U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,345 posts, read 5,296,798 times

Advertisements

I wondered the same thing about Divya. That's a real skill - not something you just automatically know how to do. Those things seemed well preserved.

Divya's interest didn't seem like a disorder to me - just a quirky fascination. The cyclist, though, is causing harm to himself and knows it yet continues (like you said). That is troublesome to me and I feel bad for the son - hope he doesn't end up having to take care of his dad for 30-odd years like he fears!

Not that I'd wish anything on the pica people but it did make me a little "why me" to see that they were fine yet I eat regular food and ended up needing a gum graft and emergency gall bladder surgery!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM

3,768 posts, read 4,139,717 times
I did a search for a thread on this but couldn't find it. Thanks for merging.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM

4,113 posts, read 2,023,148 times
so awful haha

Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM

6,766 posts, read 7,842,545 times
I tried laundry detergent once when I was little. Disgusting. Ditto for shoe polish. Paste, however wasn't that bad. Lol.

Idk how people get addicted to some of these things!

Old 08-01-2011, 02:35 PM

12,980 posts, read 18,928,131 times
I LOL'd at the chick who eats rocks. I just about fell on the floor when she said something like "I been eatin' rocks forever and Im 'gone keep on eatin' rocks". So sad.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:51 PM

1,595 posts, read 1,173,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
There is one Wed night featuring a guy that is "married" to a synthetic doll real dinner time viewing, eh?
I haven't seen that episode yet. But I know there really are people who do live with and probably have sex with adult size dolls. It's funny and sad at the same time. I saw this on some show a few months ago. They had a therapist talk to him and the therapist said you're not hurting any one and your happy go for it LOL.

I watched my strange addiciton today and saw a woman eating dry cat food "temptations" brand. Then worked her way up to wet cat food....eeeewwwwww. What I noticed was how the camera cut out and didn't really show her actually take out the wet food and eat it. She was shown eating the broth from the wet food after it cut the part where she supposedly took it from the package.

Oh the one where this girl was eating chalk just made me laugh when she would take a bite and it would make that sound. I kept cracking up laughing at the sound. The kid in love with his car c'mon his Father was so prepared. It was obvious he knew before filming and I seriously doubt any Father divorced and blaming himself or not would take that news as well as this one did. The girl who sniffs/snorts up baby powder appeared to be real to me but I can't be 100% sure. So maybe I am a little gullible.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 PM

440 posts, read 484,470 times
For some reason I occasionally get pulled into watching this show. I suspect most of them are phonies...some episodes are really unbelievable and most of them don't suffer any medical consequences even though they've claimed to be snorting baby powder or whatever for 16 years.
On the episode I saw yesterday, there was a guy who was addicted "emotionally...and sexually" to his car. He emphasized that many times and I had to lmao.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM

3,730 posts, read 8,189,293 times
I watched the show last nite for the first time and saw that episode and thought it was ridiculous, the guy w/ the car was concerned about his job and people knowing about his attachment to his car yet he's on national tv . Thought his father took it pretty well when he told him, Im sure he had no inkling. He was continuing to go to the therapist as long as the therapist didnt tell him he was nuts for being so in love w/ his car (not his exact words but that was the gist of it). The girl w/ the powder sniffing had absolutely no intention of stopping either but realized it was a weird attachment as well, 16 yrs is a long time though (the car guy had his car for 5 yrs). Don't know as I'll tune in again unless I have a lot of free time but who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
For some reason I occasionally get pulled into watching this show. I suspect most of them are phonies...some episodes are really unbelievable and most of them don't suffer any medical consequences even though they've claimed to be snorting baby powder or whatever for 16 years.
On the episode I saw yesterday, there was a guy who was addicted "emotionally...and sexually" to his car. He emphasized that many times and I had to lmao.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Status: "I wear the chain I forged in life..." (set 15 days ago)

4,149 posts, read 3,246,370 times
Well, I'm dragging this one back. I have never watched the show, although I have seen promos and must admit that much of it seems like "look-at-me-I'm-on-TV" stuff. However, I think TLC has gone too far. Saw the promo yesterday for the woman who is addicted to drinking her own urine. She rubs it in her hair. Pats it around her eyes. Her quote: "What can I say? I like warm pee."

I shudder to think what's next.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:08 PM

3,768 posts, read 4,139,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Well, I'm dragging this one back. I have never watched the show, although I have seen promos and must admit that much of it seems like "look-at-me-I'm-on-TV" stuff. However, I think TLC has gone too far. Saw the promo yesterday for the woman who is addicted to drinking her own urine. She rubs it in her hair. Pats it around her eyes. Her quote: "What can I say? I like warm pee."

I shudder to think what's next.
Get out!!

I haven't seent the show in some weeks but that is crazy. I still don't quite believe the guy dating his car. I keep forgetting when this show comes on and if its Sunday night so much else is on.

I'll have to look for that. That woman must stank!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV