Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 07:31 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times

Advertisements

Joan & Melissa.... Joan knows best?

Anyone watching Joan & Melissa.... Joan knows best? I started watching from the 1st episode; missed one episode because Perez Hilton was on; I'm not a fan of his. Turns out it was the show that had to be watched or you were clueless in the last episode as to why Joan & Melissa weren't speaking.

Seeing the flashback pictures of Joan before surgery; she looks like a different person now.

I guess we'll see if Joan stays in California. She seems much happier in New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
actually it is kinda funny. I like Joan so there ya go.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
actually it is kinda funny. I like Joan so there ya go.
I like Joan too. I know she's not a lot of people's cup of tea.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
I like Joan and her daughter.
I'm sure the show is less reality than they would have us believe.
But I enjoy watching anyway.
Cooper is a handsome,nice little fella.
No way do I think that big boobed bleacehd blonde almost naked bimbo is a real employee of Melissa.
I love Manhattan so I can see how very different living in Los Angeles would be for a New Yorker. Blech--I wouldn't give up a life in NYC for that.
Joan's apt is a bit over the top for me but it's HUGE and could be nice. 25 million though??

Old 02-23-2011, 02:08 PM

I agree; Cooper is nice young man; cute too. Amazing how unspoiled he seems; I guess that could change with Joan living there & kissing his little behind; like when she bought the mini Cooper lol

It will be interesting to see what happens with the nanny. I agree with Joan about the way she dresses & was laughing at the uniform she bought.

I'm surprised Joan even wants to sell the NY apartment. I like it for the most part but the gold paint is too much for me lol Wonder if she sold it..

Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM

Joan Rivers Penthouse - One Year Later, Still For Sale June 22, 2010

Joan Rivers Lists her $25 Million New York Penthouse June 22, 2009

Connecticut home is still for sale- link Price: $5,900,000
Joan Rivers Lists her Connecticut Home for $6.5 Million June 24, 2009 : 5700 sq ft Connecticut Country Home for $6.5 Million. The property features a 4 Bed 4.5 Bath house, a caretaker's cottage, swimming pool and pool house and a pond.

According to the celebrity Real Estate Blogger (The RealEstalker), "Property records and previous reports indicate Miz Rivers scooped up her multi-parcel estate in New Milford which totals more than 75 acres in December of 2000 for $1,438,400." Joan Rivers Lists Connecticut Country House

Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,323 times
As much as I love Joan Rivers, I was so disappointed in this show. It is so obviously scripted and the two of them are pretty bad at making it seem real. Yes I think the nanny is fake too. Just put there as part of the cast. I couldn't even watch it anymore after the one show I saw when Joan mvoed there. I guess it was the first one where she bought Cooper a surfboard. It was sadly annoying.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,467,494 times
I've watched a few episodes and I actually like the show. I'm probably biased, though, because I've loved Joan Rivers for as far back as I can remember.

I can't imagine her staying in California. She's a NYC girl and I can't see the CA lifestyle agreeing with her at all. Maybe Melissa and Cooper would be a reason for her to stay there, though.

I missed the episode where Melissa and Joan had the fight. What was it about??? Must have been pretty bad --- I saw the following episode where they finally made up. Can someone fill me in?

Oh, and I also think the "nanny" is just a hired actress.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:51 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I've watched a few episodes and I actually like the show. I'm probably biased, though, because I've loved Joan Rivers for as far back as I can remember.

I can't imagine her staying in California. She's a NYC girl and I can't see the CA lifestyle agreeing with her at all. Maybe Melissa and Cooper would be a reason for her to stay there, though.

I missed the episode where Melissa and Joan had the fight. What was it about??? Must have been pretty bad --- I saw the following episode where they finally made up. Can someone fill me in?

Oh, and I also think the "nanny" is just a hired actress.
keeping in mind that "most" of the show is scripted: Melissa's bf Jason decided it might be good to do a family team building thing--dumb idea in any scenario. But basically, IMHO, it turned into a Joan ambush with Melissa,Jason and that guy friend of Melissa's dumping on Joan. If it was scripted then it was very realistic because it was an emotional scene.

They can get rid of the actress Nanny because she adds nothing but annoyance-to me anyway. No self respecting Nanny would dress in such a way.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,467,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
keeping in mind that "most" of the show is scripted: Melissa's bf Jason decided it might be good to do a family team building thing--dumb idea in any scenario. But basically, IMHO, it turned into a Joan ambush with Melissa,Jason and that guy friend of Melissa's dumping on Joan. If it was scripted then it was very realistic because it was an emotional scene.

They can get rid of the actress Nanny because she adds nothing but annoyance-to me anyway. No self respecting Nanny would dress in such a way.

I'm glad I didn't see this ---- I really love Joan and this would have annoyed me to no end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV