Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:58 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times

Advertisements

I think it bites that Zach won after an 8 hour comp then loses over some really stupid questions. This season bites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,202 times
This season was AWESOME!!! YAY for D&D!!

The only reason Zach won the 8hr comp is because he didn't smoke 3 packs of cigs a day...LOL...
Dick was in NO shape physically for that much endurance so he crapped out...but came right back in the end.
Zach surfaced too late and it didn't work for him.
No matter what anyone says D&D's strategies worked, and worked well.
They played an awesome game!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:19 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,152,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
This season was AWESOME!!! YAY for D&D!!

The only reason Zach won the 8hr comp is because he didn't smoke 3 packs of cigs a day...LOL...
Dick was in NO shape physically for that much endurance so he crapped out...but came right back in the end.
Zach surfaced too late and it didn't work for him.
No matter what anyone says D&D's strategies worked, and worked well.
They played an awesome game!
I have to agree...I'd love to see the Jury House when Zack strolls in and they finally realize that it really doesn't matter who they vote for in the end...it's still going to be a Donato that gets the money!!

And really, they all have no one to blame but themselves...there were plenty of times to get rid of D&D but they didn't and instead, they themselves are on the outside looking in...

Old 09-14-2007, 12:33 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,422,661 times

You know, I've ended up despising past seasons because of what treachery works & is always condoned. I remember there being times when someone who was playing a reasonably honest & decent game was criticized, in the end, because they didn't really play the game.

Folks hate ugly - but ugly is what they want. I did not ever & nor do I know like anything about the way "chilltown" conducted themselves - which, in my mind, is prime example of WHO they truly are.

Shallow, vicious, ugly, mean, vindictive, manipulative, conniving, users, posers, and on & on.

I did, essentially, like D & D's game this season, I thought it was wicked - but not in the same sense as seasons past & therefore I believe the ends did justify the means.

But, when I hear people saying they were terrible, I didn't like their ways, blah blah blah - BUT IT WORKED - SO IT WAS WORTH IT! I wanna hurl!

The ends do not always justify the means. Often they do not. Just because something works - doesn't mean that's a good thing. "Evil" prevails because good people stand around & do nothing. I believe in many past seasons this is exactly what happened. Folks just sat around & let the little heathens tell them "I am in control" & "Do as I say"... They were often told "I'll do anything to win... no one should trust me..." Yet, folks continued to believe the pretty lies being told to them rather than seeing the truth.

UGH

Anyhow. At this point... I want Dick to win the big bucks because I have little doubt that it will be shared amongst his family. I don't know that Dani has that capability right now. Plus, Dick really showed himself in that Round 1 contest. Phenomenal.

I wish that Dick was up against Zach, I think Zach earned his chance to go before the jury. I think he really was far more masterful than anyone gives him credit for - we really do have a society ill - that we seem to only award wickedness.

I've loved D & D throughout this thing because I didn't see them as they were portraying themselves to be - I love the idea that they are there in the final two together, but really wish Zach coulda been there too!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:33 AM

690 posts, read 2,629,391 times
I love the outcome, for three reasons:

1) IMO, Dick and Daniele played the best games
2) Dick's right - they are the only team of 2 in BB history to make it this far
3) I LOVE the fact that the jury HAS to vote for a Donato

Old 09-14-2007, 10:20 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,390,708 times
I seem to have the minority opinion. I'll be scrubbing the toilet during the finale, because that will be more enjoyable than watching one of the Donatos walk away with the prize. A rude (bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep) trash-talker and a selfish, whiny brat (that suuucks sniffle sniffle) vs. a bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles and a shiny new toilet brush. No contest.

Last edited by goodbyehollywood; 09-14-2007 at 11:43 AM..

Old 09-14-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
I seem to have the minority opinion. I'll be scrubbing the toilet during the finale, because that will be more enjoyable than watching one of the Donatos walk away with the prize. A rude (bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep) trash-talker and a selfish, whiny brat (that suuucks sniffle sniffle) vs. a bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles and a shiny new toilet brush. No contest.
I'm guessing you couldn't stomach the outcome of last year's contest either then!! Another rude, trash-talking, negative poser that lied and schemed and slept with Erica whispering sweet-nothings in her ear only to get with "his boy" Will later and call her b*tch and cackle and laugh, plotting how to get her and everyone else out of there...it worked for Dr Will a few years back too...yea, those two last year were the poster children for how every future Big Brother game will end up I believe...

Old 09-14-2007, 12:43 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,422,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
I'm guessing you couldn't stomach the outcome of last year's contest either then!! Another rude, trash-talking, negative poser that lied and schemed and slept with Erica whispering sweet-nothings in her ear only to get with "his boy" Will later and call her b*tch and cackle and laugh, plotting how to get her and everyone else out of there...it worked for Dr Will a few years back too...yea, those two last year were the poster child for how every future Big Brother game will end up I believe...
See, I think there is a great deal of difference between D&D & "Chilltown". And, I do not think that the ends often justify the means. Chilltown was horrible in every conceivable way. There are limits to what we can call "gaming" & what truly define our character (or lack there of). Chilltown went way beyond any ethical level of "gaming" IMHO. If I had to see folks like them always in the game & everyone else being stupid enough to fall for them I'd slit my wrists & go be with Jesus in heaven (okay, that was supposed to be funny).

Frankly, I know I am capable of being utterly diabolical - not in the obvious ways of D&D. I have a long lineage of liars & deceivers. My way of not becoming those things is to live with almost obsessive honesty. I think we are all capable of terrible things given the "Right" or "Wrong" set of circumstances. But, I believe that it is ultimately where we choose to draw the line in those very circumstances that define our character.

I do think that Dick showed some real depth of character despite his ugly tactics. I never saw that in Chilltown. I don't want wealth, fame, fortune BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY... Others clearly don't share the sentiment.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post
See, I think there is a great deal of difference between D&D & "Chilltown". And, I do not think that the ends often justify the means. Chilltown was horrible in every conceivable way.

I do think that Dick showed some real depth of character despite his ugly tactics. I never saw that in Chilltown. I don't want wealth, fame, fortune BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY... Others clearly don't share the sentiment.
I actually agree with you think....I think Chilltown was worse than D&D but I guess it didn't come across like that in my last posting. People can't honestly be so up-in-arms over D&D winning if they saw last year's winner. I think last year was so much worse in that I think Chilltown was morally bankrupt and just sleazy. I felt like I had to take a shower after watching those two work the houseguests. I didn't feel like that this year...Dick had ugly tactics but he was NOT hypocritical in the least...he called plenty of the houseguests out though that WERE hypocrites and I was glad to see that.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:59 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
ditto.........I'll be cleaning mine during the finale as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV