Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 08:03 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
he comes across as a narcissistic, egotistical, self-absorbed POS who would do anything to anyone if the price were right. IMHO
Well, that describes the majority of people with whom I worked. Really. He's just an ordinary working guy. It's encouraged that you are that sort of competitive.

I don't think it's healthy, but a lot of people who do work their way up the corporate ladder have JUST that attitude. Driven, self centered, and willing to make a LOT of sacrifices in their own lives for the goal - and they have fewer qualms about sacrificing YOU.

Sociopaths are about 1% of the population, but are 10% of the business world, and they are often found at the top of the heap, meaning they make the rules for the rest of the peasants.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:16 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Well, that describes the majority of people with whom I worked. Really. He's just an ordinary working guy. It's encouraged that you are that sort of competitive.

I don't think it's healthy, but a lot of people who do work their way up the corporate ladder have JUST that attitude. Driven, self centered, and willing to make a LOT of sacrifices in their own lives for the goal - and they have fewer qualms about sacrificing YOU.

Sociopaths are about 1% of the population, but are 10% of the business world, and they are often found at the top of the heap, meaning they make the rules for the rest of the peasants.
Just more reasons why I LOVE retirement and am free of corporate America!!!

Old 09-28-2013, 01:26 PM

371 posts, read 940,885 times
is the show totally for entertainment. Can you learn anything if you are about the buy your first house, buying investment properties, or becoming an agent?

Old 09-28-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen01 View Post
is the show totally for entertainment. Can you learn anything if you are about the buy your first house, buying investment properties, or becoming an agent?
No. I would not use the show for that.

I did ask a question once, about the Asian broker in the red dress who said one of those expensive buildings that was devoid of furniture would be great for her clients because they wanted an empty space.

I had no idea that they sold these buildings furnished. I still do not think that they do. It was a strange comment on her part. Maybe in China places are sold pre decorated?

Old 09-28-2013, 04:12 PM

371 posts, read 940,885 times
the ep before last ep Madison told the buyer's agent on the phone that, the way I see it you got two choices, 1,I give you best and final offer, 2 you give me your client's best and final offer. Is that a good way to do that? I mean there is never really a best and final offer is there. They always say they can't go lower, and every offer is their best offer.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:56 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
I haven't been watching this season. I usually enjoy the show but I just can't get into it this season. I think because it seems more of a "let's see how much of a ******* I can be" rather than sticking to business and getting the deals done.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:06 AM

Boy, I liked that modern house on the hill with all those glass walls and the way natural wood was used on the inside.

I was also crazy about that house furnished by some famous designer. I liked his taste. Usually I don't like things that are so cluttered and to live in that place, like a museum, you'd have to have a full time housekeeper to dust constantly.

I like all three of these guys. I think any one of them would do a good job representing me if I were to sell.

It was cute when Flagg said he was doing his acting job to up the price of his condo.

I think Altman and his girlfriend understand each other. I am not sure that she is doing anything unethical, but that she and Madison have different values. I think her values are more in line with Altman's. It was so nice to see Altman let his hair down and get all teary over that engagement ring. Refreshing, because he's so often all business and hides his feelings.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
Did anyone else hear the slap that Josh Flagg gave Josh Altman, after Josh Altman made a comment about Flagg's grandmother?

Old 10-16-2013, 11:34 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Did anyone else hear the slap that Josh Flagg gave Josh Altman, after Josh Altman made a comment about Flagg's grandmother?

oh yea. But then it sounded as though Josh Flagg was the one who said,"did you just slap me??!!"

Josh Aultman is a bully sleaze bag. Telling Flagg,"get off the phone. Get off the phone now!!!"
Oh please......I would laugh in his face.

I felt sorry for Grandma Edith. I understand Josh's need to move but God Bless her...........she was so used to Josh being right there.....an elevator ride away. Josh would probably have been content to stay there if not for Colton. I just do not care for that dude. Does he work????

Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
oh yea. But then it sounded as though Josh Flagg was the one who said,"did you just slap me??!!"

Josh Aultman is a bully sleaze bag. Telling Flagg,"get off the phone. Get off the phone now!!!"
Oh please......I would laugh in his face.

I felt sorry for Grandma Edith. I understand Josh's need to move but God Bless her...........she was so used to Josh being right there.....an elevator ride away. Josh would probably have been content to stay there if not for Colton. I just do not care for that dude. Does he work????
As Altman is walking away I noticed him rubbing the side of his face so that is another reason why I think Flagg slapped Altman,we'll find out next week.

I do not care for Colton, never have from day one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV