Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:16 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

Anyone watch?

I wouldn't be interested in anyone cutting hair and I've seen about five minutes of a couple of those hair competitions so I avoided this show. Out of boredom, I started watching one day whilst sick and found the show to be very good. It's really about small business. My husband and I are new business owners and it is comforting to see other people make way more mistakes than us!

Tabatha seemed very odd looking but she is actually a very smart and nice person. I like the show. It can be funny and sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
I like the show and watch each season. She's a nice person who happens to be a great business woman,excellent hair stylist and doesn't put up with too much BS

Old 01-02-2011, 01:20 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times
I do. I wish she would come and straighten out my place of work, but I don't work in a salon

Old 01-02-2011, 01:20 PM

313 posts, read 402,010 times
Same here, I like the show too. She's smart and doesn't put up w/ BS. She really seems to know how to run a salon. Ugh, I'll never go into a salon again without paying really close attention to the cleanliness or lack thereof!

Scary how some of these owners are so clueless about basic stuff. I mean like not even making sure the place is clean? Please! How can they be so out to lunch.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:28 PM

I'm not sure if I take away anything from the show, regarding our business, but I bet I do. And yes, I was appalled to see how filthy some places are. I don't take out a white glove but I am quite sure I have never been in a salon that comes close to being as dirty as some of those places. Especially when it comes to waxing. Yikes. Double dip, anyone?

Old 01-02-2011, 03:49 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times
I love this show can she ever kick some butt or what? I know nothing about the salon biz but I do know filth when I see it..yuk. Some of the stylists sure do have attitude. There have been a couple of times I wanted to reach through the screen and slap them upside the head.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 PM

313 posts, read 402,010 times
It would be interesting to go back and see not just 6 wks later, but maybe 1+ yrs later if the stylists and owner have fallen back into their old habits. There are some who seem pretty hopeless even after Tabatha kicks their butts!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 PM

The Christopher Hill salon sticks out in my mind. They were the folks that made up the persona of a fake owner. The wife was beyond ridiculous. She's the one that said she was hoping for a refrigerator from the makeover. That woman really fried my bacon. Man, oh man. I don't know how Tabatha didn't haul off on her. That shows what kind of a class act she really is. And when she went back to visit, they were back at square one with the wife firing everyone in sight.

I am amazed how some of these owners fail to see how lucky they are to get good employees. I guess some folks are really, really obtuse. And the Christopher Hill salon had at least a couple of really outstanding people that I think ended up leaving or were on their way out.

By the way, I saw several pics of Tabatha's salon in New Jersey and it is nice but very unpretentious.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:26 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
The Christopher Hill salon sticks out in my mind. They were the folks that made up the persona of a fake owner. The wife was beyond ridiculous. She's the one that said she was hoping for a refrigerator from the makeover. That woman really fried my bacon. Man, oh man. I don't know how Tabatha didn't haul off on her. That shows what kind of a class act she really is. And when she went back to visit, they were back at square one with the wife firing everyone in sight.

I am amazed how some of these owners fail to see how lucky they are to get good employees. I guess some folks are really, really obtuse. And the Christopher Hill salon had at least a couple of really outstanding people that I think ended up leaving or were on their way out.

By the way, I saw several pics of Tabatha's salon in New Jersey and it is nice but very unpretentious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033uFmV6k0c

surprisingly low key---but neat and clean

Old 01-03-2011, 06:38 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,400,486 times
I like it also. She is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV