Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Could Replace Regis Philbin on LIVE!
Mark Consuelo (Kelly Ripa's husband) 2 4.88%
Anderson Cooper (Now on CNN) 8 19.51%
Jeff Probst (His contract with ‘Survivor‘ ends this year) 2 4.88%
Howie Mandell 4 9.76%
Mario Lopez (Now on "Extra") 0 0%
Tom Bergeron (Now on Dancing with the Stars) 2 4.88%
Billy Bush (Now on Access Hollywood) 1 2.44%
Ryan Seacrest 1 2.44%
Neil Patrick Harris 1 2.44%
Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) 4 9.76%
Chris Harrison (Now on Bachelor) 0 0%
Chris Cuomo (Now on 20/20 0 0%
NO ONE. Just close the show. 13 31.71%
Replace him with a FEMALE co-host. 0 0%
OTHER: Please specify 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 07:14 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Well folks, Regis has left the building, and as my wife and I expected, the ratings have plummeted since his retirement.

We can't wait for ABC to cancel this show; Kelly Ripa is about the worst narcissist we've ever seen on TV. She butts in on everyone's story, hijacking it for her own story. I hope the end is near for that show; she's bilked Regis' coat-tails for millions of dollars long enough.
I'd be interested in seeing what the ratings are compared to last year's same time frame. The ratings typically drop off during December anyway and when you compound that with the huge buildup Regis got in his send off 'month' which upped ratings then you of course will get a large drop off.

If the current ratings are a huge drop from last year at the same time, then I'd say the show is teetering. If it's not, then I'd say so what to the current comparison.

Otherwise, it's just too soon to tell. Personally I adore watching Kelly and am glad Regis has finally left the building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Ratings got a nice bounce this week upon announcement that Michael Strahan was selected as permanent co-host. We still won't watch it.

None of the names bandied about last year were selected and no one predicted Michael Strahan.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Ratings got a nice bounce this week upon announcement that Michael Strahan was selected as permanent co-host. We still won't watch it.

None of the names bandied about last year were selected and no one predicted Michael Strahan.

I never even knew Strahan was appearing as a guest, so that was news to me too.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I never even knew Strahan was appearing as a guest, so that was news to me too.
On their very first show Kelly showed a clip of an appearance he made in 2008 after he won the Super Bowl and Regis asked him about what he would do after his football career was over. He jokingly said something about taking Regis' job. He didn't remember saying that but got a nice laugh out of it.....lol

Old 09-08-2012, 05:41 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
On their very first show Kelly showed a clip of an appearance he made in 2008 after he won the Super Bowl and Regis asked him about what he would do after his football career was over. He jokingly said something about taking Regis' job. He didn't remember saying that but got a nice laugh out of it.....lol

I don't get a chance to see him on Football Pregame show because I only watch ESPN not Fox

Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't get a chance to see him on Football Pregame show because I only watch ESPN not Fox
I've caught a glimpse on a few occasion if my husband is watching, but the only reason I stopped to watch any of it was because of Terry Bradshaw. He cracks me up!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:20 PM
FBJ

Not sure why Strahan looked so uncomfortable today when he has been on the show several times before

Is it because his name in the title of the show now?

Old 04-19-2016, 06:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Michael Strahan is now leaving the show, and TMZ says he did the deal before telling Ripa or Gelman.

The show has been crap since Regis left. Kelly Ripa is an ultra narcissistic motor mouth who cuts off her guests in mid-sentence so she can tell her own, better story. I remember one day about 4-5 years ago when she had Anderson Cooper as a co-host. Cooper was telling an anecdote and Kelly cut him off, shouting straight in his ear so loudly that Cooper visibly winced and cringed at the pain. I sent ABC a scathing email about Ripa's behavior that day but ABC just lets her endlessly talk on and on.

Now's a good time for ABC to kill this terrible show. Michael Strahan was little more than a lap dog for Kelly's incessant chattering; I'm glad he's moving on up.

Kelly Ripa's contract runs through late 2017, but I'd still pull the plug asap and replace it with reruns of the Gong Show, Three Stooges, The Little Rascals, Captain Kangaroo, Soupy Sales, Romper Room, or Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-19-2016 at 08:41 PM..

Old 04-19-2016, 07:26 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I agree with you about "Pippa" as Regis used to call her. She is a horror IMO. I don't blame Strahan. I love the way he did it.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:47 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Isn't it customary to secure and finalize the new job before telling your current employer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV