Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:04 PM

563 posts, read 1,499,078 times

Advertisements

I think I like the masked guy. I get the reasoning and I guess I shouldn't be so shocked about everyones reactions to it. Why one or two of them were seriously scared to be standing near the guy, I don't get that. As far as previews for future episodes, I expected that the mask thing would only be for the first night. Crazy.
Can't believe she kept Bentley around. How do you get a tip like that and then proceed to give him his 15 in the spotlight anyways. Of course he's going to be nice and charming, he wants as much time in the spotlight as possible. What a waste.
And the drunk guy. Holy cow, really? You sell liquor and your first impression on someone, you're going to be s***faced??? Pretty funny really. He must feel like a fool.

I really really liked J.P. They seemed to have a really nice connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl8203 View Post
Here is a spoiler kinda of what the masked man on last nights show looks like:

'The Bachelorette': Meet Ashley's bachelors | Nick | Photo 2/26 | Metromix St. Louis

I think that he's the 5th pic. They had him all over the stl news.

Yes, just brought the episode up on Hulu. His name is Jeff, so it is the 5th pic. I don't think he's ugly like some people are saying - that's not what the mask is for.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Ashley is not an attractive (or interesting) young lady and her over-the-top perkiness is annoying (and phony) And I would think that as a dentist she would have that wonky extra snaggletooth pulled.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:19 PM

I didn't watch last season, except for Ashley's home date, and I'll probably watch this season - Honestly just because I grew up in Maine so I had a curiousity. These lame shows hook me just by watching one of them. I get the over-the-top annoying perkiness thing. But I think she's pretty nice and sweet and attractive. Not the most attractive but definitely pretty and a very nice body.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:32 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,927 times
Weird story about West on People.com. Apparently his first wife drowned in the bathtub due to a seizure. They had both been smoking pot on the evening that she drowned. He found the body. There was a police investigation (obviously) and he was cleared.

I would think that seeing him on a frivolous show like The Bachelorette would be very upsetting for the friends and family of his first wife as all of this will be discussed on an even bigger stage.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Weird story about West on People.com. Apparently his first wife drowned in the bathtub due to a seizure. They had both been smoking pot on the evening that she drowned. He found the body. There was a police investigation (obviously) and he was cleared.

I would think that seeing him on a frivolous show like The Bachelorette would be very upsetting for the friends and family of his first wife as all of this will be discussed on an even bigger stage.

Yea. I can see how that would be upsetting. They said on the show what happened, minus that pot was involved. That must have sucked, but I would have thought he'd be a little more emotional or upset on the show when it was mentioned. But who knows, i guess.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:33 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
I kind of wonder if the clips we saw of Bentley in future episodes were just creative editing. Perhaps he is a total jerk but it could also be manufactured drama.

I thought Tim was hilarious to watch. Added some needed humor to the show. Wouldn't want to be involved with him.

I liked the wine guy. He seemed genuine and down to earth.

None of them really wowed me based on looks alone.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:30 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
I don't know how much editing you could do to NOT make Bentley look like a total jerk. Even the first episode he stated Ashley wasn't his type.

Definitely too perky!!

And WHY would she keep the man with the mask. I am sorry, I think it is creepy!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 06:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Evidently they get good ratings, they're cheap to produce, and ABC makes a lot of money on them! It's always about the money...

I didn't buy Ashley as a good fit for Brad last season, so I didn't think I liked her all that much. But on her own, with the focus on her, she comes across as much more likable. So maybe she can carry the whole season?

Too bad she didn't take the advice of the friend who let her know Bentley's true intentions. Obviously there are always going to be guys who go on the show, just for the shot at fame - but if you have information ahead of time about one of those guys? And you don't cut him? I realize she wanted to give him a chance, but from the previews it looks like she gets really burned later in the season. And Bentley saying that he wished the Bachelorette was Emily instead? I can understand why he'd feel that way, but it's still heartbreaking to hear it come out of him, when you know Ashley is really into him...
You are so right! She was very foolish to keep him on the show with the information that she had. No one is THAT hot and he certainly isn't either. With all those other guys to choose from? Come on.

And, sorry, but the masked guy would have gone too if I were her.

I appreciate the statement that he's trying to make but . . . .

Old 05-24-2011, 07:31 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,819 times
West, who gave her a broken compass, so she could always find her way back to West if she gets loses her way.

I was trying to figure out what he meant by that- I had no idea his NAME was West- Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV