Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,140,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post

Look at Slade.
Do I have to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,612,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Do I have to?
Oh, to be able to rep you! Hahahaha!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,612,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
George, the engraved glasses very clearly said Tamara and Simon. Prehaps you need glasses, yourself?
You spelled Tamra's name wrong. Not worth mentioning if not for your comment about our King George needing glasses

Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,754,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
George, the engraved glasses very clearly said Tamara and Simon. Prehaps you need glasses, yourself?

Second, I don't seee anything wrong with feeling sentimental about your wedding momentos. She married him, she obviously loved him. People do it all the time. It is called grieving the death of the hopes and dreams associated with that relationship.

Geesh

And despite what people are posting, Tamara is an attractive woman. I can admit it. I would hate to see what most of us would look like on TV. Probably a lot more Gina's online than Tamaras.
Personally I think Jeanna is much more attractive than Tamra. She is a natural beauty and Tamra can't even move her face from all the Botox. Not to mention her personality makes her extremely unattractive.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol I've never seen anyone defend Tamra.

I have a general rule. Any lady 40 or over that's a Size 6 or under is a bona fide NUTJOB. To keep the weight off to that extent at that age, you HAVE to be really insecure and obsessed with your looks, usually to the exclusion of any real personal and emotional growth.
Well that is the silliest rule I have ever heard. Some people over 40 don't have to work at keeping the weight off, they are just blessed with great metabolisms. And even still, there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep yourself in good shape. Sadly your comment made you come off sounding quite jealous and quite the "nutjob" yourself.

And to think I repped you on your other comment about Vicki.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:31 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,325,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
Well that is the silliest rule I have ever heard. Some people over 40 don't have to work at keeping the weight off, they are just blessed with great metabolisms. And even still, there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep yourself in good shape. Sadly your comment made you come off sounding quite jealous and quite the "nutjob" yourself.

And to think I repped you on your other comment about Vicki.
uh...thanks for judging me? and completely leaping to conclusions based on one lone comment. LOL

I don't know one lady over 40 outside of gym teachers and personal trainers who are skinny minis who aren't completely obsessed with their looks and completely self-absorbed. RHOC mirrors the women I know IRL. Skinny, bolt on boobs, and not that bright. I don't see anything to be jealous of, really. That plastic look is scary, unattractive and reeks of desperation.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,615,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
You spelled Tamra's name wrong. Not worth mentioning if not for your comment about our King George needing glasses

I live in the United States. We don't have kings.

The comment had nothing to do with how one spells her name. How small of you.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
uh...thanks for judging me? and completely leaping to conclusions based on one lone comment. LOL

I don't know one lady over 40 outside of gym teachers and personal trainers who are skinny minis who aren't completely obsessed with their looks and completely self-absorbed. RHOC mirrors the women I know IRL. Skinny, bolt on boobs, and not that bright. I don't see anything to be jealous of, really. That plastic look is scary, unattractive and reeks of desperation.
Just because someone wants to stay in shape and takes care of themselves by working out does not mean they are "nutjobs" or self absorbed. I don't know where you live, but it sounds like Shallowtown, USA.. That was VERY judgemental of you to say what you said and make such a general statement about all thin people over 40. I work for 12 doctors, all of whom are over 40 and all of whom workout and take great care of themselves physically. Its a healthy lifestyle. It does not mean they are self absorbed or obsessed with their looks because they want to be healthy. And they are certainly VERY bright. I think being obsessed with plastic surgery is not healthy, but working out certainly does not make a "nutjob". I also have many friends and family who also work out and take care of themselves and they are not self absorbed "nutjobs". I'm sorry you know and associate with such horrible people. You need to choose your friends more wisely if these people bother you so much.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,325,634 times
they're not my friends or people I associate with. they're my friends' mothers, neighbors, etc.

and I will add doctors to my "safe" list of gym teachers and trainers, because they fall in the category of people who take good care of their bodies FOR A LIVING. But most (if not all) people who don't do it for a living + over 40 = self-absorbed.

that goes for men, too.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:51 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,762,422 times

All of our other posts got deleted and were very entertaining and did somewhat pertain to the show. And now we have all this garbage from last nights episode. Catfights and all. MEOW!

I LOVE George's comments about all things Real Housewives.

So much for reading the thread today for a few laughs about last nights episode. Except for George who ALWAYS has something funny to say about the ladies on RHOC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV