Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times

Advertisements

I only watched The Game occasionally when it was on the air because I worked at night but I became a fan of the show once it went into syndication. I'm glad that BET picked it up but I'm wondering how much the show will change.

I know for one thing the vocabulary of Tasha Mack will be different because they edit out a lot of what she says on the reruns but I'm hoping she doesn't lose her fire.

I'm also hoping that the baby mama drama between Melanie/Derwin/Janay doesn't take up too much of the storyline because I'm a little over them.

I want to see more of the Jason/Kelly/Stacy Dash storyline...doesn't Stacy Dash look great? It's like Clueless was just a few years ago; she aged really well.

Anyone else looking forward to the premiere tonight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 06:27 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,739,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I only watched The Game occasionally when it was on the air because I worked at night but I became a fan of the show once it went into syndication. I'm glad that BET picked it up but I'm wondering how much the show will change.

I know for one thing the vocabulary of Tasha Mack will be different because they edit out a lot of what she says on the reruns but I'm hoping she doesn't lose her fire.

I'm also hoping that the baby mama drama between Melanie/Derwin/Janay doesn't take up too much of the storyline because I'm a little over them.

I want to see more of the Jason/Kelly/Stacy Dash storyline...doesn't Stacy Dash look great? It's like Clueless was just a few years ago; she aged really well.

Anyone else looking forward to the premiere tonight?
A couple spoilers...

*They're jumping two years into the plot's future.
*Tasha Mack & Rick Fox broke up, and she's with another man
*Jason & Kelly Pits are officially divorced
*Melanie dropped out of "Med Skool" to become Derwin's football wife.
*Hosea Chancez's character supposedly had sex with Meagan Good's (one of the two new cast members, along with Tasha Mack's current boyfriend) character.
*The drama starts like as soon as hte show begins.
*A lot of Tasha Mack's lines are impromptu
*One of Tasha Mack's impromptu lines in the first episodes is "that's why I own and you rent" to I believe her present boyfriend.

I ahven't seen any episodes BTW.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,444 times
The Game is one of my absolute favorite shows, I can't wait for the premiere tonight!! I caught some of 106 & Park today with the cast, I am SO happy BET picked up the show!

I heard on the radio today that Tia Mowry is expecting

Courtney

Old 01-11-2011, 06:55 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
The Game is one of my absolute favorite shows, I can't wait for the premiere tonight!! I caught some of 106 & Park today with the cast, I am SO happy BET picked up the show!

I heard on the radio today that Tia Mowry is expecting

Courtney
I watched bits and pieces of 106. I'm glad BET is making such a big deal out of this; I'm excited for them as well as the other show Lets Stay Together. Can't believe it took them this long to make their own shows. Hopefully these will be so popular we can start to step away from reality shows.

I was looking at Tia on Monique last night and thought her tummy looked a little round. I tried to stay up to see them on Wendy but midnight is a little too late for me. I wish The Game was coming on at 9 instead of 10; I hate that all these shows come on so late during the week.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:15 PM

^Natalay! That's funny you said something about what time they come on...I was disappointed the shows are starting so late & they're on an hour earlier here in Nashville! I wash my hair on Tuesday nights & then I dry it, flat iron it & hot roll it...sheesh...I'm not gonna be in bed til midnight

Courtney

Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,982 times
It sucked last night. They added way too much fluff to reach the hour mark.

They need to tighten up ship.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:22 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I was looking at Tia on Monique last night and thought her tummy looked a little round.
This may answer your question:

Sister, Sister's Tia Mowry Is Pregnant! - Moms & Babies - UsMagazine.com

Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
It sucked last night. They added way too much fluff to reach the hour mark.

They need to tighten up ship.
Sadly, I agree. I set my DVR & ended up dozing off toward the end.

Kelly's character is really, really annoying now. Malik always was a jerk, but he was likeable & funny, last night I didn't see any of his usual humor.

Also, the main storyline about Melanie swabbing DJ for paternity was way too transparent, I could have written that part better.

The Game is one of my top 5 favorite shows, so I will continue to watch, but I hope it gets better...& quick.

Courtney

Old 01-12-2011, 06:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,982 times
I was watching it with my gf but this sucked compared to the last season or even the repeats. I was losing interest.

I'm not sure of the characters name so bear with me lol.

Malik is the qb, right? Him and Tee Tee were like you said funny back and forth in previous seasons. Last night, it was very unfunny and uncomfortable. He was just going on and on about the food truck that he bought him. It just felt weird.

I didnt even pay attention to Kelly. Why did they age the daughter so much in 2 yrs? That actress was a bad pick.

Melanie story line. It felt like they messed up on the editing. Her husband doesn't want to know then he wants to know. Then, even after she told him, that was his son and he see his baby momma, he asks her again, he isn't mines? She already told you that!

Terrance from 106 and Park...save us...

Atleast, Sheree can say she is an actress now...haha

Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM

^Lol about Sheree...I thought the same exact thing!!!

Also, you hit the nail on the head about Jason & Kelly's daughter. She went from like 7 or 8 to 13...it's a shame they couldn't get the same girl back.

Courtney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV