Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Judge Judy?
Yes 216 55.67%
No 111 28.61%
I think she is mean sometimes but I love the show 61 15.72%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 07:30 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times

Advertisements

If I could go to lunch with anyone living, it would b Judge Judy!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
I'm old enough to remember Judge Wapner of The People's Court. Those were actual court cases, binding, although the show paid the judgements for the defendants if they lost.

Most of this new stuff, you can tell it's made up. The people they hire to pretend to be in litigation are so fake. Usually. Sometimes they're good at it though. Hope those ones get paid more.

I base this entire opinion of recent court TV from one bad day watching court TV shows last week while I needed something to occupy myself while I folded and stapled for about 3 hours, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. It's only one day's observation.

The worst of the worst is Couples Court with the Cutlers. Oh my gosh that's awful TV. Makes your head hurt.

And really, the most depressing part of these shows are the commercials they run. Title loans, career education that begs you to get off the couch and call right now, and injured in a crash we'll get your settlement attorneys. Oh no.

Abysmal and depressing.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:46 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Love Judge Judy, she's the best judge on TV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axZjaAj7Is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH57MnJIjkc

Old 09-11-2018, 08:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 7,724,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
People need to get up to speed on these programs. Newsflash: They're edited. Also, the judge reviews the complaint and answer beforehand, during which time the law can be reviewed with respect to the litigants' venues.

These croakings about her "not being a good judge" are simply the unfounded charges, devoid of evidence, of lay persons who don't like her style.
I love her style. And I love to play judge and see if I decide the same way she does.

Yes, of course there is editing and she has time to prep on the cases before hand. That's why it's so good! A real judge, which she was, does the same.

I still like People's Court. Besides those two, I haven't found any other shows that aren't just poor acting and pretend cases.

There are a few people I'd love to send in front of Judge Judy. She's also very interesting off the bench when she's been interviewed. What a wealth of experience.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:49 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
She's not bad, unless the issue at hand is technical. Then she hasn't a clue and often just goes by her homespun silly "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true" generally ignoring the very issue the case is about because she doesn't understand and can't be bothered to ask an expert.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:03 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
I agree with you OP. She jumps to conclusions sometimes in a nasty way, usually because she just doesn’t like the person speaking. Then she applies some type of “common sense” reasoning that’s actually completely illogical and not based on any facts. I find her irritating.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:20 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,020,456 times
I think she's classist and sometimes racist. I hate when she refuses to discuss items that people are seeking that she feels are of little value. I'm sorry but for paycheck to paycheck people, replacing pots, tvs, video game systems, appliances, furniture, clothes, etc is a big deal.
That being said, she's been on long enough that you should know to not let people borrow cars, money, etc. don't sign for people and don't buy anything together unless you're married. And get everything in writing. I make contracts for $20. Idc how petty it seems

Old 09-11-2018, 09:25 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,256,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Wow. Just, wow. I'll take the impetus to say: She is horrible. Nasty...

I thought they almost took her show off the air, over some kind of bill dispute with the production company?? BUT. In the most recent one (old woman and younger guy, something about breeding a dog) -- WOW was she insulting the guy. And he didnt really do anything.. Was simply explaining/agreeing with the Judge that he didnt know the dog wasn't hers and she went OFF on him.. started calling him stupid and either a fool or a stupid fool...

The other court shows some aren't all that great (Judge Faith) some are pretty good (People's Court, haven't seen Mathis in awhile) and there are obviously more than that but. I'm not the only one that has seen Judge Judy Scheindlin... (They "arbitrate" on these shows? Both sides get paid?)

What say ye? Is there something wrong with me or does anyone else just change the channel, hit the clicker...
I. Cannot. Stand. That. Woman.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Wow. Just, wow. I'll take the impetus to say: She is horrible. Nasty...

I thought they almost took her show off the air, over some kind of bill dispute with the production company?? BUT. In the most recent one (old woman and younger guy, something about breeding a dog) -- WOW was she insulting the guy. And he didnt really do anything.. Was simply explaining/agreeing with the Judge that he didnt know the dog wasn't hers and she went OFF on him.. started calling him stupid and either a fool or a stupid fool...

The other court shows some aren't all that great (Judge Faith) some are pretty good (People's Court, haven't seen Mathis in awhile) and there are obviously more than that but. I'm not the only one that has seen Judge Judy Scheindlin... (They "arbitrate" on these shows? Both sides get paid?)

What say ye? Is there something wrong with me or does anyone else just change the channel, hit the clicker...
Perhaps you didn't understand what you saw, but I saw this episode today and Judge Judy was right. The guy was a fool. He completely lied to her about the time it took before he decided to take his dog to the vet due to the dog's complications giving birth. He had previously stated it was 48 hours in his sworn statement, but tried to backtrack by saying it was only 24 hours. He also said he prepared ahead of time for his dog's birth, but that too was a lie because he had previously stated in his sworn statement that he researched last minute after complications began.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:44 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,971 times
Now... HOT BENCH is okay.

This episode is kinda "meh" but I can see myself watching more of HOT BENCH.

Probably because Judge Judy Scheindlin isn't on it...... YES I KNOW HOT BENCH is "her show."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV