Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,976,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I just LOVED Christina Applegate's episode tonight. I thought it was really interesting and a really good mystery she was able to solve. And what a beautiful ending with the monument for his mom. Sad though, that she died so young, and from the cause of death, apparently his dad was right about the mom...one of the better episodes I've seen, and truly memorable.
I was in tears!!!
My hubby rolled his eyes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 08:27 PM

693 posts, read 1,040,274 times
I love this show. As the family genealogist, I watch for helpful tips. Having said that, I am really disappointed that there are no people of color on the show this season.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:59 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,468,616 times
I watched the Christina Applegate episode tonight and it was touching to know there was a good reason why her father's mother didn't raise him and that she didn't die a violent death. It was sad though to find out that she was an alchoholic.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:37 PM

510 posts, read 905,025 times
I watched this show for the first time and found it very interesting. I have never been interested in genealogy--my family has lived in the same town in Italy for hundreds of years (although no doubt there are always surprises). I was fascinated to learn about the U.S Census and that things like weeks out of work and highest education level was recorded. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Was anyone else curious about what had happened to the mother's sister Delilah? She also died at a young age. I wonder if that family just fell on hard times during the Depression or if there was more to it? And where was their mother buried (dad and two sisters were in the same plot)?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,641,304 times
Actually, Lavina and her sister Delilah are buried next to their father, Ovid Shaw. There is now a nice gravestone with the inscription "Mom, I found you." From the site Find A Grave:
Lavina Victorine Shaw Walton (1921 - 1955) - Find A Grave Memorial
Does anyone know, are new episodes being produced? I saw this episode some time ago...had forgotten a lot, so I watched it again on the website.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:23 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,567,315 times
Christina Applegate's dad had that stone built after Christina found out what happened to his mom and how she died for her episode of WDYTYA, which aired July 30th.

This is a new season with all new profiles. NBC had this show but cancelled it. TLC picked it up after a year and so far, there have been two new profiles: Kelly Clarkson and Christina Applegate. Next up is Chelsea Handler. Others this season are Chris O'Donnell (NCIS-LA), Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory), Zoey Deschanel, Trisha Yearwood, and Cindy Crawford.

This link has all three previous seasons, and the celebrities profiled. They were all wonderful!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Do_...U.S._TV_series)

Last edited by Marcy1210; 08-06-2013 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 AM

510 posts, read 905,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Actually, Lavina and her sister Delilah are buried next to their father, Ovid Shaw. There is now a nice gravestone with the inscription "Mom, I found you." From the site Find A Grave:
Lavina Victorine Shaw Walton (1921 - 1955) - Find A Grave Memorial
Oh yes, I got that part. I was curious about where Lavina and Delilah's mom (also named Lavina) was buried. I know she died a little earlier--it sounded like her death in 1946 is what may have prompted Robert getting turned over to his paternal grandparents. I just thought it was strange/sad that they were not all together.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:48 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,567,315 times
There is a new season starting July 23 with Valerie Bertinelli, Kelsey Grammer, Lauren Graham, Cynthia Nixon, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Rachel McAdams with her sister Kayleen. It's at 9/8 p.m. on TLC.

Also, TLC has acquired 10 episodes from the show's previous seasons on NBC. The episodes feature Matthew Broderick, Lisa Kudrow, Rob Lowe, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Brooke Shields, Vanessa Williams and Rita Wilson.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:56 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,240 times
So no longer is it going to be on NBC now it will be on TLC? ok kool. I also wish there were more people of color or even latinos etc. I find these things interesting.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:33 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,808,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
So no longer is it going to be on NBC now it will be on TLC? ok kool. I also wish there were more people of color or even latinos etc. I find these things interesting.
It was on TLC last season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV