Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
I see that too. As he asked LaToya and she singled out Lisa as the one to "look into" for firing. Sad that The Donald didn't spend more time talking to the white folks on the team. I wish both Lisa and Marlee had made sure to let him know exactly what happened. I don't see Starr, LaToya or NeNe ever saying Dionne should go even though she clearly should have gone tonight. Upset with Lisa for not saying what she should have been saying. She didn't deserve the crass, rude treatment she received from several of her teammates.
The bottom line is that Lisa did not do a good job. She really could have saved herself if she had fought (even a little) for herself. And I (Black person) was hoping that she did but she kept letting Star and Dionne run over her.

And for the Black vs. White comments that have been made.....none of the White women on the team came to Lisa's defense. The White women (as it was pointed out by The Donald) were flying under the radar. And the only dissenting opinion about who should be fired was Marlee against Dionne because of Dionne's rude and dismissive attitude towards her. And Lisa Rinna could have used Marlee's point to her advantage but didn't.

Last edited by calipoppy; 03-14-2011 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Agreed: Lisa did not do a good job...although she really seemed to hit off with the kids...of whom Trump's grandkids should have made a special appearance in the boardroom to weigh in! It would have been great TV...and kids are generally brutally honest.

Disagreed: White people generally do not support each other based on skin color and past history. To expect the white women to come to Lisa's defense, solely becacuse she is white is not how things work in the white community. Perhaps the white women did not speak up, beause they would have to mention the black vs white issues...which would probably have gotten them fired for discrimination in the workplace.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I was so bummed Lisa was fired. She definitely didn't deserve it, but she also wasn't prepared to fight. Starr and Dionne were such diva's about the book! Had Lisa fought she would have been saved.

And the fact that not one person stood up to support Lisa blew me away. They definitely threw her under the bus.
totally and you know some people are just not going to "go there"-to the nasty places that people like Starr Jones and Diva Dionne go. And that's ok. It is more than ok. It shows dignity and integrity. Donald Trump really does not have those attributes and he's a bully so you can't point out what the bullies do and expect him to give a $hit.
Being his "Apprentice" is nothing to boast about anyway. Lisa is lucky to be away from those ******* sooner than later. She has a loving family and a great husband to go home to. Not sure how many of those biotches can say that.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:23 PM

BTW...which lips was Trump talking about, that were so beautiful on Lisa???

Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Agreed: Lisa did not do a good job...although she really seemed to hit off with the kids...of whom Trump's grandkids should have made a special appearance in the boardroom to weigh in! It would have been great TV...and kids are generally brutally honest.

Disagreed: White people generally do not support each other based on skin color and past history. To expect the white women to come to Lisa's defense, solely becacuse she is white is not how things work in the white community.
Why would they need to support her simply because she is White? They should have supported her if they believed that she did a great job....and obviously they didn't. That's just silly. I don't support Black people who are wrong just because they are Black...that's not how things work with Black Americans.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
BTW...which lips was Trump talking about, that were so beautiful on Lisa???
years ago Lisa had gotten lip injections that went wrong. Her upper lip was tragic!! She had surgery last year to undo and correct that. Her recovery was long and painful but she now looks normal.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:31 PM

Old 03-14-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why would they need to support her simply because she is White? They should have supported her if they believed that she did a great job....and obviously they didn't. That's just silly. I don't support Black people who are wrong just because they are Black...that's not how things work with Black Americans.
I think no one else supported Lisa-even though Starr and Dionne,IMHO caused the loss, because the other girls didn't want to deal with the wrath of Nene,Dionne and Starr who clearly are the mean girl bullies. AND they wear that badge proudly! Sad sack of $hits.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I think no one else supported Lisa-even though Starr and Dionne,IMHO caused the loss, because the other girls didn't want to deal with the wrath of Nene,Dionne and Starr who clearly are the mean girl bullies. AND they wear that badge proudly! Sad sack of $hits.
Marlee spoke up against Dionne and Lisa could have captivated on that plus she could have pulled Nikki Taylor in to the fray and asked her to comment on Dionne being rude about her (Nikki's) suggestion that the concept was over the heads of most 4 and 5 yr olds.

ETA: Also Nene was not on Star and Dionne's "side"....she was just truthful about Lisa not being a good leader. Lisa made the mistake of not forming a few alliances with some of the women prior to walking into the boardroom.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I (White person) sure hope I'm all wrong about this...but I'll watch future episodes to see how it plays out. After all, last week left me thinking that Hatch and Conseco were ready to come to blows...and everything was calm between them this week. So the racial tension I felt it left me with this week might also just be in my head.

Last edited by jfkIII; 03-14-2011 at 12:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV