Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 02:42 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,963 times

Advertisements

I too thought the writing was confusing about the Lady Officer who ended up getting fired.
It was mentioned by her and several others that she only did what she was trained to do, and Regan made a comment about how cops must always follow The Book, but sometimes The Book needed to be updated.
So I came to the conclusion that Regan decided to throw the lady officer under the bus for PR reasons, but would also see to changing the policies about dealing with such instances.
I was surprised that he didn't keep in character and do like he'd done for others who were hurt/fired For The Good of the Department, and have a side exit in place. IE: Terminate the lady cop, but also find her a great position with Homeland Security or such.

Blue Bloods has always been a bit overtly preachy, but the Nicky story was way too formulaic, too predictable. Likewise how it ended, tho I assumed the other ladies who left with her were other interns, IE: greatly motivated to be there and work for free, and therefore motivated to maybe stay even if the working environment is bad.
But I would have expected Nicky, smart lady that she is, to have set the situation straight rather than just leave. Something like recording his overtures on her phone and using this hard-proof to threaten him with bad Sexist-publicity that would kill his reputation and hurt the organization. (Just a threat, but it would still have teeth).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 09:15 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,123 times
After reading all the replies about the story of the lady cop confusing some (myself included). It dawned on me, maybe that situation is not over and that woman could reappear to sue the PD.
If not, that had to be one of the most confusing program to appear so far.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:14 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
After reading all the replies about the story of the lady cop confusing some (myself included). It dawned on me, maybe that situation is not over and that woman could reappear to sue the PD.
If not, that had to be one of the most confusing program to appear so far.
Excellent point. We may not have heard the last of her. Especially as they provided a lot of detail as to her family connections and excellent work history.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:03 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normarobinson View Post
This show is just amazing.The plot is great,acting is more than solid,give Donnie Wahlberg at least a nomination already.It is not one of the best,but the best newest television show ever.Blue Bloods showcases a surprising amount of character-driven storytelling. The potential police department conspiracy pushes Blue Bloods into more sudsy territory than necessary, but at least this show marks another attempt by CBS, following "The Good Wife" last year, to expand its offerings beyond paint-by-number crime dramas.
Thank you, Mrs. Wahlberg.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not sure about the NYPD but I know some pensions in LE departments are based on the final year of work, overtime becomes very valuable to those working in their final year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Thank you, Mrs. Wahlberg.
Yeah, right? Must be Jennie. Love your hubby, hate your bil, little Marky. (puke)

Old 05-12-2018, 08:52 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,516 times
Ummmmm how has no one come onto this thread since the finale? Especially with the way it ended?

THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2018, 06:26 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,232,679 times
Finally! They make a cute couple. Frank didn't look enamored. He welcomed her, but looks like he has misgivings also.

I had been semi-spoiled before it aired. No details, just heard "something big happens, and someone makes an appearance at the dinner table". Based on the opening scene where Erin's boss tells her about getting back together with her ex (right as she's shot), and then Erin says "I have news too", I had this terrible feeling Erin was going to get back with her ex-douchey. Thank goodness I was wrong, as I strongly dislike that guy.

Coming back for Season Nine!

Old 05-13-2018, 07:20 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,249,462 times
I hope its not the end of Eddie....everybody else at that table is either divorced or widowed.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:41 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,516 times
And let's not forget WAY back in season 1 Jamie's first fiance didn't last long at the table. She couldn't deal with one day being married to a cop and left.

A few weeks ago I was ready to resurrect this thread to proclaim how much the writers sucked by continuing the dance when they put that Barry character in the mix. Fast forward to last week when Eddie blew off a date because of what she went through mentally with the kidnapped baby case. Saying only another cop would understand what was going on in her head. Watching the finale last night I was hoping that one of them would at least step up and say they wanted a relationship. I did NOT pending nuptials at all. What sneaky SOBs those writers are. I thought Jamie invited Eddie as a thank you for saving his life, but then he never let go of her hand and when he said "The future Mrs. Jameson Reagan" my jaw dropped and I could not stop smiling. Damn good finale. Going from the sadness of Danny at Linda's grave at the beginning to the happiness of Jamie and Eddie being engaged at the end. My only complaint was the proposal was off camera. I think all of us who wanted this to happen since their very first kiss in season 4 were robbed of a great moment

Old 05-13-2018, 07:46 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
I used to like the show overall, but I stopped watching it a while back, due to too many episodes with irritating political undertones. Sounds like I missed something big, though. I'll have to see if I can find a recent episode or two on demand to see what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV