Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,533 times

Advertisements

only one i like on this show is Heather she has it all the rest want to be like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Really?

I find Heather to be a calculating shrew and I think her husband is a douche bag.

What topped it off for me, with whatever Cindy-Lou-Who's husband's name is, is that he is a plastic surgeon and should KNOW that snaking the sinus' is not pleasant, and if you've got the extra $$ that insurance will not cover to cosmetically fix a "bump" and straighten out the septum MORE than what has been deemed "medically necessary"...9 times out of 10 that "cosmetic" procedure will also increase the capacity/ability to breathe a little easier. BTDT. What a total ass he was about it.
The septum if TRULY screwed up is covered by insurance. In fact since i had a septoplasty by an excellent surgeon I know Rhinoplasty does not help breathing and is not covered by insurance.

Now as for me, my next step is to remove a piece of my EAR and put it in my NOSE to help breathing. I suppose when that happens I may check my shnozz for bumps, but I didn't bother to have a Rhino with my Septo and had the money for it.

I do not doubt Alex had gross sinuses and stuff, she sounded like a freak. But really is was a double duty job and more power to her.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:43 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,946,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I think Vicki really loves her children a lot, but it is always about HER. When her daughter was getting ready to have surgery she just kept talking about how she felt. If my daughter just had that big a surgery and it looked like it was cancer, I would not be taking a helicopter trip for lunch.

I noticed that too. Vicki is just awful. She's a complete hypocrite, and as a wife, she was always one of those "what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too" types. It's no wonder her husband doesn't want to be married to her anymore.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:41 AM

512 posts, read 861,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I read, elsewhere, that she had some sort of a base foundation on that made her look that horrible. Now, I've also watched a few ANTM shows, and yeah, Gretchen has 10+ years on those girls, but they don't look like that when they roll out of bed or are getting ready for a photo shoot!
-------------------------------

The following has nothing to do with gimmie it's post:

Ok, I will also admit that I have watched a few episodes of The Bad Girls Club too...ugly is ugly, no matter how much makeup you cake on, but these young 20 somethings go waaaaaay above and beyond anyone I ever knew when I was in my 20's. Fake eyelashes, pounds of foundation, tons of eyeshadow, all the fake hair...just like these OC chicks, but 20 years younger and when they can get away with playing "dress up".

It's funny, but I don't recognize my "Mom Friends" when they DO have makeup on. We drop our kids off at school in the early am, un-showered, no makeup on, half in Pj's, and will go grab a cup of coffee every once in a while. Just like that. And some probably have incomes matching or exceeding Heather's husband. No one cares. It's about the company one keeps, and the reality of life, not what someone who you don't know might "think" about you b/c you're in flip-flops, sweats, got your hair in a pony-tail or tucked in under a hat and left your diamonds at home. You want me to wear my W-2 around my neck so you'll be ok with me when you see me without makeup/designer clothing/red-backs/fake hair on? Bite me.

Maybe it has something to do with where you live and who you FEEL you have to keep up with...and if you're not ok with what others "might think" about you...b/c you're not ok with yourself?
Amen sister.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:58 AM

512 posts, read 861,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
I think Heather is awful, she is snotty and rude and no one I could ever be friends with. I cannot stand pretentious people like her. She is horribkle to her husband and way too serious all of the time. She needs to lighten up. Her husband is funny, down to earth and seems like a genuinely nice person. He didn't know who they were talking about and he was just stating facts about sinuses and nose jobs. He wasn't making fun of anyone.

As far as makeup goes, I rarely leave the house without it. I thought Gretchen still looked very cute without it, me not so much. On my days off I have dropped my kids off at school without it, but only if I am going right home, but I will never leave the house unshowered and especially in PJ's, that is gross (the whole thing with people wearing PJ's out of the house is a huge pet peeve of mine anyway). If I am going anywhere after that, I am showered and have my hair and makeup on. I got it from my mom who never did anything without her "face" on. Even if I am sitting home with my husband and kids, at the beach, at the park, I want to look and feel my best not only for me, but for him too (though he doesn't care) so I shower, do my hair and makeup, even if I am just wearing sweats or hanging in the sand. Its not full face, but I do minimum. I am a makeup junkie anyway and I enjoy it. I even made sure I had makeup on for my three c-sections haha! I'm sure when the cameras aren't rolling on the ladies, they lighten up a bit with the makeup and hair and jewelry. And I wish Gretchen would wear her hair staight more often, I think she looks much better like that rather than the big curls.
I think if you enjoy makeup, like you mentioned, it's a different story. I loathe the whole makeup process. I was never shown as a teenager how to properly wear makeup and a didn't want to look like a wh*re, like my sister, so I didn't actualy get comfortable wearing makeup until my late twenties when I took my butt to one of those department store thingies and let them show me. Even now, though, I'm most comfortable wearing light makeup (little eye liner, shadow, only one round of mascara and sometimes powder) on most days, if any at all.

I think Gretchen like the makeup process too, but I still think she wears too much. Kinda like Snooki without her makeup on.

As far as the pajamas in the school drop-off line, I'm not ashamed to admit I did it more than not. If people want to look at me and judge if I've had my shower or if my hair isn't perfect, that's on them, not me.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM

7,365 posts, read 5,480,006 times
I was so glad Brianna didn't have cancer. That was the best part of the show tonight. The rest of it was boring. I'm ready for the Jersey snark-o-rama!

Old 04-04-2012, 03:41 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I was so glad Brianna didn't have cancer. That was the best part of the show tonight. The rest of it was boring. I'm ready for the Jersey snark-o-rama!

the clips look juicy jersey cougars shapening their claws and gonna draw some blood.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:58 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,789,986 times
Vicki and Alexis are pathetic creatures.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,585 times
Is it just me or does Brooks seem like a smoothe salesman? He seems so phoney and like an opportunist.

Last edited by gimme it; 04-04-2012 at 01:42 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 01:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,789,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Is it just me or does Brooks seem like a smoothe salesman? He seems so phoney and like an opportunist.

seems like someone who has watched the various seasons...............and made his move accordingly. Just MHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV