Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2007, 11:52 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,131,513 times

Advertisements

I can NOT believe Zach did this.........but he nominated.........

Dick and Danielle!!! LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 12:48 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,376,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
[b]hmm........what are the rules as to what one MUST do to earn the title of winning? Since Jameka is in the F4 she must have done something right.
I like her, too, but you have to admit, she's been lucky. She was always up against someone everybody else wanted out more. She's been a slider-- not a strategy, but it's worked out well for her. She might slide her way into the F2, and she hasn't made enemies.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:13 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,135,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
It would be nice for someone to win who's managed to play a fairly clean game and won some competitions while showing a shred of integrity. So that leaves Zach. He's not exactly Mr. Personality, but he's really dominated here at the end when it counts and he hasn't totally trashed anybody.
I'm sorry but I'm NOT a Jameka fan...not really a big fan of any of the F4 but I could stomach Zach over her...lol...while I do think that E.D. doesn't mince words, that guy is gonna cough up a lung or spit one out the rate he's going. And Daniele does drive me up the wall...she's so spoiled and whiney but then again, she is very young compared to the others.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:28 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,025,494 times
WHEN did Zach grow big ones????????? Can't WAIT to see the look on D&D's faces.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:25 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,131,513 times
LOL, the only potential problem I see is if Dani wins POV Then it's a BIG uh oh for those of us who do NOT want D or D to win. The POV comp is about to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
WHEN did Zach grow big ones????????? Can't WAIT to see the look on D&D's faces.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:50 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,376,856 times
Daniele wins a lot, especially when she has to-- she could easily pull it off! Uh-oh is right!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:28 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,418,012 times
MY POV (Point of View)

I've missed the last couple seasons of BB. But had been watching it (although I hate to admit it) from the first season. Without fail, I'd quit watching or throw a moral/ethical tantrum when evil & deceit would prevail. It would disappoint me & make me swear I'd never watch it again.

Off the top of my head the two I remember most are that pair - the Dr (Will?) & that club owner guy. They lied, manipulated, charmed, used people from day one. They gloried in their horrible behaviour & TO ME, seemed to be planning on the wretched from jump street.

I remember people who I thought were actively participating in the game & trying to play a good game, but they would always lose out because idiotic people would rather believe & align with a lie, rather than the truth.

Blah, blah, blah (I could go on - but won't)

As for this season, I "met" the houseguests & thought, "Hohum... B O R I N G... WHO CARES?" I just saw nothing in any one person to make me want to watch again. But, because my life is boring right now, I did continue to watch & found myself having opinions about the different individuals & actually growing to strangely like some of them.

Dick: I don't see Dick as evil at all. I find it fascinating the way he is able to find that thing we each have & play on it. While many "characters" from the past were deceitful in their ways, I find Dick to be as obvious (& actually honest about it) as the nose is on his face. Dick has made his game obvious & laid it out plainly from the beginning. Jameka & Amber have their religiosity (that's what I call it) & Dick got them at their weak point. He did that with everyone.

In my mind, he is, in many ways, masterfully intelligent & a great observer of human behaviour.

No one seemed to notice how he handled things like Jameka when there was that racial thing towards the beginning. He went & spoke to her privately & then commented about his understanding of the challenges of the burden she must feel on a racial level. That was insightful, thoughtful, & absolutely genuine & outside of his own purview. I didn't see any gaming in that at all. It showed who he genuinely is at the heart of his being.

There have been other incidents where I saw other fine qualities in him & I think he has played the game masterfully & about as ethically as possible. Now, I don't know that I could/would/or would ever want to stir things up in the manner he has chosen to play the game - I just don't even want to play that role for gameswomanship. But, I respect "who" Dick seems to be on a genuine level & think he is as honest & straightforward as possible.

BTW, if he was all up in my face & at me like he was with most of the folks in that house - he'd of had a run for his money. Because, I've seen those tactics in plenty of people in my real life & refuse to give my personal power over to anyone who's trying to play me like that. They had their weaknesses & allowed them to be used against them.

Danielle: She's young & I can't believe the restraint she's showed in the game for such a young person. She can be annoying with her whining, but she's young. Good god is she a grand manipulator or what? She even makes those attempts to accentuate her annoyance with Dick in front of others so they'll believe she's not REALLY that aligned with him. They argue & she raises her voice LOUDER to be sure the other houseguests can hear. I think at some level they are real frustrations coming out that she knows how to keep in when it suits her & allow them to explode when that will suit her.

As for her boyfriend. I'll just take him at his word because it's none of my business anyways. First, she's young & fickle by nature of the age. It would be naive to go into a BB situation & not discuss what could happen in the house with your BF/GF. No one lied & it's for the 3 of them to figure out when all are out of the house. I think she was genuinely torn & yet emotions are heightened in an isolated situation like the BB house.

I think her & Dick are FABULOUS & hope Dick wins because he is older, maturer, & I believe a decent man who would absolutely share with his daughter - I believe Danielle is young & immature in many ways (although kept it together pretty well in this game) & would not be as responsible with the money.

Oh, I also don't think that Dick is all "anti-god" the way it seemed at times. I believe he is against mindless religious following (as he would probably see it). I would guess that Dick has a strong sense of ethics & probably his own version of "spirituality". I think his disdain is for organized religion & the thinking that he sees accompany it - not for God.

Jameka: Whew. I don't see her as the nice person. I don't see her as mean or evil either. But, she comes off to me as being "holier than thou" & somehow more entitled to the money because of her "righteousness" in her own mind (Amber was REALLY like that). Her religion, her thinking, her beliefs are not the only ones & not inherently the "one way" (I'm not going to get into a religious debate - this is simply my opinion & am not going to get into it any further... no offense).

I don't think that those who play the game by sneaking through it are necessarily less deserving - it depends on how they do it for me. I think being able to do so can be a clever way of doing it. I just can't see any reason for her to win this thing. I respect playing a "clean" game - actually prefer it. But, her game has been so imbued with a sense of "I'm better than this" - by not really doing anything, not really negotiating (it can be done with honour too), or much of anything.

Zac: I don't know what to think of him. Has he been playing it cool the whole time & purposely now winning & participating? That could be clever. Not having much personality is not a reason to NOT win. I notice that he says just the "right" things to each person leaving the house - that's clearing gaming - it somehow doesn't seem genuine - not completely. Maybe he's a good, moral, ethical, nice guy? Could be... could be a clever clever way to make it this far... I guess I can't write him off, but it's hard to want him to win for some reason.

(I know she's outta there, but I gotta say it anyhow) Jen: She was one of my favourites. I think most people feel into the trap the editing folks wanted them to: HATE JEN! I think she was far more than she pretended to be & held herself well for quite some time.

The rest, who cares, they're gone. Be interesting to see how Eric influences the other jurors. He was masterful too - although I often found myself puking over his ways. Interesting. He was also very clever in the way he was able to tell Jessica the truth without fulling telling her the truth. Interesting, let's just see how it goes, huh?

Go Dick!!! (Danielle TOO)

Old 09-09-2007, 07:56 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,272,262 times
Did you all hear that they will not show any footage from the sequester house and that there might not even be a house but that they might be in separate hotel rooms? I loved seeing what happened when the new person showed up in sequester (especially last year!) so I think this really sucks! Also, being that I was a Eric and Jessica fan, I found it easier for them to be evicted because they were going to be together in sequester so hearing this news was very disappointing.

How do you think this will effect voting in the finally if it is true?

PS- this thread rocks! I am very disappointed that I just found it!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:18 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,025,494 times
Some observations......
On the Showtime feed, a comment was made, and glossed over, that Jen and Mike Boogie had gone on vacation together. [Anybody know?] They did an interview with her mother who said that Jen had a degree in Architecture and a second degree in ....something else..... Jen is not the idiot she seemed but was playing the part well.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:25 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,418,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Some observations......
On the Showtime feed, a comment was made, and glossed over, that Jen and Mike Boogie had gone on vacation together. [Anybody know?] They did an interview with her mother who said that Jen had a degree in Architecture and a second degree in ....something else..... Jen is not the idiot she seemed but was playing the part well.
I don't know the thing about Jen & Mike Boogie (he's the other one I wanted to quit watching the show over), because I barely have television -I certainly don't have cable/satellite! But the part about Jen not being the idiot we are supposed to think she is - SPOT ON!!!

I kept saying the same things - I think one of her degrees is in child psych (or something like that?!?) = I believe she works as a nanny too, but could be wrong. I thought she was potentially brilliant, actually, & everyone who was allowing themselves to be led to the conclusion that the show wanted them to follow were the actually ninnies. We are so pliable... so manipulatable... so easy to be given anything & told we have free thought choice to decide, when those who are feeding us the bull know exactly where the majority of us will "fall".

The was Jen handled Dick, until that last incident (please, she is only human), was so so so SOOOO controled. Even the biggest idiot would have reacted to some of Dick's Tricks. Jen held it together until that point which she knew there wasn't much point for "game to be on". There were things nauseating about her - but, I think, overall she was fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV