Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
No. He used to be head of creative back when the agency was just Sterling, Cooper. At the end of the third season, several key employees banded together and jumped ship when Sterling Cooper was going to be bought by some other company. That's how Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce came to be. I think Pete said he'd only join if he could be a partner and I think the Roger or Don told him he could be a junior partner only. He couldn't have his name on the building.
that's right ...

And Don fronted Pete's buy in right??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
that's right ...

And Don fronted Pete's buy in right??
Yes. Don didn't tell Pete he was going to do that for him, he just did it. But I still don't know when Pete got made Head of Creative. I even thought, though I was dead-tired when I watched this week, that when he had the partners meeting in his office he said he was Head of Accounts or Accounts Manager or something like that. Pete doesn't seem to have much input with Peggy and the creative crew.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:26 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
I thought that, but was torn since dated a black playboy bunny and seemed very fond of her last season, but perhaps it's a case by case thing. I thought it was also about the money in the wallet. Lane isn't bankrupt, but trust and money was definitely a theme with him this episode.

I do find Megan's teeth distracting. It's not as if all other actresses have perfect smiles, but Peggy's large expressive eyes and Joan's large, expressive cleavage detract from them. With Megan the many closeups the actress gets and the bright red lipstick they put on her emphasizes them. When she wore the nude lipstick shade I barely noticed them.
I was at a loss about Lane in the cab with the wallet, but then I thought that maybe he knew the owner of the wallet as some corporate executive that he would like to do business with. I, so egalitarian of me, did not even notice that the cab driver was black.

I think Meg is very attractive and saw nothing wrong with either her teeth or her body. Have you noticed some of the fat women and men on Dancing with the Stars? Some have very big mouths and open them as though they would catch golf balls. I rarely hear people commenting adversely on their malformed bodies. Why poor Meg?

I think we have some inner puritan that distrusts openly sexually active women. We must find some way of painting them as bad - just a theory.

Last edited by goldengrain; 03-27-2012 at 05:43 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 05:33 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
She is all of those things, but I can't help but think she wouldn't be any of them if she had married a half-way decent man instead of Don.

Yeah, he's hot, that's for sure, but he is such a self-centered jerk.
I think Don could use some therapy for insights into his life.

I believe when he first married people were very conformist and the "roles" were the important thing, and how they filled them. Any person with a working mind would be dissatisfied with that. There were many dysfunctional marriages then, but people stayed together, thinking they were doing the kids a favor, or maybe they just did not know there could be anything better.

I think Don is searching for something better. I think Betty is also in a rut, feeling disenfranchised, but not knowing why.

Both of these people deserve understanding, to my mind.

Last edited by goldengrain; 03-27-2012 at 05:44 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think Don could use some therapy for insights into his life.

I believe when he first married people were very conformist and the "roles" were the important thing, and how they filled them. Any person with a working mind would be dissatisfied with that. There were many dysfunctional marriages then, but people stayed together, thinking they were doing the kids a favor, or maybe they just did not know there could be anything better.

I think Don is searching for something better. I think Betty is also in a rut, feeling disenfranchised, but not knowing why.

Both of these people deserve understanding, to my mind.
I agree with both your posts. Things might have been better for Betty if the modeling job for the commercial didn't fall through due to Don's business dealings. At least that's what I remember.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
Pete is still an accounts guy. He isn't doing anything with creative based on anything I saw.

The point of most of the episode is Pete feels like he is bringing more accounts in and Roger is interloping trying to get the credit, devaluing Pete's contribution.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:59 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I was at a loss about Lane in the cab with the wallet, but then I thought that maybe he knew the owner of the wallet as some corporate executive that he would like to do business with. I, so egalitarian of me, did not even notice that the cab driver was black.

I think Meg is very attractive and saw nothing wrong with either her teeth or her body. Have you noticed some of the fat women and men on Dancing with the Stars? Some have very big mouths and open them as though they would catch golf balls. I rarely hear people commenting adversely on their malformed bodies. Why poor Meg?

I think we have some inner puritan that distrusts openly sexually active women. We must find some way of painting them as bad - just a theory.

I don't think it has anything to do with sex, I definitely don't have any puritan distrust of openly sexual women, I'm all in favor of women being sexual creatures, and enjoying their bodies no matter what their shape, and there are way more sexual women on TV than her. There's nothing "wrong" with Megan, or the actress who plays her, everyone has flaws, but her flaws are not hidden on this show, she is buck toothed, and has visible cellulite. She's an actress, it's hard not to notice flaws when so many actresses are perfect, or at least portrayed as perfect, usually if a actress has cellulite they just won't show those parts of her body, and most actresses have perfect teeth, skin, bodies, etc. so when something is off it's very noticeble.

I actually love that she's not perfect, and the show seems to be celebrating her flaws, I think if we saw more of it on TV and in movies we wouldn't be distracted by it. I think the biggest problem is we just aren't used to seeing the "leading lady" type character be anything but skinny perfection.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:33 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with sex, I definitely don't have any puritan distrust of openly sexual women, I'm all in favor of women being sexual creatures, and enjoying their bodies no matter what their shape, and there are way more sexual women on TV than her. There's nothing "wrong" with Megan, or the actress who plays her, everyone has flaws, but her flaws are not hidden on this show, she is buck toothed, and has visible cellulite. She's an actress, it's hard not to notice flaws when so many actresses are perfect, or at least portrayed as perfect, usually if a actress has cellulite they just won't show those parts of her body, and most actresses have perfect teeth, skin, bodies, etc. so when something is off it's very noticeble.

I actually love that she's not perfect, and the show seems to be celebrating her flaws, I think if we saw more of it on TV and in movies we wouldn't be distracted by it. I think the biggest problem is we just aren't used to seeing the "leading lady" type character be anything but skinny perfection.
Megan is a "realistic" beauty. You can't say "well, if she hadn't had X done, she'd look like everyone else" ... she's gorgeous naturally. It's an indictment of our society's current obsession with perfection.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,706 times
I think she is very pretty but my problem is that I can't seem to get into the show so far this season.
I still haven't finished it yet and this is a first for me.
Is anybody else bored while watching or is it just me?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,150,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I think she is very pretty but my problem is that I can't seem to get into the show so far this season.
I still haven't finished it yet and this is a first for me.
Is anybody else bored while watching or is it just me?
I think it's just you, it's been 1 episode so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV