U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM

12,196 posts, read 6,314,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Loose lips...sinks ships!

(Word has it that Marlee Maitlin's longtime friend, business partner and intepreter, Jack Jason, takes the whole damn thing! )

WTH does that mean?? ^^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM

12,942 posts, read 8,471,113 times
I thought Lisa was trying really hard to make peace with the Star-Dionne coalition during the task. But they steamrollered her. And wasn't it NeNe who said that they insisted upon Lisa being TL so they could vote her out? It all sounds like a conspiracy to me although I don't know why they chose to single out Lisa.

I wonder now if these "bad girls" will try to use this method to pick off the competition one by one. It's sort of reminds me of alliances on Survivor.

I laughed at Marlee's comment about how she couldn't have known how good a singer Dionne was because she was deaf and never heard her sing.

Unread 03-14-2011, 03:47 PM

12,196 posts, read 6,314,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I thought Lisa was trying really hard to make peace with the Star-Dionne coalition during the task. But they steamrollered her. And wasn't it NeNe who said that they insisted upon Lisa being TL so they could vote her out? It all sounds like a conspiracy to me although I don't know why they chose to single out Lisa.

I wonder now if these "bad girls" will try to use this method to pick off the competition one by one. It's sort of reminds me of alliances on Survivor.

I laughed at Marlee's comment about how she couldn't have known how good a singer Dionne was because she was deaf and never heard her sing.

Yes, it was NeNe who came right out and said they wanted Lisa to be PM sothey could get her voted out.

I got a good laff at Marlee's comment to the Donald's "you don't know she's a legend?" too. Dionne and Starr have left a bad taste in my mouth after watching last night.

Unread 03-14-2011, 03:56 PM

3,716 posts, read 3,360,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why would they need to support her simply because she is White? They should have supported her if they believed that she did a great job....and obviously they didn't. That's just silly. I don't support Black people who are wrong just because they are Black...that's not how things work with Black Americans.
AGREED!

As a black woman I certainly do not support anything just cause it comes from another black person. I think Dionne sucks and needs to go and while Star has some business sense and the gift of arguing her case, her attitude also sucks and I'll be happy when she goes too.

I liked Lisa. I just wish she would have stood up for herself and stop making self-deprecating statements.

Unread 03-14-2011, 04:36 PM

9 posts, read 5,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Watching tonight's episode makes me really dislike Dion Warrick
Me too.

Unread 03-14-2011, 04:46 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,300,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
There are no racial undertones in the show and don't think that black people on the show are the elephant in the room. Not sure how some of you picked it up???
We are entitled to our opinions as are you to yours.

Unread 03-14-2011, 06:34 PM

12,245 posts, read 15,346,552 times
Did anyone else catch the fact that Dionne screwed up with the interpreter? He, of course, was the voice for Marlee Maitlin and she directed comment at him, as if it was his opinion. That old coot needs to do what she does best...stick around the piano guy and sing beautiful music. Other than that, she seems like she's out of touch with reality...not as much as Busey...but still out of touch.

Unread 03-14-2011, 06:36 PM

12,144 posts, read 7,109,403 times
She can sing all she wants but from now on I'll see that smile as a sneer.

Unread 03-14-2011, 06:39 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,300,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Did anyone else catch the fact that Dionne screwed up with the interpreter? He, of course, was the voice for Marlee Maitlin and she directed comment at him, as if it was his opinion.
Yes, we caught that too.

Unread 03-14-2011, 07:08 PM

7,806 posts, read 11,260,205 times
And the fact that not one person stood up to support Lisa blew me away. They definitely threw her under the bus.

I totally agree. And, I was very disappointed that Dionne Warwick is such a dreadful and unintelligent person ( I had forgotten about the PSYCHIC HOTLINE ).

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV