Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 AM

578 posts, read 2,524,162 times

Advertisements

I have to admit that I LOVE this show. The judge's are the cliche lot of 3, and its good that they offer a chance to go on to Las Vegas with the $50,000 price purse. Amazed at some of their choices to skip over some truly talented people. Like the huge man w/gramma's photo, singing gospel/opera (grade school teacher) that got cut, he was pretty good! That little beat-box-singer "Butterscotch" she should have went thru to final round...BUT THEY ACTUALLY KEPT drag queen(?) "Boy Shakira", not that I dont LOVE a good drag act, but this little Troll was fat, greasy-sweaty, bad makeup, and could'nt belly dance AT ALL!!! the disco-dancing Shashrihi? whatever,,,,he was ridiculously inept. Glad that America gets to choose by "Voting" who the real winner should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 07:31 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,743,437 times
I loved this show last season but they have turned it into a sham. The judges "storming off of the set in disgust" reminds me of professional wrestling.
Keeping acts that might keep a wide range of viewers instead of people with actual talent seems to be the plan. The disco dancer is just their version of Sanjiah.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:01 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,394,621 times
I watch the show but I wish these stupid judges who storm off and swear they have had it and are leaving wouldn't keep coming right back.
Boy Shakira is a joke. I cannot even believe he/she went past the first round. Talk about leading someone on.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:00 PM

441 posts, read 2,102,896 times
My husband and I cannot stand Boy Shakira. What a joke!!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:12 PM

578 posts, read 2,524,162 times
I agree that they started the schlockey-cornball stuff just the way American Idol did with the no talent Asian guy; "Hung"...he went on to make a sh*tload of money touring, taking singing lessons, choreographed dancers, etc. So that is the mainstream now. I never did figure out what the little hissy fit that David Hasselhoff threw was about. Maybe he was homophobic? wasn't it due to the others choosing Boy Shakira?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV