Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times

Advertisements

basically anything I say that's not directly about the show, I expect to be deleted. this post included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
uh...thanks for judging me? and completely leaping to conclusions based on one lone comment. LOL

I don't know one lady over 40 outside of gym teachers and personal trainers who are skinny minis who aren't completely obsessed with their looks and completely self-absorbed. RHOC mirrors the women I know IRL. Skinny, bolt on boobs, and not that bright. I don't see anything to be jealous of, really. That plastic look is scary, unattractive and reeks of desperation.
Then you need to change friends. I have a TON of friends over 40 that are in great shape and many the best they have been in their lives and they are not obssessed w/ working out and are wonderful mothers and wives. Being physically fit also is better for ones health. Some people do pick up working out more as they age due to health issues and concerns. They simply want to live longer and be in better health to enjoy their family. What is so wrong w/ that. And my fit friends don't have plastic surgery, botox or bolt-on's either.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:56 PM

I'm not talking about being in shape. I'm talking about being a size 00 at age 40. I'm sorry, but at 40+ that's just not normal for 99% of women. It's just not.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:01 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
I live in the United States. We don't have kings.

The comment had nothing to do with how one spells her name. How small of you.
Dude. It was a joke. As for George's title, you're right. He's more of a queen.

And yes, I AM small

Now can we get back to our light-hearted fun?

Old 04-04-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Now can we get back to our light-hearted fun?
NO! We must continue to act like the ladies on the show.

It sometimes makes me wonder, do people who watch and enjoy these shows (myself included) like them because they, themselves, are a little bit like the characters they watch?

Some of the catfighty arguments other people and myself get into makes me think "yes".

Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Uh Peggy if you are going to be pretentious enough to name your child "Capri" at least pronounce it correctly...

Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol I've never seen anyone defend Tamra.

I have a general rule. Any lady 40 or over that's a Size 6 or under is a bona fide NUTJOB. To keep the weight off to that extent at that age, you HAVE to be really insecure and obsessed with your looks, usually to the exclusion of any real personal and emotional growth.
I defend Tamra---a lot. I happen to think she's the prettiest of all the women. It's just MHO and that's only worth what I think it's worth.
I like Tamra. Hate Gretchen. Think Vicki is a nut job. Alexis is a hypocrite of the worst kind. Peggy-her parenting skills or lack thereof annoy me.
I like the lesbian until she gets all needy. She didn't need Tamra at her party as she was still a citizen with or without Tamra. If I had been moving and my friends didn't show up to help due to having a party I would have been pissed. So there.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Uh Peggy if you are going to be pretentious enough to name your child "Capri" at least pronounce it correctly...
Ugh! I sort of get London, other's have used that as a name, but Capri? That's horrible, I don't know what she was thinking, and she pronounces it like the pants in America.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM

I have given up on trying to figure out whom I like the most on the shows. It's constantly fluctuating.

I guess the real question is, would I be friends with any of them?

Vicki: No

Tamra: Yes, BUT I wouldn't depend on her to be reliable or loyal. Just someone to share laughs with.

Gretchen: Yes, but same as above.

Alexa: Yes, I happen to like her, but I would never hang out with her when her husband was around.

Peggy: Prob not, but I haven't seen enough of her yet to know for sure. The way she sucked up to Vicki was understandable on one hand...but on the other it seemed very fake. So I dunno about her yet.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Ugh! I sort of get London, other's have used that as a name, but Capri? That's horrible, I don't know what she was thinking, and she pronounces it like the pants in America.
so...I have a dumb question. How is Capri supposed to pronounced if not like the pant style?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV