times
I lived back in the Rancho Bernardo area back in the 90s.
La Jolla is nice. I liked the beach there compared to such places as PB.
Coronado is special. Went to the Hotel Del Coronado for a mother's day brunch. Now, I wouldn't mind living there!

I would not be surprised if Bravo asked them to go there. And for the nanny to ride in the car w/ her. And why couldn't a cameraman tell them they forgot that "one" piece of luggage ?

The whole trip seemed very staged. I still want to know how he left a store w/ no bags after buying 2 watches. Oh, that's right, he didn't actually buy them.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:09 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,306,523 times
I know plenty of OC housewives who have more $ than these beeyotches do, live in the same community, and nobody acts or dresses like them. They must be in a world of their own.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:06 AM

121 posts, read 221,261 times
Remember last year when he was flaunting his 7 carats around? So he has come down a notch or two. The funny thing is they are an embarrasment to everyone but themselves, don't know where the king came from but just a few years ago, his bimbo couldn't rub 2 nickles together - so kudos to her for learning how to act rich! Just below the surface she is a middle class women, who used to be more at home in Walmart!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:01 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,627,624 times
I don't know why everyone thinks Tamara is so bad.

She was absolutely right about Gretchen and her act with Jeff. A much younger woman with a terminally ill fiance with $$. She was playing the role on TV while hooking up with her ex behind the scene. That's is nothing to be admired for.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:08 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,306,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
I don't know why everyone thinks Tamara is so bad.

She was absolutely right about Gretchen and her act with Jeff. A much younger woman with a terminally ill fiance with $$. She was playing the role on TV while hooking up with her ex behind the scene. That's is nothing to be admired for.
She's does not have "bad" behavior compared to Gretchen. It's that she's a hypocrite and calls Gretchen out on dating other men while her fiance is terminally ill... but then look what she is doing herself, playing house with her hubby when he has the semblance of having money, but once the money is gone she is quick to leave. She also is a gold digger. At least Gretchen has no kids to mess up. She's just a hypocrite to the max.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:55 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,781,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
She's does not have "bad" behavior compared to Gretchen. It's that she's a hypocrite and calls Gretchen out on dating other men while her fiance is terminally ill... but then look what she is doing herself, playing house with her hubby when he has the semblance of having money, but once the money is gone she is quick to leave. She also is a gold digger. At least Gretchen has no kids to mess up. She's just a hypocrite to the max.
no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors in a couple's marriage. From what I did see of Simon he was not Prince Charming so what I didn't see boggles my mind. I don't think she left him when there was no money coming in. Possibly the stress of money issues on top of his character flaws caused the marriage to end. She didn't high tail it ASAP so seems like she stuck it out for awhile.
She "may" be a hypocrite but this show is loaded with them.
As for Gretchen---I can't say enough bad things about her and the things I say just become redundant. She has zero redeeming qualities-IMHO.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:23 PM

Tamara!!!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 10:33 PM

OMG!!! I was in Cabo the same time that Tamara and Vicki were!!!! Holy Crap!
Now I'm trying to remember if I saw anyone that I thought was them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV