Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,365,006 times

Advertisements

I'm glad she kept Ames! For the first time all season, he looked cute last night - he really does have some some beautiful facial features individually, but I never noticed until last night. The dork thing overpowered everything else in my eyes. But then last night, I actually started to like him... He's smart and sincere and I don't know, I think he might go further than I expected!

And Lucas? He just came across as a dud last night. Nothing too wrong, but absolutely nothing right either. I thought for sure that Ashley was going to keep him though, and let Ames go - thankfully she proved me wrong!

I have such a hard time telling Ben and Constantine apart! I love the longish hair on both of them, but it's more than just the hair - they even have similar facial features. But I've noticed that whenever I start to like one of them, it's invariably Ben. He's the cuter of the two, and I think he has more chemistry with Ashley, and genuinely likes her. To me, Constantine is always in second place, when I compare the two.

As for JP, he gave Ashley this great opening, and she said... "I'm so sorry you had a hard week." Is she blind? Or stupid? Or does she just not like him as much as he likes her? If she really liked him, and really thought he was the one, wouldn't she be saying... "YAY! You like me enough to be jealous?" Or at the very least, say, "I kind of like that you like me enough to miss me." But no. She just focussed on how that impacted his interactions with the other guys? Was he starting fights, etc. I have to wonder about that girl!

And she was right to cut Ryan.

At this point "I" think she should choose JP - he's the one who is the most into her, and he just seems like the best choice. But when she said that Ben felt like her boyfriend? That's a pretty powerful statement...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 03:34 AM

Does anyone remember if they usually do the at home visits with the final four? It seems like it used to be the final three - maybe? I don't know, but it seems like visiting four families may not be necessary - she should know at this point who she plans to choose - or at least have it narrowed down to one of two guys. I can't imagine that she really needs to visit all four of their families?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,242,717 times
I am just waiting for this show to be over. It's quite easily the most boring Bachelorette season in the show's history.
One thing I noticed in one of the in between show and commercial ads, was Chris Harrison talking about the *final* Bachelor auditions coming soon. So does this mean these shows are going bye bye? I bet they are becoming too expensive to produce when they go all over the world.

The whole Emily confession thing was funny. She was acting. I really doubt that she was ever in love with Brad. And I think by her "coming clean" about everything just means that she wants to be the new Bachelorette. Which would be good if they would pick her. It would be worth watching versus Ashley. Although I think Ashley is ok as a person, she is just not exciting at all to watch. Some of the men are, but not her. The last few times they have picked more ordinary types for the Bachelorette. I always thought they would have better ratings if they picked someone beautiful versus ordinary. JMSO I guess.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
One thing I noticed in one of the in between show and commercial ads, was Chris Harrison talking about the *final* Bachelor auditions coming soon. So does this mean these shows are going bye bye? I bet they are becoming too expensive to produce when they go all over the world.
I was under the impression they meant final auditions for the new season. I'm in Southern California, and get a Los Angeles station, and they were hyping the San Diego auditions.

As for the cost of the show - reality TV is considerably cheaper than anything else they could program - which is part of the reason there are so many shows like this! And they travel because they have sponsors willing to pay them to do so. And it does work! I've never really had much desire to visit any of the places they've been this season, but it's been so pretty on TV, my desire level has been kicked up a notch or two - so maybe I'll end up visiting? Tourist dollars are a big deal!

The Bachelor has been a big hit for ABC. It's not going away any time soon! And it's been on for so long that I remember watching the first season, and then losing interest for many many seasons after that, and then coming around and liking the show again. I've done the same thing with Survivor. It has to be a really long running show, if fans can totally lose interest for multiple seasons, and not watch it for years, and then find it again, and start watching again!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:35 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,788,048 times
I agree with you, bouncethelight, about Lucas being a dud in last night's episode. I'm so glad she chose Ames and can't wait to see that home town date.

I like Constantine. He seems to have a really good head on his shoulders and seems more real to me than some of the others. If he wants to take things slow, though, he shouldn't go on that show where they rush through a few dates and then expect a guy to propose. That's a huge commitment! No wonder so few of these relationships last.

I understand JP's jealousy but didn't like the way he was acting last night. As Lucas said, it was probably a good thing he got the tuxedo during those wedding photos instead of the "dress." I think Ashley set it up that way so she could picture herself with JP at the altar.

I really liked her date with Ben and am liking him more and more. They seem very natural together as she also does with JP. The fact that Ben didn't come home from the date until morning reminded me of when Molly spent the night in the tent with Jason.

Ashley herself may be boring and a dud, but I have to say that she's sure had some great guys to choose from. It would be a really tough decision if I were in her shoes.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I think Ashley set it up that way so she could picture herself with JP at the altar.
OMG! I think you're right! And now that you mention it, I would have done the same exact thing!

...and even if she didn't do it intentionally, she really does NEED to consider each of her potential husbands at the wedding - and consider whether she could say the vows to him, and consider whether she thinks he could say them back. Definite moment of truth...

Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,665,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Okay, did you notice how Emily has clogged tear ducts? Her eyes were moist, she had the sad facial expressions going on, but not one single tear escaped from those pretty brown eyes. Hmmm...makes you wonder if she was "acting".

As for the final four and Ashley, I am not excited for next week's show. I just want to see how rich one particular guy's family is. That's about it.
Yes, and I was really wondering about that and if she really was into Brad at all. Also she was going to get her own apartment to be near him which never did happen.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 AM

235 posts, read 509,803 times
I find Constantine so boring! I see zero connection between him & Ashley. Things seem more forced between them. I applaud him for not rushing into things but he doesn't seem 'in' to her at all.

Ames seems totally smitten but I don't see the same thing from Ashley toward him. I think he'll go next. He is such a lovable geek and will make some woman an great husband, but I don't see that woman as Ashley.

I can see her with Ben or JP. They both seem very comfortable with Ashley, seem like great down-to-earth guys. JP seems over the moon for her while Ben seems to be totally falling for her.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,467,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I have such a hard time telling Ben and Constantine apart! I love the longish hair on both of them, but it's more than just the hair - they even have similar facial features. But I've noticed that whenever I start to like one of them, it's invariably Ben. He's the cuter of the two, and I think he has more chemistry with Ashley, and genuinely likes her. To me, Constantine is always in second place, when I compare the two.
I have felt that from the beginning. They look ALOT alike. To me neither seem like her type but what do I know. They seem more down to earth then she is and I like them both but I think they are too good for her....really most of the guys are! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

The whole Emily confession thing was funny. She was acting. I really doubt that she was ever in love with Brad. And I think by her "coming clean" about everything just means that she wants to be the new Bachelorette. Which would be good if they would pick her. It would be worth watching versus Ashley. Although I think Ashley is ok as a person, she is just not exciting at all to watch. Some of the men are, but not her. The last few times they have picked more ordinary types for the Bachelorette. I always thought they would have better ratings if they picked someone beautiful versus ordinary. JMSO I guess.
I agree with you and I think wants to be the next Bachelorette and I think this has been her idea from the beginning on the show with Brad. Even though I wanted him to pick her, there was something not sincere about her, but maybe it was just that she wasn't in to Brad. The problem I see if she was chosen to be the next Bachelorette is I think she would do what Brad did the first time around.........pick no one. She seems to comfortable with her life in the south. She doesn't have to worry about money. No guy can compare with "the love of her life" that she lost. I think it would be a bad choice if they chose her, although you are right she is beautiful and I think she would have a bigger audience then someone "plain Jane" like Ashleigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGMetroWest View Post
Ames seems totally smitten but I don't see the same thing from Ashley toward him. I think he'll go next. He is such a lovable geek and will make some woman an great husband, but I don't see that woman as Ashley.
I still think he should be the next Bachelor!

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,467,588 times
Ok, after just now watching last nights episode online, since I missed last night, I think Ryan should be the next Bachelor. That broke my heart when she let him go.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV