Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 02:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

Did I not hear this correctly? I thought before Meatloaf began crying about having all the money earned being given to the other team if they won he stated that most of his contributors were from his charity, The Painted Turtle." So in effect they would be giving their money to another charity in the event that Backbone lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Did I not hear this correctly? I thought before Meatloaf began crying about having all the money earned being given to the other team if they won he stated that most of his contributors were from his charity, The Painted Turtle." So in effect they would be giving their money to another charity in the event that Backbone lost.
that's what I understood him to say too. Made no sense to me. He wouldn't bat an eye about taking money from the losing teams charity but like a little girl about the possibility of his charity losing out. None of it or his babbling made any sense at all. Honestly I ended up just laughing my azz off at the entire episode.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Yep. You got it exactly right.

He was getting money out of people by promising that it would go to Painted Turtle - and some of them were people connected with Painted Turtle - and then it suddenly hit him that if he lost the task, it would all go to the other charity...

I totally understand his meltdown. He seemed on the verge of pulling the plug, and donating the money he raised directly to the Painted Turtle, rather than funnel it through the show, and possibly lose it. And if he'd done that, i wouldn't have blamed him at all. But I think he knew, on some level, that an offer like the one John Rich made, would come through - so he was willing to go with it. But if it hadn't? And if he'd lost? Can you imagine him having to tell his donors that their money, earmarked for Painted Turtle, had gone to another charity instead? That would have been bad...

Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Yep. You got it exactly right.

He was getting money out of people by promising that it would go to Painted Turtle - and some of them were people connected with Painted Turtle - and then it suddenly hit him that if he lost the task, it would all go to the other charity...

I totally understand his meltdown. He seemed on the verge of pulling the plug, and donating the money he raised directly to the Painted Turtle, rather than funnel it through the show, and possibly lose it. And if he'd done that, i wouldn't have blamed him at all. But I think he knew, on some level, that an offer like the one John Rich made, would come through - so he was willing to go with it. But if it hadn't? And if he'd lost? Can you imagine him having to tell his donors that their money, earmarked for Painted Turtle, had gone to another charity instead? That would have been bad...

he shouldn't have been promising that the money would go to a certain charity.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:13 PM

oh and those MISSING NeNE signs were shown twice---I about rolled on the floor laughing!!!!!!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
he shouldn't have been promising that the money would go to a certain charity.
I agree. He totally screwed up on that one! It was a really really unfortunate mistake - and he's lucky it all turned out okay in the end!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:56 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
oh and those MISSING NeNE signs were shown twice---I about rolled on the floor laughing!!!!!!
NeNe brought nothing to the table. A big broad with an even bigger mouth, which is typical with a lot of people who can only yell and make a scene.
No way was she going to intimidate the two guys so she did the only thing that somebody with no talent could do.
She walked away.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:09 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
I thought Meatloaf's ridiculous meltdown was very narcissistic. If Big John's team would have lost, their money would have went to someone else's charity. Geez. Since when did it become all about Meatloaf and his charity? And yes, Big John didn't need to do that. And surely, Meatloaf could have kicked in some money, too. sigh

But I think there is something else going on here and it is called a chemical imbalance. For all the giggling over Gary Busey something ain't right with The Meat, either. Someone throw him some Prozac. Geez, Louise.

Loved the Nene poster! At least someone on the show's production team has a sense of humor.

Star? She didn't have much goodwill towards her in this universe and it just got worse.

Nene? Typical.

LaToya? Not one family member could help her out? And who was the big donor that backed out? Larry King? I feel bad for LaToya. I'm glad I got to "meet" her, though. I like her. I bet she's a great friend.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
NeNe brought nothing to the table. A big broad with an even bigger mouth, which is typical with a lot of people who can only yell and make a scene.
No way was she going to intimidate the two guys so she did the only thing that somebody with no talent could do.
She walked away.
I actually have some sympathy for Nene. In her mind she was standing up to a bully - Star - and then when Star bitched about it, Trump didn't remove Star from the situation - he moved Nene.

At the time I thought NeNe was lucky - she was going to the better team, and I think she would have liked working with John and Jon and LaToya. But according to interviews NeNe has done since, she felt like Trump was favoring Star by letting her stay with the team they both started on, and punishing NeNe by moving her to the unfamiliar team. NeNe felt she was being treated unfairly. Then add to that the fact that she was a victim of abuse at one point, and that fact still colors everything she does, and she just feel like she could stay in a situation that was so toxic - so she got out.

Trump is all about winning. And the game is all about winning. But if you read anything about NeNe she's more about surviving, and so to her getting out of a bad situation doesn't make her a loser, it makes her smart.

Personally my life is very different than NeNe's, so I didn't really get it until I read some of her interviews - but I get it now. She just did what she felt the right thing was for her.

Here's one article... NeNe Leakes Slams 'Celebrity Apprentice': Donald Trump 'Was Disrespecting Me' - omg! news on Yahoo! And there are others!

Old 05-09-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I actually have some sympathy for Nene. In her mind she was standing up to a bully - Star - and then when Star bitched about it, Trump didn't remove Star from the situation - he moved Nene.

At the time I thought NeNe was lucky - she was going to the better team, and I think she would have liked working with John and Jon and LaToya. But according to interviews NeNe has done since, she felt like Trump was favoring Star by letting her stay with the team they both started on, and punishing NeNe by moving her to the unfamiliar team. NeNe felt she was being treated unfairly. Then add to that the fact that she was a victim of abuse at one point, and that fact still colors everything she does, and she just feel like she could stay in a situation that was so toxic - so she got out.

Trump is all about winning. And the game is all about winning. But if you read anything about NeNe she's more about surviving, and so to her getting out of a bad situation doesn't make her a loser, it makes her smart.

Personally my life is very different than NeNe's, so I didn't really get it until I read some of her interviews - but I get it now. She just did what she felt the right thing was for her.

Here's one article... NeNe Leakes Slams 'Celebrity Apprentice': Donald Trump 'Was Disrespecting Me' - omg! news on Yahoo! And there are others!

typical NeNe lip service-after the fact. She's known for that. It's like after she over-reacts and shows her azz she either later reflects on it or someone else points it out to her so she then goes about giving a rational explanation ...........wah wah wah.........I've watched her do that for a few years now. I'm over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV