U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-14-2007, 01:01 PM

6,271 posts, read 11,326,187 times
I don't see a great deal of difference between chilltown and D&D and that is just my own personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
I actually agree with you think....I think Chilltown was worse than D&D but I guess it didn't come across like that in my last posting. People can't honestly be so up-in-arms over D&D winning if they saw last year's winner. I think last year was so much worse in that I think Chilltown was morally bankrupt and just sleazy. I felt like I had to take a shower after watching those two work the houseguests. I didn't feel like that this year...Dick had ugly tactics but he was NOT hypocritical in the least...he called plenty of the houseguests out though that WERE hypocrites and I was glad to see that.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-14-2007, 01:04 PM

1,924 posts, read 5,898,069 times
Quote:
I'd love to see the Jury House when Zack strolls in and they finally realize that it really doesn't matter who they vote for in the end...it's still going to be a Donato that gets the money!!

And really, they all have no one to blame but themselves...there were plenty of times to get rid of D&D but they didn't and instead, they themselves are on the outside looking in...

^^^EXACTLY!

I'm looking forward to it when Zach strolls in too!
And I have to laugh, because I can almost bet that the 'haters' will be tuning in to watch too.
There is a reason why this show has continued for 8 seasons...

Unread 09-14-2007, 01:41 PM

6,175 posts, read 5,248,336 times
I have been a ED fan from day one - I have to admit he has been not so nice. I think Zach took it all like a man.

As for Dani - I'd rather she wasn't where she is. I would of wanted Zach there, but then ED would lose. I don't think she will win, but who knows. I think ED is hated because of his upfront attitude and spoke too much of his mind.

He controlled this game for a long time - It's not his fault he was never evicted.

Unread 09-14-2007, 02:37 PM

2,199 posts, read 4,645,142 times
Quote:
I actually agree with you think....I think Chilltown was worse than D&D but I guess it didn't come across like that in my last posting. People can't honestly be so up-in-arms over D&D winning if they saw last year's winner. I think last year was so much worse in that I think Chilltown was morally bankrupt and just sleazy. I felt like I had to take a shower after watching those two work the houseguests. I didn't feel like that this year...Dick had ugly tactics but he was NOT hypocritical in the least...he called plenty of the houseguests out though that WERE hypocrites and I was glad to see that.
I have the dissenting opinion again. I didn't mind Chilltown as much. They were upfront about being sleazy and they had some residual charm. Will kept telling people not to trust him, to vote him out, that he was a lying SOB, etc., but they kept letting him slide. Mike Boogie was a cad, but Dick was so over-the-top nasty in uncalled-for ways. Whether you're religious or not, ridiculing Jameka about her beliefs was not cool. Trashing Amber's daughter, her waitress job and her weight was not cool. And making fun of Zach's teeth and saying his dad must be a crappy (bleep) dentist was not cool. Those were intended to be hurtful. And the way he talked had no place on primetime TV. Granted, we all might do the same at times, but enough already!

I guess I found Chilltown somewhat amusing in an I-can't-believe-they-didn't-get-evicted-again kind of way. They were so obviously game-on, while the Donatos just seem mean-spirited and unsportsmanlike. They were very sore losers the few times they lost. Dick's concern and caring for Daniele is touching, and I felt sorry for him in the final HOH competition. Daniele was her usual snotty self right to the end, so I hope Dick wins. But there is a line between playing a game and deliberating belittling and hurting others. So, no, I won't be watching. I'll wait for next season.

Unread 09-14-2007, 02:49 PM

690 posts, read 1,561,167 times
Quote:
I'd love to see the Jury House when Zack strolls in and they finally realize that it really doesn't matter who they vote for in the end...it's still going to be a Donato that gets the money!!

And really, they all have no one to blame but themselves...there were plenty of times to get rid of D&D but they didn't and instead, they themselves are on the outside looking in...
I couldn't agree more. Now that jury, who put the Donatos there, HAS to vote for one of them.

HA!

Unread 09-14-2007, 03:59 PM

6,271 posts, read 11,326,187 times
it always surprises me when people whose posts I normally respect get so caught up in the BB frenzy that things take a nasty turn. I'm Over & Out of this BB thread for this season..............rant on.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
^^^EXACTLY!

I'm looking forward to it when Zach strolls in too!
And I have to laugh, because I can almost bet that the 'haters' will be tuning in to watch too.
There is a reason why this show has continued for 8 seasons...

Unread 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM

1,924 posts, read 5,898,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
it always surprises me when people whose posts I normally respect get so caught up in the BB frenzy that things take a nasty turn. I'm Over & Out of this BB thread for this season..............rant on.........

I'm sorry you feel that way. It appears you are directing your comments towards me. Interesting...
Where I gave you the impression that I am caught up in the BB frenzy, as you put it....is beyond me...BTW, without voice inflection it is highly unlikely that you even know where I'm coming from.

Everyone have a great weekend...I'm off to a musical!

Unread 09-14-2007, 04:50 PM

1,825 posts, read 3,871,834 times
I realize that ED lives up to his name, but he and Dani played an incredible game. It makes me so mad when people don't realize that IT IS A GAME. They strategized. They deceived when they had to. They dominated competitions (esp Dani). They ruled. No one else in that house played HALF the game that they did. And no one had HALF the target on them all season that those two had.

It really reminded me of Dr. Will. Everyone knew they HAD to vote him out. Yet they never did.

Unread 09-14-2007, 06:32 PM

188 posts, read 391,985 times
Im with goodbyehollywood, I found chill town amusing, but the donatos where just pathetic. You know if Dick wins he will give it to Dani. But if its the other way, she will take the money and run! She will blow off Daddy again and share it with her follow BB boyfriend. Then he will probley split too!

Unread 09-14-2007, 06:44 PM

15,387 posts, read 20,419,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurbell View Post
Im with goodbyehollywood, I found chill town amusing, but the donatos where just pathetic. You know if Dick wins he will give it to Dani. But if its the other way, she will take the money and run! She will blow off Daddy again and share it with her follow BB boyfriend. Then he will probley split too!
I could NOT agree with you MORE Laur..... Between the two, Danielles is br far the sleaziest.....she just looks better then ED.

I don't really have a problem with ED EXCEPT for his mouth [MF CS etc] and his spitting. Mt mother pwould have smacked me upside the head onetimetwice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV