Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:20 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,423,424 times

Advertisements

*** No anger or offense against anyone - honestly just a realization of how our "truth" is not necessarily the "truth" as others see it! ***

I think it's interesting how two people can observe the exact same thing & yet come to two very different conclusions. Dick was so obvious that you'd have to be quite slow not to see through his tactics. He was observant & used his observations to his advantage. I am an extremely spiritual person but there is nothing about my beliefs that he could have ever used to get inside my head. He found each person's vulnerability & picked at it in a very obvious way.

Chilltown was despicable in every sense of the word. I had a boyfriend years ago who had said, "I don't want to get serious or anything". I was young, naive, & at that delusional point where I didn't listen to what he said but instead ate up all the attention & translated it into, "I really do love you & want to be with you forever".

What Will & Boogy did was try to say, "We told you so" - "We were honest" & at the same time show all sorts of other "truths" through horribly emotionally manipulative actions. So many people are guilty of thinking, "But, they're different with me" - the other house guests were no exception. Will & Boogy used that knowledge to their advantage in a deeper, more sinister way, IMHO. In a very harmful & ugly way, IMHO.

I just don't believe that Dick is "evil" at heart. I do see Will & Boogy as such. I actually didn't continue on with whatever season that was with them. It turned my stomach & made me just sick to see how wretched they were but how ridiculously worshipping everyone seemed to be of them.

I find any honesty in Dick's methods (while I don't condone them) that I never saw in Chilltown.

Now, I've repeated my own dayum self 1000 times on this matter, enough for me already. I don't even know why I've expended this much energy on something that matter NO AT ALL in the grand scheme of things... TV, It's a wretched thing too!

BTW... Can't we all just play nice? It is, after all, JUST a television program that none of us stand to win a cent over!

Last edited by think.reciprocity; 09-14-2007 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: Needed to put a disclaimer on my comments! Don't want to start a fight over NOTHING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Additional Note...

P.S. I can't seem to rep anyone for some godforsaken reason or I'd be giving each of you a point & asking:

"Please, can't we all just get along?!"

Old 09-14-2007, 10:11 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,154,500 times
I'm watching the Showtime 2 Feed again and Daniele is talking to the Showtime audience telling them they need to turn the TV off or go to E Harmony and get a date instead of watching her and her dad sit around in this big empty house by themselves! Right now Dick is washing the dinner dishes and Daniele is drying...woohoo...makes for tantalizing television, but at least she notices that there's really nothing interesting going on and probably won't be all weekend until the last show.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Off Topic: Kid Nation

Hey, have any of you considered whether or not you'll watch Kid Nation & also what you think of it? You may guess I have a whole analytical viewpoint on the whole matter given the potential complexity of the whole show design, premise, etc.

Just wondering how deeply y'all think of it or not at all or what?

BIG BROTHER 8 (just had to say something on topic)

Old 09-14-2007, 10:36 PM

Hey think....I'm not so familiar with it but I did see CBS's Fall Preview tonight and it had a short video about it. Seems like an interesting idea. I wondered though what parent in their right mind would let their young kids go away to a small ghost town in New Mexico without them worrying or taking certain precautions. It's an interesting premise but the logistics and legalities involved would normally have been daunting to a lot of folks but I guess they worked it all out. I'll watch though and check it out...

Daniele is now in her room alone and Dick is outside smoking and talking to himself about how he thinks she really didn't carry him b/c of the competitions she won, and that he thinks he fended for himself failry well. Showtime did scroll a blurb at the bottom of the TV screen mentioning that they bickered most of the day b/c Dick was up late celebrating their win and it kept Daniele awake so she was a bit put out.

I won't be up much longer..I'll be anxious to read your comments about everything some time tomorrow or tomorrow evening. Have a good night!

Old 09-14-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Hey think....I'm not so familiar with it but I did see CBS's Fall Preview tonight and it had a short video about it. Seems like an interesting idea. I wondered though what parent in their right mind would let their young kids go away to a small ghost town in New Mexico without them worrying or taking certain precautions. It's an interesting premise but the logistics and legalities involved would normally have been daunting to a lot of folks but I guess they worked it all out. I'll watch though and check it out...

Daniele is now in her room alone and Dick is outside smoking and talking to himself about how he thinks she really didn't carry him b/c of the competitions she won, and that he thinks he fended for himself failry well. Showtime did scroll a blurb at the bottom of the TV screen mentioning that they bickered most of the day b/c Dick was up late celebrating their win and it kept Daniele awake so she was a bit put out.

I won't be up much longer..I'll be anxious to read your comments about everything some time tomorrow or tomorrow evening. Have a good night!
Yeah, I was reading about the controversy over the show. I think the idea is a phenomenal one, in many regards. But, the whole situation is ripe for abuse. Public Television has done shows where families live in make believe recreations of times in history - along with their children. I have found them fascinating. But, that was for public television & with the parents along.

I've heard word of the network needing to scout for a state with more lenient laws & they set this up as a "camp" to make it legal with children. Things like that. There are also rumours that the parents signed away their rights to make legal, medical, or decisions for their children while they are on the show.

I am surely one who sees the potential for networks to lose site of the children's well-being in the name of profit. But, at the same time, I see the potential for this to be a wonderful opportunity for these children to find their depth of character & capability. I wouldn't want them to be "taken advantage of", yet think our children are capable of handling far more than we often give them credit for - ain't nothing wrong with a few weeks of rough living (if carefully monitored & regulated by an independent source & if the children really are in an environment where they feel free to leave at any time).

Oh, there was also this talk that 3 of the kids accidentally drank bleach from a bottle that was not correctly marked. Personally, if all is done properly by those in charge, I'D LOVE TO SEE WHAT THESE CHILDREN ARE CAPABLE OF. Although, I don't know that I'd ever sign over my access, rights, or control of my child to anyone - most especially not a network profiting from my child. Yet, I would love to have been able to give my son such an amazing opportunity (given the best of circumstances).

That's my 50 cents...

Old 09-15-2007, 07:22 AM

I agree with you 100%, think...it is a great learning experience for all those young people and maybe we don't give them enough credit for handling rough experiences like these. I'd never sign access to my child over to a television network either but god bless the ones that did or otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion!

I'm outta here most of the day...back this evening...chat with ya then! Have a good Saturday.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:58 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
I canceled my live feeds last week - It gets dull in the house.

Out of the Donato's who would you like to win?

My Pick would be ED - Although, I don't agree on some things he did in the house, I think he had full control of this game for a very long time. He saved Dani and I don't really care for her much. I want to see him win.

You know watching past BB's - the ones who got evicted often change their voting. They say they wouldn't vote for so and so, yet they do, because they think hard about how that person played the game. Hope this makes sense. I have watched every single BB season.......

-----------

I refuse to watch Kid Nation - there was a big scandal I read about - Something to do with Child Labor laws.....I would cry tremendously watching those youngins trying to fend for themselves. I have a soft hard when it comes to children.

I'll be watching Survivor, that's for sure!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,907,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post

Out of the Donato's who would you like to win?

My Pick would be ED - Although, I don't agree on some things he did in the house, I think he had full control of this game for a very long time. He saved Dani and I don't really care for her much. I want to see him win.

My pick would also be for ED, and to clarify, again...I also did not agree with his tactics...But it is a GAME, afterall.

-----------

Quote:
I refuse to watch Kid Nation - there was a big scandal I read about - Something to do with Child Labor laws.....I would cry tremendously watching those youngins trying to fend for themselves. I have a soft hard when it comes to children.

I'll be watching Survivor, that's for sure!!!

Kid Nation looks silly...but again, it's TV and a GAME.
However, it doesn't look like anything that would interest me in the least.

Now for Survivor....yes, I will enjoy watching that as my friends and I have from season one.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:36 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
My pick for the winer would be ED [altho he is a disgusting person with no socially redeeming qualities] he's one HELLUVA game player. If Daniel wins she'll forget she ever knew dear ol dad and stiff him completely.

I'll watch Kid Nation once to see if it's any good....assuming there's nothing else to watch..........SURVIVOR forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV